The complete suckiness of being a girl.

littlek

Reply Thu 30 Dec, 2004 09:55 pm
I actually could fix my own stuff until everything got so complex. My service light went on and I brought it in to find out why. The oxygen sensor quit working. The what? A 200+ dollar piece of computer diagnostic tool to help maintain feul efficiency. I'd never heard of it before I had to have it replaced. I would really like to become more self-sufficient about all this, but I imagine that one needs a big expensiv piece of equiptment just to know what's wrong with the engine.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 30 Dec, 2004 09:55 pm
She must have donned her scary tall shoes.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 30 Dec, 2004 10:00 pm
littlek wrote:
I actually could fix my own stuff until everything got so complex. My service light went on and I brought it in to find out why. The oxygen sensor quit working. The what? A 200+ dollar piece of computer diagnostic tool to help maintain feul efficiency. I'd never heard of it before I had to have it replaced. I would really like to become more self-sufficient about all this, but I imagine that one needs a big expensiv piece of equiptment just to know what's wrong with the engine.

Yep - and, while it makes cars more efficient, it is a pain in the bum when it comes to repairs.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Thu 30 Dec, 2004 10:01 pm
Swimpy wrote:
I'll try not to take the plumber rap personally, Piff. My family is full of people of the plumbing persuasion, all painfully honest.

With respect to being a girl, I found most of that changed when I turned 50. Not only am I older than most of the men I am dealing with, but I am also past the point of taking any sh i t from anyone.

Sorry, Swimpy. It's not that I don't WANT to like plumbers. Like I said, I tried to get my son to become one. Very Happy

But ... "painfully honest"... does that mean they say they don't want to take a job 'cause it's too hard and they'd have to dig? Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 30 Dec, 2004 10:05 pm
Lash wrote:
She must have donned her scary tall shoes.

You know, if you have a problem Lash, tell it right out.
I don't like you patronizing style, got that?
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Thu 30 Dec, 2004 10:07 pm
The thing about it is - even when you're not taken advantage of, they still try.

Mr. B just got home and I was telling him of my plumber experience and it pissed him off too that this guy was such a jerk.

I don't think all plumbers are jerks but this guy was. I don't think that all men are jerks and they will try to screw over girls because they're ditzy but there are some who will or who will try.

I am not a helpless little girl and I don't think I give off that vibe at all. Maybe that's why when it happens to me I assume it happens to others.

And the stories being told here show that it is happening. I'm glad to know that none of the girls are falling for it.

The fact that it sometimes requires scary shoes or dirty hands or whatever is proof that we've learned to cope with our perceived idiocy.
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Thu 30 Dec, 2004 10:08 pm
Well, they're not lazy, if that's what you mean, Piff.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 30 Dec, 2004 10:08 pm
Ohhhh! I think she's putting on those scary tall shoes!!!!

Got that?
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 30 Dec, 2004 10:10 pm
It is hard to find an honest plumber--but we finally did. He's a character. He just tells us to send the money when we can. (!) He has the best gossip in town.

Finally found an honest mechanic, too. (He went out of business. Can't compete with the crooks.)
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 30 Dec, 2004 10:15 pm
Lash wrote:
Ohhhh! I think she's putting on those scary tall shoes!!!!

Got that?

Not with you Lash, you're not in my league and that would be
foul play.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 30 Dec, 2004 10:18 pm
boomerang wrote:
And the stories being told here show that it is happening. I'm glad to know that none of the girls are falling for it.

I am glad too boomerang. Although there are still enough jerks
out there, we at last have each found a formula that works for us.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 30 Dec, 2004 10:24 pm
That's it?

That's the best you got?

Well, then, I'll have to agree with you. We aren't in the same league. Although scary shoes isn't my best work. But, this is really mostly your fault. You actually said you wear high heels to intimidate men. I mean...I'm still laughing. How do you expect people to pass that stuff up? Really. Please be more careful in the future.

<Now, behaving in the sucky to be a girl thread>

BTW, Love being a girl. Cleavage has made my life worthwhile.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Thu 30 Dec, 2004 10:27 pm
My friend M was 6 feet tall and always wore very high heels.

Men were intimidated.

She liked it like that.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 30 Dec, 2004 10:32 pm
I don't know, boomer. It sounded sexy when you said it...
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Thu 30 Dec, 2004 10:35 pm
I've worn taller shoes to intimidate anybody I can manage... that doesn't seem like a huge joke to me.

Being taller is intimidating.

Now pretending you're a guy to be intimidating... that's going a little far, however, I've used my initials when writing letters that demand action -- THAT seems to work, especially if I cc my attorney.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 30 Dec, 2004 10:40 pm
So like, when did you first notice this condition, Boom? Since you have discovered that you are a girl, have you had identity issues? Did you just blunder on, blissfully ignorant, before you discovered this? So many questions . . .
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 30 Dec, 2004 10:44 pm
For Chrimbo, I got my Sweetiepie what she really wanted (i know, cause i said: "What do you want?")--an electric staple gun and brad-nailgun. Pretty soon, she was imaginin' ever'thing which would need a couple 5/8" staples or some finishing brads . . . started to make me nervous . . . that girl's got more power tools than i do . . .
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 30 Dec, 2004 10:48 pm
Lash wrote:
That's it?

That's the best you got?

Well, then, I'll have to agree with you. We aren't in the same league. Although scary shoes isn't my best work. But, this is really mostly your fault. You actually said you wear high heels to intimidate men. I mean...I'm still laughing. How do you expect people to pass that stuff up? Really. Please be more careful in the future.

<Now, behaving in the sucky to be a girl thread>

BTW, Love being a girl. Cleavage has made my life worthwhile.

Lash, if you had read my previous postings, your question would
have been dispensable. Wearing high heels is an added tool, that's
all. And yes, you do behave like a sucky girl.

By the way, cleavage would never be an optional tool for me. Although
I do have enough to show for, in my point of view it's a sleezy way
to attract attention in a setting other than private.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 30 Dec, 2004 10:49 pm
Flat, huh?
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Thu 30 Dec, 2004 10:50 pm
I've been reading this thread and musing. It seems that all the females here assume they've been taken advantage of because they are females. Honestly, you don't think guys get ripped off by plumbers, mechanics, snake oil salesmen etc.? Taking advantage of a sucker is an equal opportunity gig. Get over it. Learn the difference between a trap and a drain in your plumbing system. Get two estimates on any repair work you need done. I'm a man. I had to learn this the hard way. If they see ya comin', they'll take advantage of you.
0 Replies