Which second foreign language should I choose?

Reply Thu 30 Dec, 2004 11:32 am
I am from china, and I am doing graduate study in USA. I would like to learn a second foreign language. But it is hard to choose.
French, Spanish or Latin? Which one will be more helpful to me? Can you help me to make a decision? Thank you Razz
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 493 • Replies: 4
No top replies

smorgs

Reply Thu 30 Dec, 2004 12:35 pm
French...it's the language of love! Very Happy
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 30 Dec, 2004 12:41 pm
Spanish, as it is the second language of the United States.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 30 Dec, 2004 12:41 pm
If you intend to remain in or direct your business interests toward North America, then i would advise Spanish, because it is so widely spoken in both North and South America. If you intended to go into a line of business which puts you in touch with central Africa, then I would advise French. Russian might be useful, if your future interests lie in central Eur-Asia. Most well-educated people in Central Asia north of the Hindu-Dush learned to speak Russian as children, for however much they may have despised their masters.

Good luck in your studies.
0 Replies

susangao

Reply Sat 1 Jan, 2005 12:35 am
Thank you for your suggestions : )
It seems that Spanish is a better choice. But I never touched Spanish before. I learned French for about 2 month, one year ago. In my heart I prefer French. But it looks like that French is not that useful in American. So I haven't made the decision yet.
Another thing is that I can't find some person to learn the language together. It is really hard to stick to learn by yourself,especially for a foreign language.
0 Replies