Howd'ya feel

Reply Thu 12 Oct, 2017 05:35 pm
As a mental state, at 86 w/Alzie's I nevertheless one'v happiest such in the Visible Universe 'cuz'v the excellent care by Better Half Enerval. On purely physical basis however, been miserable some 20 year now owing [1] to side effects of the meds keepin' me alive and [2] lack of exercise

Z'a lethargy, annui, lassitude, listlessness, torpor*, sluggishness*

Neither me nor BH much like the idea of 'cize. However, goin' to the ring'n phone now, waitin' to hear if gonna be a msg, I do twist my arms and legs

Wonder if anyone amongst our 100,000 pot'l A2k'ers feels as I do; but better yet's found some way 'round it

*Why them last two not 'cluded under 'fatigue'
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 1,546 • Replies: 13
No top replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 12 Oct, 2017 06:14 pm
@dalehileman,
I'm 82 and suffer from kidney failure. Not the healthiest senior on a2k, but still look forward to doing things on this planet. My wife's having a nursing school class reunion in Fresno this weekend, and I'll be driving the 3 hours plus to the hotel. Staying just for one night, but I'm looking forward to it.
dalehileman

Reply Thu 12 Oct, 2017 06:33 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Great, Cis, thanks. At 82 I was still able to manage one, well, once a week anyhow
Miss L Toad

Reply Thu 12 Oct, 2017 08:20 pm
@dalehileman,
And it's ennui go, once more unto the breach.

Is one a week enough for nursing class reunions?

Or have you digressed yourself again you naughty boy.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51PZxTNUaCL.jpg
dalehileman

Reply Fri 13 Oct, 2017 01:22 pm
@Miss L Toad,
Quote:
ennui go
Miss, took me a whole day but finally realized what a fine pun, will keep me in the finest spirit the rest of the day if not into next week

Edited to realize
Quote:
unto the breach
was also a pun, a really fine one, not immediately obvious, even to Google

Quote:
you naughty boy
You naughty girl

Fwded to my two sons Eeli Toccs Enerval and Nyl Koys Enerval to illustrate what fun a2k can be

I hafta explain all four of us have the same middle name

Dale Enerval Hileman
Apple Valley
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Fri 13 Oct, 2017 02:39 pm
@dalehileman,
The Will To Live

by Arnold A. Hutschnecker

Was Nixon's personal physician, I think.
0 Replies

centrox

Reply Fri 13 Oct, 2017 02:58 pm
I'm only 65 and my conditions seem a bit trivial really, varicose veins and asthma. On the plus side, as I get older I seem to care less what other people think. A kind of minus thing is that I sometimes look back with dismay at what a damn fool I was as a young man but they do say hindsight is the most cheaply obtained form of wisdom.
Sturgis

Reply Fri 13 Oct, 2017 03:18 pm
@dalehileman,
Quote:
...waiting to hear if gonna be a msg. I do twist my arms and legs

Well that's good. Many times the flexibility of the body decreases over the years, making it near next to impossible to twist the limbs.
dalehileman

Reply Fri 13 Oct, 2017 03:58 pm
@Sturgis,
Yea Stur, thanks again. I'm overly lucky in many ways
0 Replies

cameronleon

Reply Sat 14 Oct, 2017 09:34 pm
I'm younger than most of you, so here I feel as being at the able2know senior citizen topic.

After reading your messages I admire you. I don't think I'm gonna live that long as you do, but inside me I fight a lot against misfortune and try to keep my health functioning at its best.

My health is not 100% fine, but I fake to be at that level, and I lie to myself so I can go forward and enjoy life the most I can.

So far, it works with me, I smile continually and see the world with positive attitude.

So, I can say that regardless of my not to well health I feel fine, and I'm not lying when I say this, I feel fine.

Foofie

Reply Mon 16 Oct, 2017 02:11 pm
@centrox,
centrox wrote:

...On the plus side, as I get older I seem to care less what other people think...

The inverse is also true, oftentimes, that the older one gets, the less the younger generation values the oldsters opinion.
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Reply Mon 16 Oct, 2017 02:45 pm
@centrox,
Good summary there, Centrox.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 16 Oct, 2017 03:05 pm
@cameronleon,
I like the outlook of your life. We do the best we can with what we've got. I also feel fine.
cameronleon

Reply Mon 16 Oct, 2017 10:02 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I'm glad to read that.

I truly am.

Best in many weeks was to find this topic. It's peaceful.

0 Replies