starting all over

Reply Wed 29 Dec, 2004 12:19 pm
Well, for any of you who are still here that remember my boyfriend saga, I have been broken up w/ the ex for 3 months now. I have been focusing on myself and trying to move on...although I'm still waiting for this "time heals all" thing to kick in... Anyhow, I guess I'm just really stuck and conflicted at this point. I had mentally prepared myself to get married w/ the ex (as we had spoken about engagement), and while I think I might actually be able to date again soon, I DREAD doing the whole dating scene thing again...I still have in my mind that I want to settle down and skip all that b.s. Since the ex was older, some ppl say I'm crazy to want to find someone to settle down w/ already (I'm only 20). I know that I'll have to open myself up to dating in order to simply find someone else, but I'm so scared of being hurt or used in the process.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 609 • Replies: 1
No top replies

Crazielady420

Reply Wed 29 Dec, 2004 12:26 pm
I am 20 also ( well I will be in January).... When my ex of 4 years ( we started dating at 14, he was my best friend) anyways when we broke up I thought I would never be the same. It actually took me about 9 months to become "over him" as some would say it. All I know is that I thought the pain would never stop. now about two and a half years after the break up, I am with my loving new boyfriend ( we've been together for a year and a 1/2).. At first it was so hard to see someone else. But now that time has gone by, I am happier then I was before.. My ex and I also talked of marraige and the works, kids, you name it.

But anyways my point is, healing takes a long time ( and I still think about my ex) but once you move on and find that feeling of new love again it is amazing!!!
0 Replies