Reply Tue 28 Dec, 2004 09:52 pm
what do you think? is love a decission or an addiction?...or is it just a feeling?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,130 • Replies: 16
No top replies

smorgs

Reply Wed 29 Dec, 2004 01:24 am
It's just a feeling.....chemicals in your brain, it wares off in about six months, by then your used to the person so you don't get rid of them lightly. Sorry it's cynical........but it's just chemicals, we're 'designed' that way. :wink:
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Wed 29 Dec, 2004 11:50 am
I think it involves a feeling, but also a willingness to continue loving even in times when the feeling isn't quite there.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Wed 29 Dec, 2004 11:54 am
I say love, it is a flower, and you it's only seed. It's the heart, afraid of breaking, that never learns to dance. It's the dream, afraid of waking, that never takes the chance.

Where's my fifth of vodka? Where's my exacto knife?
0 Replies

saintabby

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 03:08 pm
Gargamel--- cute sense of humor. Wink

You should read "The Art of Loving" by Erich Fromm.... he thinks love is a decision you make. We can choose who we love. The movie "dopamine" would definitely argue with that.

I think love is whatever you choose it to be, and I think it's all those things all wrapped up in one hell of a confusing melodramatic fantastic voyage!
0 Replies

sabrina bella lopez

Reply Sat 1 Jan, 2005 11:48 pm
love...what?
ok, guys...I dont really know what love is...I mean, I was pregant with my partners baby and i had terrible mood swings and flipped out...I fully bit his arm at 2am in the morning while on a camping trip with all our freinds...we're still together though, he said it was just a tough time for me(and boy, was it!!!) New years eve, he was drinking and we'd had an argument and he made me so angry that I slapped him across the face and knocked him flat on his arse....we're still together...not sure if it's love though...I think addiction could be a good description for it...sounds about right...what do you think???
0 Replies

jaded i think

Reply Sun 2 Jan, 2005 12:28 pm
i personally think it's an addiction too.. you become SO use to the other person that YOU THINK you love them. it's like saying " you're my right arm, with out it i don't know how i can function"
0 Replies

superjuly

Reply Sun 2 Jan, 2005 12:58 pm
Re: love...what?
sabrina_bella_lopez wrote:
ok, guys...I dont really know what love is...I mean, I was pregant with my partners baby and i had terrible mood swings and flipped out...I fully bit his arm at 2am in the morning while on a camping trip with all our freinds...we're still together though, he said it was just a tough time for me(and boy, was it!!!) New years eve, he was drinking and we'd had an argument and he made me so angry that I slapped him across the face and knocked him flat on his arse....we're still together...not sure if it's love though...I think addiction could be a good description for it...sounds about right...what do you think???

I think you shouldn't have slapped him in the face.
0 Replies

JustBrooke

Reply Sun 2 Jan, 2005 01:20 pm
Love ...... a great mystery with many definitons. Many float endlessly through life searching for that one, seemingly "elusive" love.

To find a heart that can define love within the same context of your own heart and is willing to never confine it.....is a love worth keeping.

*sighs*
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sun 2 Jan, 2005 01:52 pm
This is the best definition for love that I have come across:

"True love is not the helpless desire to possess the cherished object of one's fervent affection; true love is the disciplined generosity we require of ourselves for the sake of another when we would rather be selfish."
0 Replies

saintabby

Reply Sun 2 Jan, 2005 07:10 pm
sabrina---are you still in this relationship???????
0 Replies

sabrina bella lopez

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2005 11:38 pm
"I think you shouldn't have slapped him in the face."

does that mean it was ok to bite him????
I slapped him because he urinated all over a stray dog infront of people at the party...it was putrid....
0 Replies

saintabby

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2005 04:42 pm
wow. this guy is a keeper.
0 Replies

VooDoo

Reply Sat 15 Jan, 2005 05:15 am
No one has a grand unifying theory on relationships and love?!? Wink
0 Replies

superjuly

Reply Sat 15 Jan, 2005 06:38 am
sabrina_bella_lopez wrote:
"I think you shouldn't have slapped him in the face."

does that mean it was ok to bite him????
I slapped him because he urinated all over a stray dog infront of people at the party...it was putrid....

No, it doesn't mean it was ok to bite him.
My point is that you can't (better yet, should not) cross the line of respect when it comes to (what I am assuming) a prospective relationship and you've simply done that by biting his arm.

Once you're in a relationship, there is a very long path between two points.

Point A being the very best loving, cherishing and caressing moments of your relationship.
And Point B being the most hating, name shouting and slapping-in-the-face fights. This is when you've crossed the line and lost respect.

Now, there's a long way to go from point A to point B. And once you've hit point B you can certainly come back to point A being loving and caring again, but just notice how often and fast you will get to point B again and again.

Slapping him on the face just took you back to point B.

If there's no respect, it becomes nothing but a vicious circle.
0 Replies

sabrina bella lopez

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2005 03:37 am
LOve
sorry it took me so long to get back, guys!!!

Superjuly: I suffered cronic morning sickness for wich none of the medications I had helped any. I simply asked him to help me find a toilet role so i could pee as that is a regular occurance in pregnant women( and noraml people!). it was at two in the morning and he was grumpy that i woke him. he cracked the poops and told me to walk into the bush and kill myself...pleasant, i think not. i walked out of the tent to get some fresh air and to let him calm down and he obviously thought i was going to do something stupid so he grabbed me and wouldn't let go when i asked repeatedly. i couldn't scream to get him off so the last thing was to bite....and dont think i dont feel guilty about it...i still appologise for it today.

reguardless of the tough times, we're still together and we still love each other...love or infatuation
0 Replies

sabrina bella lopez

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2005 03:45 am
lOve
Superjuly: i just re-read ur reply....ur rite.
I just want us to be happy and ive tried everything. he's at that stage in the relationship where he's comfortable and he's not affectionate or passionate anymore. doesnt want to go out and have fun with me, i miss the little things like going to the park, eatiing fish n chips. I want him to want me, if you know what i mean. i feel like he's un-attracted to me and I feel un-appreciated and un-loved. everytime i get upset he says "this relationships been dead for a long time" and i cry more, then he appologises for saying that. I dont know what i can do to make him understand. what you say only counts for a small percentage......

ANY SUGGESTIONS???????????????
0 Replies