new so bare with me please...

Reply Tue 28 Dec, 2004 08:54 pm
I'm new to this but i think i need to vent. I can't vent to family or friends so found this site with hopes strangers can help.
i'm 26 and i'm a great girl. what's the problem? i can't find a decent guy to treat me right. i find all the ones who need fixing up, fix em and they're gone. recntly, as recent as dec 26th my b/f broke up with me. but the kicker is on the 24th he said he loved me. he said i betrayed him by talking about our problems to my closest friends. who else can i talk to if not them? i'm so hung up on the guy but he's not even good for me but i love him still. he messed with my mind and my heart so bad and has just wiped me off as if i never existed. i know i'm better without him but god i miss him so much. i have so many issues right now and i'm a mess. i also have a guy friend who is head over heals for me and he's amazing...problem is? he's my friend. anyone....have advice at all? how do i get over the ex and move on when all i want is to be with him even though he's all wrong for me?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 568 • Replies: 2
No top replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Tue 28 Dec, 2004 09:12 pm
Welcome to A2K Jaded. You've come to the right place. Here you'll find lots of kind folks who'll offer advice. It sounds like you may be a bit co-dependent. Habitually choosing fixer-uppers is not a good thing. I'm going to grab you a link to an interesting story that may help you clarify things a little. It may not apply to you, but it's an interesting read nonetheless. Hang in there, we've all been through it. Here it is.... Click here.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 28 Dec, 2004 09:13 pm
jaded_i_think--

You wrote:

Quote:
i can't find a decent guy to treat me right. i find all the ones who need fixing up, fix em and they're gone. recntly, as recent as dec 26th my b/f broke up with me. but the kicker is on the 24th he said he loved me. he said i betrayed him by talking about our problems to my closest friends. who else can i talk to if not them?

Decent guy? He signaled discontent on Christmas Eve, let you cook him Christmas dinner and then left?

Decent guy?

You had issues with this decent guy's treatment of you and you discussed them with your girlfriends, trying to figure out what to do? Decent guy doesn't like the issues? Doesn't like the girl friends?

Decent guy sounds like a kinky zoo keeper.

Sure you miss him. You gave him your heart and your soul and 24/7 and now that he's gone you're feeling lost?

What color is the sky? What color is the snow? How do you spell "Dumb Woman"?

You write:

Quote:
i also have a guy friend who is head over heals for me and he's amazing...problem is? he's my friend.

Sometimes horses are called "studs". Sometimes men are called "studs".

\One big difference between the typical horse and the typical man is that when a horse throws you get back on ASAP. You are supposed to be in charge of the horse.

When a man throws you, do not climb back on some other man with the same equipment. Take some time to think about why the relationship failed.

Perhaps the only mistake you made was thinking that an SOB was lover material.

If this other guy is a friend, friend, great. If he's a stud who has been champing in the wings, hold off.

You ask:

Quote:
how do i get over the ex and move on when all i want is to be with him even though he's all wrong for me?

Replace him. Don't sit all alone by the telephone. Find people and activities to fill in the void.

You might get some counselling to help you discover just why you pick the cruel, possessive SOB's.

Good luck.
0 Replies