Fri 6 Oct, 2017 12:55 am
I needed a new power cord for my old Laptop. Since I am in Thailand I got a used cord with adapter for cheap. I didnt want to spend so much cause my laptop is quite old and i only use it when traveling.
Ok so it works ok however every time I plug in the cord it makes a loud pop sound and there is a spark. This happenes no matter which power outlet I use and no matter if I have laptop joined with cable or not.
Other appliances do not make a pop or spark.
So my question is weather it is safe to use this cable??? Plus if the problem lies in the adapter part or the part that goes into the outlet? As I said it pops once and then it behaves ok and works..but I dont want to run the chance of frying my laptop.
Toss it and buy a replacement from the manufacturer. That cheapo adapter sounds like a fire hazard.