More Computer Stuff I Don't Understand - Webcam

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2022 07:38 am
My PC was just upgraded from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10. The Web cam stopped working. On any purely internal camera tests on the PC, it would show a beautiful image of me, but for any real teleconferencing, with multiple types of software that used the camera, there would be no image of me and I'd be told "camera not available."

All the Windows camera parameters we set to allow access. Shutting down and re-starting made no difference. I called my computer guy and he said to pull out and re-insert the Web cam's USB cable from the back of the computer and that worked perfectly. I re-booted and the Web cam still works. How can re-inserting the cable fix the issue when even shutting down and re-starting had no effect?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,593 • Replies: 2
No top replies

engineer

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2022 09:36 am
@Brandon9000,
When the computer "sees" a new peripheral like a camera for the first time, it runs a little program to pair it up and load in all the right drivers. When you reconnected the cable, that program kicked off and set everything up.
Brandon9000

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2022 12:41 pm
@engineer,
Thanks. That explains it.
0 Replies