War or Democrat Control: Which is Safer?

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2004 09:35 am
Seen on LibertyPost:

http://www.libertypost.org/cgi-bin/readart.cgi?ArtNum=79563&Disp=0

Quote:

The end of 2004 is just around the corner, and we can safely estimate the body count in the 'Republican' war on terror and juxtaposition this figure to the body count in American cities run by Democrats.

I'm not posting this to demean the sacrifice that our brave soldiers have made, but rather to point out the hypocrisy of the MSM. They are making such a fuss out of the Iraq body count, but the sad fact is, that many of the soldiers (at least the ones that come from Democrat controlled cities), are probably safer in Fallujah than in Los Angeles County.

City Homicides Population Rate/100,000 Los Angeles 592 3.6 million 16.44 Chicago 485 2.8 million 17.32 Detroit 346 1.0 million 34.60 Philadelphia 251 1.5 million 16.73

LA Leads in Murders

According to CBC (Canadian - Dec. 24, 2004): U.S. Combat deaths: 1,034 (925) Total wounded: 9,981 Non-combat deaths: 282 (252)

LA - Road to Fallujah

Number of Arrests, Index Offenses, Los Angeles, 2002-November 13, 2004 Full Year 2002 Full Year 2003 Jan.-Nov. 13, 2004 Homicide 505 428 442

The Democrats are constantly complaining about how many brave, young American men have lost their lives in Iraq. We should examine how many more lose their lives in the serenely peaceful environment of Democrat controlled US cities.

The total American casualties caused by enemy action in Iraq: 1034 The total American casualties caused by living in a city run by Democrats: 1674

But this doesn't tell the whole story, you must also look at the respective populations. The combined population of the Democrat run cities noted above: 8.9 million The total population of Iraq: 22,675,617 (July 2000 est.)

So the Democrats are busy screaming about how the Republicans are running the 'war' in Iraq, they should be explaining to the American people why the cities controlled by Democrats have higher rates of violent deaths than the warzone in Iraq.

I just thought that the above information and perspective was interesting. So far, the body count in just Los Angeles and Detroit is higher than the combined body counts of Fallujah, Mosul, Baghdad, Tikrit and in fact, all the rest of Iraq.

I'm surprised that D.C. did not hit there. That really effective gun ban that they've had since 1974 sure does seem to work.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,601 • Replies: 21
No top replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2004 09:39 am
what nonsense...perhaps the body count is higher in the cities you mentioned because there is a much denser populatioin....with many more pockets of poor and less educated people...and perhaps they are controlled by democrats because the democratic party is the party that tries to include them instead of keeping them out...the party that attempts to help them ( or as you would put it give them handouts)..... it;'s certainly as logical and sensible a statement as the one in your post.....
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2004 10:20 am
Face it, the correlation between democrat control and every sort of urban pathology in this country is near 100%. You could eliminate at least half of all the problems which afflict your "poor and uneducated" classes in this country just by outlawing the dem party and banning it.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2004 10:33 am
gungasnake wrote:
Face it, the correlation between democrat control and every sort of urban pathology in this country is near 100%. You could eliminate at least half of all the problems which afflict your "poor and uneducated" classes in this country just by outlawing the dem party and banning it.

Could you please supply some educated and thoughful data to bolster this claim?
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2004 10:34 am
When has gungasnake ever supplied educated and thoughtful data? Why start now?
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2004 10:35 am
D'artagnan wrote:
When has gungasnake ever supplied educated and thoughtful data? Why start now?

until NYE it's still officially the season of miracles.....
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2004 10:38 am
Your hopeful spirit is truly inspiring, Bear!
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2004 11:00 am
just trying to spread the love.....

you remember the east coast gonnorhea epidemic of 1977 don't you :wink:
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2004 11:02 am
Sort of. I'd escaped the East Coast by then. Guess I was lucky!
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2004 11:03 am
well I did my best...but I'm only one man.....
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2004 11:17 am
We all respect you for that, Bear...
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2004 11:24 am
The love and respect of my fellow A2Kers is the only reward I seek and humbly accept.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2004 11:43 am
gungasnake wrote:

The unpinched whitehead pimple that is American conservatism is the problem with this country...not the Democratic Party.

Thinking such as you have exhibited in this thread, Snake, is the problem with the country.

But the only chance for this country to get back on track is to tolerate this self-righteous sleeze...distateful as that is for anyone with a brain.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2004 11:57 am
Apparently the only methodology available to mantain conservative orthodoxy (a relaxation of the mind accompanied by a stiffening of the heart) is to eliminate diversity. By regulation if economical, by force if necessary.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2004 12:07 pm
I think you're right, dyslexia. All kidding aside, I think there's a significant portion of the conservative movement that would like to see the Democrats disappear.

The idiocy behind this thread is an example of that...
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2004 12:09 pm
This is gungas way of making a stupid war sound innocent by comparison. Tell it to SChwarzenegger and Patacki.

Were pissing away about 1 bullion a month on Iraq. Meanwhile the federeal infrastructture is eroding as fast as medicares solvency. WHo the hell needs clean water and good roads.

To aanswer your question, Id rather see the war caalled off cause, no matter how long we stay, once we leave, civil War will start that has the potential to become anotther world conflict.

But Bush doesnt make mistakes (his stringholders do)
0 Replies

neue regel

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2004 03:42 pm
'All kidding aside, I think there's a significant portion of the conservative movement that would like to see the Democrats disappear.'

I believe that door swings both ways.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2004 03:48 pm
I have no objection to a republican party...whatever happened to it anyway?
0 Replies

neue regel

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2004 04:01 pm
Conversely too with the Democratic party, as articulated by Zell Miller. All a matter of perspective, I suppose.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2004 04:55 pm
we will give you Zell Miller for Tom Ridge.
PS, what Zell Miller did was not an articulation, it was sttirring up a lynch mob.
Seems we were using spittballs in Iraq even without Dem help
0 Replies