Iraqi kids get a Christmas

Idaho

Reply Tue 28 Dec, 2004 09:57 am
Boomerang wrote:
Quote:
I'm offended by soldiers offering Christmas presents to Muslim children

That may be the most ridiculous thing I've ever read. Offended by gifts given in the spirit of good will? I'm not Jewish, but am pleased to be wished a happy Hannakuh - it's just plain silly to be offended by well-wishes. Not to mention that these particular gifts weren't directed at you, so you have no right to be offended. Merry Christmas!
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Tue 28 Dec, 2004 10:02 am
I really wish this thread wouldn't go in this direction. I truly wouldn't have made this thread (regarding my FI) if I knew. I just know some people don't have a soldier they keep in contact with and have PM'ed me to give them updates on here, so this was the one card I got from him.

Plus, I get VERY excited whenever I get anything from him. I mean... it's been a year since he left. I'm just a lonely but very proud girl. lol Cool
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Tue 28 Dec, 2004 10:31 am
I'm sorry, Joahaeyo, I certainly didn't mean to spoil your thread. You have every reason to be proud. I feel the same way about the soldier that I love.

I want each and every one of them to make it home alive and whole.

The DoD has asked that people not send packages or share addresses because such things pose a threat to our soldiers.

Safely on American soil wishing someone a seasonal whatever will get you a smile; wishing Iraqis a Merry Christmas when so many of them think we are on a Christian crusade seems downright foolhardy.

Again, I'm sorry.

I'll go away now.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 28 Dec, 2004 10:38 am
Joahaeyo wrote:
I really wish this thread wouldn't go in this direction. I truly wouldn't have made this thread (regarding my FI) if I knew. I just know some people don't have a soldier they keep in contact with and have PM'ed me to give them updates on here, so this was the one card I got from him.

Plus, I get VERY excited whenever I get anything from him. I mean... it's been a year since he left. I'm just a lonely but very proud girl. lol Cool

horny too I bet :wink:
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Tue 28 Dec, 2004 10:42 am
Fully half of the Iraqi population is under the age of 18. Just something to keep in mind when reading all the heart-warming stories of those serving in dealing with the children of Iraq. Personally, I think they're making a huge difference.
---------------------------------------------------------

http://www.usaweekend.com/04_issues/041128/041128military.html

It appears all but inevitable that many U.S. men and women in uniform will spend the coming holidays stationed in Iraq. But as sad as that is for their families, all Americans can take heart in the proud traditions our military upholds every day, traditions that speak to the core of this nation's values: reaching out to people in need, regardless of where they call home.

Yes, within the past two years, we've seen some unsettling images that speak to the darker impulses of war. But every day in Iraq there are acts of kindness and compassion that should be celebrated. These moments speak to the true commitment of our men and women in uniform. As unspeakable acts unfolded about them, these soldiers sought to do something good, to make the lives of the Iraqi people a bit more bearable. They weren't ordered to do so by their commanders. It wasn't their duty. It was simply the right thing to do.
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Sun 2 Jan, 2005 01:10 pm
Receiving some feedback for the Christmas care packages Smile

Seems that although the socks, chapstick, etc. were appreciated, the little footballs were the biggest hit ... LOL!
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Tue 4 Jan, 2005 01:37 pm
The kids are really the biggest victims of this conflict--and let me tell you, I'd be damned pleased to be a 12 year old boy on the recieving end of a tall, large breasted, scantily clad image of a female.
Call it Christmas, call it what you will...they'll be fighting in the streets for that one!
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 05:00 pm
More pics from my fiance.

This is him and his buddies playing football. He said his back is still sore. hahaha (he's the second from the left ...standing)

http://img140.exs.cx/img140/1525/footballiniraq5tf.jpg

Them playing soccer with the kids.

http://img140.exs.cx/img140/8585/socceriraq1ml.jpg

My FI's friend with the kids.

http://img140.exs.cx/img140/5219/iraqikids28jo.jpg

Another pic of the brave kids in Iraq.

http://img140.exs.cx/img140/2885/iraqikids7jh.jpg
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 05:02 pm
He should be back in a little more than 30 days!! WOOHOO Smile Smile
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 05:10 pm
I hope for his safe and timely return....and plenty of wild monkey sex for you....
0 Replies