Self-service prepaid machine

Reply Sun 26 Dec, 2004 04:39 am
In university, students would buy something in campus, so the university releases a card (called "school card"? like "Medicare card") to students, so that they buy foods, books in campus by swiping card.) Do you know the card is called what? School card?

If the money in the card has run out of, you may want to recharge it. But you don't need to go to bank to draw money and return to your university to deposit the money into the "school card". There is a machine like automatic depositor in campus, which can transfor your money from your bank card to the "school card". The machine is called what? However, the machine is a device which can automatically recharge your "school card"
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 685 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Vivien

Reply Sun 26 Dec, 2004 05:49 am
don't know exactly as we don't have anything like this - but it is a form of credit card - so school credit card? and credit transfer machine would explain clearly to anyone what the machine is.
0 Replies

oristarA

Reply Sun 26 Dec, 2004 06:42 am
Thanks Vivien.

I check out some media, and found:
1) Campus card;
2) All-in-one card system.

could you get them at first sight?
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Sun 26 Dec, 2004 02:42 pm
yes - I wouldn't totally understand - but only because of the system rather than the English - that works well Very Happy
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 26 Dec, 2004 02:47 pm
Since it is prepaid, it would be a debit card, but I have no idea what the generic term for the machines might be.
0 Replies

Wy

Reply Sun 26 Dec, 2004 09:42 pm
I think the machines could fall under the umbrella of "ATM" -- Automatic Teller Machine. The machine performs the functions of a teller at the bank, whether providing cash or reloading cards with previously banked funds.

And I bought a card like that for my teenage daughter for Christmas this year. It's called a "prepaid credit card" by my bank, although as Roger says, it's actually a debit card. I think they call it "prepaid credit" because it's not tied to my checking or savings accounts (heaven forfend I should give WeaselGirl unlimited access to the household fortune! Smile )
0 Replies