i have a stalker....

Reply Sat 25 Dec, 2004 06:42 pm
how do you tell sumbody to stop stalking you and that they are a compulsive liar....i really didnt think these people existed until i met this girl. you woild not believe the stuff she says
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 658 • Replies: 4
No top replies

JustBrooke

Reply Sat 25 Dec, 2004 06:46 pm
Hmmmmmmm...........you couldn't by chance give just a wee lil bit more info could ya? Smile

PS- Most stalkers don't just stop because you tell them to unfortunately.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sat 25 Dec, 2004 06:51 pm
Re: i have a stalker....
EMSFD125 wrote:
how do you tell sumbody to stop stalking you and that they are a compulsive liar

Item 1: "Stop stalking me."

Item 2: "You are a compulsive liar."

Thing is, if you really want to be rid of an individual it may be best not to level a charge that they are likely to want to defend themselves against and naturally feel compelled to respond to.

Furthermore, most "stalkers" are just cases in which the "stalkee" is playing along in the game, alternating between attempting to elicit a response and deciding that the response is not desireable. See, it's pretty easy to ignore someone unless they are taking it to the level that justifies a restraining order.

If it's at that point do so. If not just quit playing along and make up your mind as to whether you want contact with the person or not.
0 Replies

ForeverYoung

Reply Sat 25 Dec, 2004 07:04 pm
  1. Ignore the person

2. If that doesn't stop the person, definitely get a restraining order

3. If that doesn't stop the person ................. please try #1 and #2 before we even go there Exclamation

Good luck to you. Smile
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 25 Dec, 2004 08:09 pm
Become unavailable. Do not have analytical conversations with your Self Appointed Shadow--even over the telephone. Refused to speak with her at all, let alone discuss your actions or her actions.

If she persists explain firmly that you are not interested in love or in friendship or in any social contact.

Unless she's actually pathological in her obsession, ignoring should work.
'
If ignoring doesn't work give her one warning and then call the police and complain that you are being harassed.
0 Replies