I hear the secrets that you keep ...

CalamityJane

Reply Sun 26 Dec, 2004 10:10 pm
Our little dog does that too Piffka. While he's a coward
during the day and pretends not seeing bigger dogs, he'll
play the hero in his dreams, and probably takles a great Dane.

I on the other hand, have sometimes such boring
dreams that I wake up from it http://www.mainzelahr.de/smile/traurig/hmpf01.gif
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 26 Dec, 2004 10:37 pm
As a child, I was both a walker & a talker. Once, in the wee, small hours of the morning, I walked into my parents' bedroom & proceeded to rummage in one of their wardrobes. Of course they got a bit of a shock & asked me what I was doing. "Folding up the clothes properly!", I answered indignantly. Laughing
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Sun 26 Dec, 2004 10:37 pm
CalamityJane wrote:
Our little dog does that too Piffka. While he's a coward
during the day and pretends not seeing bigger dogs, he'll
play the hero in his dreams, and probably takles a great Dane.

I on the other hand, have sometimes such boring
dreams that I wake up from it http://www.mainzelahr.de/smile/traurig/hmpf01.gif

Very Happy boring dreams, eh? I'm just about to go bore myself, too. <yawn>

My dog is fairly big (45 pounds) and acts like a bully (bad girl!), for which she regularly gets into trouble. I've noticed she makes similar yipping noises when she first sees a wild animal and wants to chase it. (Bad dog... bad girl!) Her sister from the same litter never yips in her sleep, but she's emotionally more stable.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2004 02:24 am
Wonderful thread, though it's keeping me from my bed. I now remembered a dream from high school, that still gives me chuckles. It was a few days before the A level exams - the oral exams you have to take in order to graduate from high school -a big big deal back in Slovakia. My biggest fright was history, and I had no time to go over everything properly before the exam, and I knew it. So, in my sleep, I have cleverly invented whole centuries of Central European history. I made up whole royal families and regal intermarriages, wars, feuds, deaths, murders. I remember waking up suddenly, trying to go over everything from the dream - King Adophus married Mathilda in 1213, then Silesia was taken over by Hubert... but I couldn't remember it all and soon got terribly worried how I'm going to fail blatantly. I jumped up, opened all history books I could lay my hands on... of course no Adolphus, no Mathilda, no Hubert in there. Took me some good 15 minutes total to figure out it was all a dream...
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2004 02:27 am
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2004 02:36 am
????????????
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2004 03:01 am
dagmaraka wrote:
????????????

It was a comment on your dream.

Love the sig line!
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2004 09:56 am
Yup... Dagmaraka has the best sig. line in all of a2k.

I think, isn't there some pathology when you can't remember whether dreams are real or not?

Dreaming history lessons... yikes.
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2004 10:20 am
Dagmaraka, I, too, love your sig line - the version I know is with a glass of Martini in one hand and a piece of chocolate in the other hand. Which is, incidentally, more my taste :-) And Martini can, of course, also be substituted by Campari!
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2004 10:51 am
Hmm, I like Manhattans. Maybe I'll change it accordingly.

Now, thanks to this thread I am starting to recollect significant dreams in my life. The one that stood out most I dreamt in a trolley bus, when I dozed off for a few seconds. I was about thirteen. It was 1989, few months before the Communism fell. My father was taken by the state police on the anniversary of the Soviet occupation - August 21. He was being detained and awaited trial for treason, subversion of the republic, and god knows what else. Expected sentence - 10 years. It was the first time in my life that I knew what was going on. Each time prior to that my mom would tell me dad is away on a business trip or at visiting his family when he was detained. Now I was included, I felt I needed to be as adult as possible, but had no clue what I could do. It was more serious, too. The first two weeks we didn't even know where he was. We only learned when my mom threatened to take the kids, friends and their kids and go into the streets to protest that they called to let her know where they took him to. Which was funny in and of itself - our house was bugged, we knew it. So we knew they listened. If we wanted them to do something, it was enough to say so at home, no need to call anyone.
Anyway, so I dozed off on a bus, and I dreamt that my parents were in a room with an interrogator. He kept asking them the stupidest things, tediously, ceaselessly. They both just sat there quietly and sadly, not speaking a word. I was under the window, and could not move or speak. I could only watch. My parent's arms started to grow and they grew and grew,until they filled the whole room, twisting and winding all around. Interrogator kept talking, they kept sitting and I stood their watching, not being able to do a thing. I knew they are going to suffocate and that I cannot help. And they couldn't help themselves either.
Doesn't sound like much, but that was themost powerful dream I ever had. Oh well, got to get out now, out into the real world.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Tue 28 Dec, 2004 09:36 am
Fun thread!

Do you ever wake up from dreams and have real intense irrational emotions?

I remember dreaming once that my wife cheated on me... and in a really bad way. She flaunted it in my face and didn't try hiding what she was doing but did it right in front of me.

I woke up and was so mad at her the rest of the day I didn't even want to talk to her. She kept asking me what was wrong and I just had these really angry feelings towards her. I didn't want to be mad... I knew it was just a dream, but I couldn't help myself.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 28 Dec, 2004 10:19 am
dagmaraka wrote:
Hmm, I like Manhattans. Maybe I'll change it accordingly.

Now, thanks to this thread I am starting to recollect significant dreams in my life. The one that stood out most I dreamt in a trolley bus, when I dozed off for a few seconds. I was about thirteen. It was 1989, few months before the Communism fell. My father was taken by the state police on the anniversary of the Soviet occupation - August 21. He was being detained and awaited trial for treason, subversion of the republic, and god knows what else. Expected sentence - 10 years. It was the first time in my life that I knew what was going on. Each time prior to that my mom would tell me dad is away on a business trip or at visiting his family when he was detained. Now I was included, I felt I needed to be as adult as possible, but had no clue what I could do. It was more serious, too. The first two weeks we didn't even know where he was. We only learned when my mom threatened to take the kids, friends and their kids and go into the streets to protest that they called to let her know where they took him to. Which was funny in and of itself - our house was bugged, we knew it. So we knew they listened. If we wanted them to do something, it was enough to say so at home, no need to call anyone.
Anyway, so I dozed off on a bus, and I dreamt that my parents were in a room with an interrogator. He kept asking them the stupidest things, tediously, ceaselessly. They both just sat there quietly and sadly, not speaking a word. I was under the window, and could not move or speak. I could only watch. My parent's arms started to grow and they grew and grew,until they filled the whole room, twisting and winding all around. Interrogator kept talking, they kept sitting and I stood their watching, not being able to do a thing. I knew they are going to suffocate and that I cannot help. And they couldn't help themselves either.
Doesn't sound like much, but that was themost powerful dream I ever had. Oh well, got to get out now, out into the real world.

Oh Daggles!

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Hug)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Awful events - awful nightmare.
0 Replies

Portal Star

Reply Tue 28 Dec, 2004 11:45 am
Re: I hear the secrets that you keep ...
jespah wrote:
... when you're talking in your sleep.

Okay, so a few weeks ago, I'm lying in bed, already sleeping, when RP comes in (he'd been on A2K) and you know how someone futzing around tends to wake you up even though they aren't really trying.

I said something to him, which at the time I must have thought was completely sane and logical, though I can't recall what it was. But, according to RP, what I really said was

She bangs unisex downloads

Anyway, do you talk in your sleep, or during the process of waking? Does your partner or roommate? And, what's been said?

Reveal all!

I don't, but my boyfriend does! He's an insomniac and his sleep is very restless. He will get up and walk around, kick,scream, and sometimes even sleep with his eyes open.

The other day he said he wanted us to have less sex. So I said, okay! (And I was thinking, that's weird. We don't do it that much and that's such a typically female thing to say.) But I honored his wishes and didn't do anything sexual for about a week and a half. Then, He asked about it, cautiosly - and I said that that's what he wanted - and he was shocked. He said he had been wondering what was wrong. So, apparently he was conversing in his sleep when I thought he was awake.

Plus, you can tell when he falls asleep, because we'll be having a conversation and it will have in instant coherency transfer. Such as: "Yes, the government does need to scale down it's development in west india with the rats save the evil bat nose!"
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 4 Jan, 2005 05:30 pm
Dreamt last night that I was looking out a window, and snow fell (I think it was off a tall tree branch or a roof on a neighboring home that was higher in elevation than the window). And, the snow fell on my face, and I felt the sensation of slight bits of ice/snow on my face. :-D

Then again, in that same dream, I was dating Topher Grace. Shocked
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 4 Jan, 2005 06:44 pm
I just recalled that I have a recurring dream of being on the beach when a huge - tsunami, I guess - wave comes in - and I am trying to escape it - but get caught. I am generally reasonably relaxed about it - figuring as I give up running thta I will come up sometime - but concerned that I will lose my glasses. So, I face the wave with one hand firmly clasping my glasses, and another just as firmly holding my nose, cos I hate water up my nose.

The wave is not like the actual tsunami wave - it is much bigger - and extremely beautiful. Kinda like the wave in that famous Japanese print.

WHO is Topher Grace???
0 Replies

Sanctuary

Reply Tue 4 Jan, 2005 06:49 pm
dlowan wrote:

WHO is Topher Grace???

That man with, IMO, the coolest name in today's world.

Mr. Grace:

http://images.zap2it.com/20030902/tophergrace_that70sshow_240.jpg

A.K.A, Eric from 'That 70's Show'.

He's a very decent and mature man, especially for his age (again, IMO).
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Tue 4 Jan, 2005 07:43 pm
I've had dreams of my husband having sex with another woman and have woke up madder than hell...lol
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Tue 4 Jan, 2005 07:55 pm
That's too funny.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 5 Jan, 2005 08:17 am
jpinMilwaukee wrote:
Fun thread!

Do you ever wake up from dreams and have real intense irrational emotions?

I remember dreaming once that my wife cheated on me... and in a really bad way. She flaunted it in my face and didn't try hiding what she was doing but did it right in front of me.

I woke up and was so mad at her the rest of the day I didn't even want to talk to her. She kept asking me what was wrong and I just had these really angry feelings towards her. I didn't want to be mad... I knew it was just a dream, but I couldn't help myself.

I had that same sort of dream about a week ago. I woke up really hurt and sad. I couldn't even fall back asleep. Sad
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 5 Jan, 2005 08:19 am
My husband talks in his sleep and it's perfectly coherent but has no meaning contextually.
0 Replies