Parents in Separation... the beginning of divorce?

Reply Fri 24 Dec, 2004 12:02 pm
Hello there,

I was just looking for information on what I should do and if there is anything I can do to save the marriage of my parents. For about 9 months, they have been separated, sleeping in different beds, and going to places (mainly my mother) which she'll get angry if i ask where she goes. I'm just scared that it'll get worse and worse in the end which it will. My mother has a depression problem and also she doesn't like to be confronted with problems and would rather run away which she does often. I'm 20 years old, and I have no idea on what I should do. To my understanding, my mother thinks that I don't know her secrets, but they're quite clear to my eyes. My father is a true Christian, whereas my mother says she is but doesn't attend church or act like one. I am also a Christian. Can anyone suggest any help?

Thanks
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 785 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 24 Dec, 2004 01:01 pm
amph1bus--

Welcome to A2K.

Obviously the discord between your parents troubles you. All the same, it is not your business. You would resent interference with your love live and romantic interests and you owe your parents the same hands-off approach.

Good luck.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 24 Dec, 2004 02:28 pm
amph1bius--

Hi sweetheart. I'm sorry about what's going on in the periphery of your life. It is awful. But, Noddy is correct. You aren't a primary player in this drama--even though it does affect you.

The best thing for you to do (IMO) is not talk about, or pay attention to the inner circle between your parents. You're probably right about your mom, but then what? Its not your job to judge her morality, tell on her, or confront her.

I'd do my best to remain close to both parents. If she ever asks you your opinion--that would be your opportunity to clear the air with her--but, she's an adult. Right or wrong.

Good luck, though, dear. Its hard to see your parents go through such stuff. Move forward with your own life! <Wishing you well>
0 Replies