Autobiographical Essay without first person use?

Bently

Tue 26 Sep, 2017 10:54 am
Hello, I'm taking composition 1 but it's online. I just got an assignment to write an autobiographical essay without using first person here is the exact text. These are the guidelines, any help is appreciated.

-no 1stperson ("I")Write as if you’re discussing someone else; not yourself.

-Limit 3rd person usage ("he, she")For example: writing, "This father of two.." or "This Grammy Award winner..." instead of "He has two children" or "She won a Grammy in 2002," consolidates and strengthens the biographical style.

-Introduce subject (yourself) with first and last name then continue with last name only; careful of repetition. (See third person examples above to eliminate last name repetition)

.-edit to include items that would entertain, interest, or enlighten the reader-Create a solid essay keeping in mind that the appropriate length for an essay is 3-5 paragraphs; introduction, body, and conclusion.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 2,012 • Replies: 7
Topic Closed
No top replies

PUNKEY

Tue 26 Sep, 2017 01:18 pm
@Bently,
I don't understand what you don't understand. The directions seem pretty clear to me.
Bently

Tue 26 Sep, 2017 01:44 pm
@PUNKEY,
I don't understand exactly how to write an autobiographical essay about me but not using the first person pronouns. Is it asking me to write a biography of myself? and with limited 3rd person pronoun? how is this possible without repition?
MontereyJack

Tue 26 Sep, 2017 02:09 pm
@Bently,
"Bently" is not only the name of a renowned British luxury car with a proud racing heritage and the name of the dog in the movie "You've got Mail", it is now also the screen name of a newbie poster to a2k, who expects to spend many mirthful, informative, educational hours with that online forum, exchanging witty quips and trenchant observations with the other esteemed members of the service...... (okay, I've got you going. Carry on)
PUNKEY

Tue 26 Sep, 2017 03:00 pm
Bently has no imagination. Stifled by a life of playing computer games, this twenty-something college student must now ask others how to do a simple class assignment. Here's how she got like this:

(Fill in)
Bently

Tue 26 Sep, 2017 03:50 pm
@MontereyJack,
love it thanks
0 Replies

Bently

Tue 26 Sep, 2017 03:52 pm
@PUNKEY,
lol I think I understand now thanks
0 Replies

tibbleinparadise

Tue 26 Sep, 2017 06:59 pm
@MontereyJack,
That was beautiful. And you too, Jespah! Can you do me next??
0 Replies