Do I have to break up?

Reply Mon 25 Sep, 2017 12:52 pm
I am in a committed relationship. We both love each other a lot. I am more of a conservative type. He is of free spirit. He does casual flirting and in the past he used to have intimate talk with a friend on phone. I knew about her. That was long back when I was not in his life. Recently she contacted him and they both had some professional discussions. I know it was mainly professional. But during the discussion (I saw this in their chat) out of blue when he asked her what is she doing. She replied i am bathing. He asked her are you naked in bathroom right now? She said yes. He asked her do you remember me?. She said yes. Then he asked her i want the proof otherwise i don't believe. That's it. He then said her sorry it was a joke. Even she was very casual about it because they had history. But i am very deeply hurt with this. I couldn't digest it. He says it was friendly banter. There is no emotional attachment or feelings involved there. He accepted it was a mistake to talk like that but he had no sexual intentions. The talk was out of blue, a joke and friendly teasing. I don't know what to do. I know he doesn't cheat me and loves me. But the conversation hurt me deeply and i asked for break up. He pleaded me there is nothing between her and me. Since he talked to her after many days and during the whole discussion he was only trying to tease her. Please help me. I love this person. I need advice what to do now.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 757 • Replies: 3
No top replies

PUNKEY

Reply Mon 25 Sep, 2017 01:40 pm
@Mickeyginger,
If something's going to happen then it will happen shortly, since the tease is very current. Then you will know.

I'm betting nothing will happen because she did not make a big deal out of the conversation. She probably knows he's a big flirt , too.

It must be exhausting for you to have to check up on him all the time!
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Mon 25 Sep, 2017 01:42 pm
@Mickeyginger,
Do you have to break up? That is a silly question. Of course you do not HAVE to break up. There is no law or rule that says you must break up when your partner does x, y or z. The question you really mean to ask is should you break up.

And honestly, this whole things seems like a really silly reason to break up with someone. So he flirted with someone that he had a bit of history with? Big deal. Apparently neither of them took it seriously. Had she sent him a picture then maybe, but they both seemed to take it as he says it was intended. He seems to have accepted that he made a mistake and that he offended you, so why the drastic response of asking to break up?

Good golly, if you are going to break it off over something like this, then you might as well become a nun because no one is going to live up to the standard that you seem to be requiring.
0 Replies

yying0303

Reply Wed 27 Sep, 2017 09:20 pm
@Mickeyginger,
If I were you, I will talk with the woman and will not let my bf know.
Bc this is the happiness between I and my bf... No her...
0 Replies