The owner was charged 5 dollars for the opening fee after 2 o'clock in the morning...

Reply Sun 24 Sep, 2017 08:52 pm
Have you ever encountered such a situation? In the middle of the night to return home, the result was the security guard of the community charged high prices for opening. Although the security is really hard, but 5 dollars is a bit expensive... What do you think?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 4 • Views: 792 • Replies: 11
No top replies

centrox

Reply Mon 25 Sep, 2017 02:21 am
@yying0303,
It's crazy if you have to pay to return to your own home. Did you get a receipt?
izzythepush

Reply Mon 25 Sep, 2017 02:55 am
@centrox,
Gated communities have weird rules. You have the well off living in mini fortresses protected from the proletariat. Not exactly a recipe for a successful society.
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Mon 25 Sep, 2017 01:46 pm
@yying0303,
If you are living in a gated community with a security guard, then something tells me you can afford the $5 to get back in. Maybe the fee is to discourage you from driving through the neighborhood at a late hour and disturbing all your neighbors when your lights hit their houses as you make turns. You know, that can be just oh so bothersome.
Linkat

Reply Mon 25 Sep, 2017 02:57 pm
@yying0303,
I was thinking that this is cheap -- I guess I was assuming that the security guard had to be called in to open up for you.

Like someone else said here - if you live in a gated community I cannot imagine that 5 dollars is that much for you - also don't you know the rules? If not then shame on you for not reading them - and seeing they seem to have some fines - you better go back and read them all thoroughly or else you might be paying for having some other infraction.
0 Replies

yying0303

Reply Mon 25 Sep, 2017 07:29 pm
@centrox,
The owner is not me. This was just a event about my friend... I guess there was no the receipt ...
yying0303

Reply Mon 25 Sep, 2017 07:54 pm
@CoastalRat,
Yes, maybe you are right... The security of my home is worth the price...
roger

Reply Mon 25 Sep, 2017 08:06 pm
@yying0303,
I'm not so sure. You pay someone for security and then have to pay them to do their jobs.
0 Replies

centrox

Reply Tue 26 Sep, 2017 02:25 am
I was wondering if the guard kept the money.
roger

Reply Tue 26 Sep, 2017 02:27 am
@centrox,
Guy didn't get a receipt so we'll never know.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Tue 26 Sep, 2017 06:42 am
@yying0303,
yying0303 wrote:

Have you ever encountered such a situation? In the middle of the night to return home, the result was the security guard of the community charged high prices for opening. Although the security is really hard, but 5 dollars is a bit expensive... What do you think?

What dog awful thirteenth world country are you living in? And how did you miss that the security guard was asking for an obviously illegal bribe?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 26 Sep, 2017 09:30 am
@yying0303,
If you/whoever were going to a party / event, there's a decent chance that $5 was the correct admission price.
0 Replies