I don't know what to do. I just know I love her.

Reply Sat 23 Sep, 2017 09:33 am
-I was with a girl for 2 1/2 years.

-Last year I made a big move to anther country for a job opportunity. I went without including her in the decision and just sort of told her I was going. I broke her heart.

-In that year I've focused more on myself and my career. I have a stable job and feel more confident and happy about my career future than I have in a while. But the problem is Im still stuck on her. Ive made new friends here and go out on a frequent basis and meet new girls. Even had a girl I was dating off-and-on for 3 months, but it never got serious. The new girl reminded me a lot of the girls I dated when I was younger- hott, but somewhat controlling and manipulative. I can't find anyone who can replace that other girl.

-We saw each other this summer. It was intense and emotional. I can tell she still loves me and I am still crazy about her. The thing is I don't want to hurt her. I would never ask her to uproot her life and move to a foreign country for me, but I also wouldnt rush and propose to her so we can stay together (that feels forced). I am sick that I might be losing her for good this time.

About me: Im kind of a late bloomer in life. I dont ever really show my emotions or talk about them. I dont ever "put myself out there." Part of the reason we work so well is because she's so openhearted I feel safe around her. I moved around a lot as a kid (at least every 4 years) and have always learned to make friends and then never see them again. I dont know if that messed up my attachment skills. I have a decent relationship with both of my parents. My dad is stern but kind. I didn't have any major trauma as a kid.

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 408 • Replies: 3
No top replies

jespah

Reply Sat 23 Sep, 2017 10:18 am
@Michael06,
You will need to tell her something.

It doesn't have to be a grand gesture. Just - I have tried to meet other people, but they don't compare to you.

Oh and you can have a long engagement if you propose. You can get engaged and not uproot her for even a few years, if that works out best all around.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 23 Sep, 2017 10:23 am
@Michael06,
Michael06 wrote:
without including her in the decision and just sort of told her I was going.

I would never ask her to uproot her life and move to a foreign country for me, but I also wouldnt rush and propose to her so we can stay together (that feels forced).

I am sick that I might be losing her for good this time.

if you keep making decisions/assumptions without talking to her , you will definitely lose her

talk to her about your feelings
ask her about her feelings
ask her about her plans for the future
talk to her about your hopes for the future

talk to her

You really need to find a way to include her in what you are thinking about/planning.

There's no good relationship if people can't communicate. That means talking to each other honestly.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Sat 23 Sep, 2017 10:36 am
@Michael06,
How do you know she LOVES you?

It would seem that, unless she or you have a very, very good job/career in the works, you two would move heaven and earth to be together. So that would mean one of you must change/adapt.

I wonder if you are reading this relationship right. She's not angry or hurt that you bolted out without a discussion about the future?

0 Replies