More and more democrats are co-sponsoring (Single-Payer Medicare-for-all)

Baldimo

Reply Fri 15 Sep, 2017 09:34 am
@Blickers,
I'm leaving on a trip for the weekend so I only have time to address this part.

Quote:
Hah!! You're trying to say Canadians live longer than Americans because Americans have a greater percentage of nonwhites, but you don't want to be called racist. Well, we can brush all that aside. Canada does have a higher percentage of white people than the USA, so I will compare the life expectancy of American whites, (79.12) compared to the life expectancy of Canadians, (82.18). Canadians have a very high percentage of whites, (88%), so it gives a good comparison. And even though some nonwhites, (who tend to live shorter lives than whites) are mixed in with the white Canadians, they still live 3 years longer than white Americans. So your "genetics" dodge is out the window.

Where in the **** did you get race from my genetics comment? You can really tell who the racists are but what they pick out of a conversation.

Did you stop to think for one thick headed minute that genetics was used in a non-race related way. My family by GENETICS is predisposed to diabetes on one side of the family and certain types of cancers on the other side of the family. Someone eles's family might be predisposed to breast cancer, like my mom's side of the family but not in my dad's side of the family. By god, you ******* assholes and looking at everything through racists ******* colored glasses. Get a grip for fucks sake.

Since you haven't been paying attention, let me explain it again to your simple ass, I was married to a black woman for 20 years and I have mixed race sons, this racists gotcha **** has got to stop.
maporsche

Reply Fri 15 Sep, 2017 10:55 am
@Baldimo,
If you're going out of town, you won't see this.

But if you're talking about health related genetic information, why do you think the USA is far different than Canada?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 15 Sep, 2017 11:33 am
@Blickers,
Blickers wrote:
Canadians have a very high percentage of whites, (88%),

closeish

http://www12.statcan.gc.ca/nhs-enm/2011/as-sa/99-010-x/99-010-x2011001-eng.cfm#a4

the mix is fairly different though
0 Replies

Blickers

Reply Fri 15 Sep, 2017 12:04 pm
@Baldimo,
Quote Baldimo:
Quote:
Where in the **** did you get race from my genetics comment? You can really tell who the racists are but what they pick out of a conversation.

Ha Ha Ha.

I'll let the board decide what your "genetics" comment meant. 100% of the whites in America average 79 years life expectancy, and Canadians, (81% white mixed in with shorter life expectancy nonwhites) nevertheless average 3 years longer. Historically, whites come from Europe, (although many anthropologists used to classify Asian Indians as Caucasian, in the popular usage they rarely were regarded as such). If American whites and Canadian whites all trace back recently to Europe, how are they going to have different genetics? No doubt, Canadian whites average even older than 82 years life expectancy, but I couldn't find the exact figures.
Baldimo

Reply Mon 18 Sep, 2017 03:09 pm
@Blickers,
Quote:
Ha Ha Ha.

I'll let the board decide what your "genetics" comment meant. 100% of the whites in America average 79 years life expectancy, and Canadians, (81% white mixed in with shorter life expectancy nonwhites) nevertheless average 3 years longer. Historically, whites come from Europe, (although many anthropologists used to classify Asian Indians as Caucasian, in the popular usage they rarely were regarded as such). If American whites and Canadian whites all trace back recently to Europe, how are they going to have different genetics? No doubt, Canadian whites average even older than 82 years life expectancy, but I couldn't find the exact figures.

You can laugh all you want, but people like you are race obsessed to the extreme and make everything into a race debate.

Where our ancestors come from is one thing, who your family is is another and personal choices are another. They all play their parts in our health but in today's society personal decisions make a big impact on how long we live. If your family has a high rate of diabetes and you consume large amounts of sugar, you are going to lead yourself to an early grave. We have a much larger obesity rate I think in the US than they do in Canada and there is even a difference in obesity rates in the US by state and region. Fat people are everywhere in the US, they are in every economic class and people don't really to give a **** how they treat their bodies. Go sit inside a McDonalds and what what some of these people eat, don't give me it's cheaper, that true if you eat off the value menu and combo meals aren't that cheap any more.
I can eat hotdogs with mac a cheese for cheaper than I can with the average fast food meal and I know this because divorce teaches you what can and can't live on. A lot of modern day health is in how you take care of yourself. Do you smoke, do you over eat, do you get some form of exercise on a regular basis... I looked up life rates in the US and I live in one of the healthiest states in the US with one of the longest life expectancy rates in the US. The redneck's/hillbilly states have it the worst and it all comes down to how you treat yourself and what you do. I would guess that there are more people with Type 2 diabetes than there are with Type 1, and that's sad if you know the difference between the 2.
Blickers

Reply Mon 18 Sep, 2017 11:23 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo: I'm not race-obsessed at all. "Genetics" is of course a scientific study, but white supremacist make all kinds of claims for genetics affecting one thing or another in support of their white supremacist notions. I'm not saying you are a white supremacist, but you are using "genetics" euphemistically as they do here. I'm perfectly willing to deal with the fact that in the US blacks have shorter lifespans, I'm just laughing at you trying to dance around saying blacks and using the euphemism "genetics". The large majority of people in both the US and Canada are white, that is, of recent European origin. Yet Canadians, with 81% of their country being white, and 19% being the shorter-lived nonwhites, outlive the white people in the USA by three years. And the white people in the USA come from the same European countries most Canadians come from. So we can rule out the three year difference in life expectancy as being from "genetics".

As far as overweight goes, the US is the 22nd most overweight country out of 167 countries ranked, Canada is 26th. Not much difference there, certainly nowhere near enough to explain a three year life expectancy advantage for the Canadians.

Fact is, the US is the shortest lived advanced nation on Earth. All the advanced countries with national health care programs live longer than us. We've fallen back to the life expectancy of Eastern Europeans who are still recovering from their Russian political and economic captivity. And we are the only advanced nation that never developed a universal health care system. That relationship is impossible to gloss over, but I'm sure you will try.
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Tue 19 Sep, 2017 07:01 pm
http://www.pnhp.org/facts/what-is-single-payer

What is Single Payer?
Quote:
Single-payer national health insurance, also known as “Medicare for all,” is a system in which a single public or quasi-public agency organizes health care financing, but the delivery of care remains largely in private hands. Under a single-payer system, all residents of the U.S. would be covered for all medically necessary services, including doctor, hospital, preventive, long-term care, mental health, reproductive health care, dental, vision, prescription drug and medical supply costs.

The program would be funded by the savings obtained from replacing today’s inefficient, profit-oriented, multiple insurance payers with a single streamlined, nonprofit, public payer, and by modest new taxes based on ability to pay. Premiums would disappear; 95 percent of all households would save money. Patients would no longer face financial barriers to care such as co-pays and deductibles, and would regain free choice of doctor and hospital. Doctors would regain autonomy over patient care.

The Expanded and Improved Medicare for All Act, H.R. 676, based on PNHP’s AJPH-published Physicians’ Proposal, would establish an American single-payer health insurance system.

0 Replies