TV Blockbusters that You Never Watched

Lash

Reply Sun 26 Dec, 2004 07:02 pm
I would have PAID to watch Liza and that weird wax husband of hers try to act human.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sun 26 Dec, 2004 11:05 pm
Acting human, I'm afraid, took just too much rehearsal.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 26 Dec, 2004 11:19 pm
<snicker>

Could you believe he sued her for beating him up? He said she emotionally distressed him, because she was such a meany.

<chortle>
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sun 26 Dec, 2004 11:21 pm
I'll bet she wished she'd had his ass kicked for real.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 26 Dec, 2004 11:30 pm
LMAO!!!

What a couple of freak shows.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2004 09:18 pm
Isn't this the sweetest shot ever...

http://www.readingpictures.com/cybermonsters/liza_minelli_wedding.jpg
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 28 Dec, 2004 12:57 am
I'm wondering: Is there one, original & untampered-with face in that group? What a gathering!
0 Replies

pink thespian13

Reply Thu 30 Dec, 2004 04:06 pm
Friends... it seems overrated and vulgar.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Mon 7 Feb, 2005 12:51 pm
Hi, Phoenix -- I usually don't watch comedies either. The last time I sat down to an evening of mainstream tv comedy was the day The Cosby Show, the first one featuring Felicia Rashid, premiered. There were several others that day, including one with then-already-down-in-the-gutter-former-60s-heart-throb Elliot Gould. The only show that was bearable was Cosby's. However, I watched only a part of that first episode and a part of another years later.

Growing up, my mother was so afraid of my going to college and becoming a professional writer -- and, therefore, an old maid -- that when the Mary Tyler Moore Show debuted, she spent that Saturday talking about how horrible she knew it would be and chanted ugh and oh through the ten minutes we watched. She finally shut it off, saying, "Terrible! Just as I predicted." She was always predicting.

Later, I never owned a tv. I never owned a stereo either and a stereo was higher on my list of wants than a television. I just barely earned enough to pay my rent and buy food. Sigh! Most of my friends did not own television sets. That means that I missed M.A.S.H.
0 Replies

wrappedcherry

Reply Thu 17 Feb, 2005 11:40 pm
tv
sometimes the days of the week tells me what to watch on tv, liek for instance, if its friday i like watching british comedies such as "keeping up appearances" or "are you being served" and " as time goes by"......sets the mood for my weekend which mostly turns out quiet well, makes my week end well.

then everyday i gotta watch i love lucy, the simpsons, family guy, and all in the family....of course at different time slots....yes i do have a lot of time in my hand......

some shows i watch most f the time r the CSI series, The Office, Law and Order, and old sitcoms on TV Land
0 Replies

duce

Reply Fri 18 Feb, 2005 01:39 pm
The only show I will TAPE is The Shield (Fox). I'm addicted to it. Very Happy

One I never even saw till syndication and still can live without was Senfield.
0 Replies

beverly521

Reply Sat 19 Feb, 2005 08:34 am
TV Series Friends
I never watched the tv series Friends, I guess because it appeared to be about a group of yuppie 30 year olds, who I have nothing in common with. I have started watching the series Joey, which is a spinoff and I love it
0 Replies

duce

Reply Tue 22 Feb, 2005 03:35 pm
Lost it w/friends after the monkey left. That's the one show that had the non-pretty cast (except COX). The actors made it on their "ability" Them and Seinfield.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Tue 22 Feb, 2005 03:39 pm
Beverly, just out of curiosity, how is "Joey" different from "Friends"?
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 22 Feb, 2005 03:40 pm
Lost. Never saw it and everyone says I MUST see this show. Also, 24. 24 sounds intriguing but...for some reason I don't get around to watching it...
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 22 Feb, 2005 03:40 pm
duce wrote:
The only show I will TAPE is The Shield (Fox). I'm addicted to it. Very Happy

One I never even saw till syndication and still can live without was Senfield.

A friend of mine plays "Ronnie" on The Shield. Haven't watched it lately, so I don't know if his character made it to this season. He never seems to talk, and usually wears a flannel shirt.
0 Replies

duce

Reply Tue 22 Feb, 2005 04:05 pm
Tico:

Yeah, He's Cute!! He's One of the "good guys" KINDA. Adding Glenn Close should really make it interesting. I think they are good for a couple of more if the WRITERS will hang, they got the cast.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Tue 22 Feb, 2005 04:10 pm
TV blockbusters I never watched? They are legion. If I started to list them all, this thread would run another dozen pages with just my rantings. I hardly ever watch TV any more. Don't have cable. The most recent thing I actually watched on a daily basis was the Democratic National Convention coverage. I was in Hawaii. The convention was being held in my hometown of Boston. That gave me incentive. That, plus the fact I had cable in Hawaii and could watch it on CNN. People at work talk about what they saw on the tube the night before. I go and pour myself another cup of coffee.
0 Replies

duce

Reply Tue 22 Feb, 2005 04:13 pm
I missed the Oj Trial too. (PLUS I am the only human alive not to have seen ET)
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Fri 25 Feb, 2005 03:12 pm
I love Britcoms as well. Watched Keeping up Appearances until I memorized the shows: there is something about them that allows you to watch the shows repeatedly. Really enjoyed As Time Goes By and was so happy when, during a fundraiser, the woman who played Judy and the man who played Alistair were present to give insights into the show and answer viewer questions. Loved Monarch of the Glen and am sad that Archie and Lexie have gone off on their honeymoon, leaving us with only memories of Glenbogle.
0 Replies