TV Blockbusters that You Never Watched

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 06:26 am
On another thread, a member wrote, "I Miss Frazier".

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=35545

Well, I DON'T miss Frazier. The reason for that is that I have never watched it. Come to think of it, I seldom watch comedies. I think that the last comedy that I watched consistenly in prime time was, "I Love Lucy". Over the years, there are many blockbuster shows, that I never ever saw............... even once.

My taste in network TV series runs to doctor and lawyer shows, and news programs. Seinfeld is an anomaly with me. I never watched it when it was on prime time, but caught it on reruns. I am glad that I did, 'cause it is a hoot.

What is YOUR taste in prime time TV? Are there any long running, blockbuster series, that you have avoided? Which ones? Why?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 4,936 • Replies: 60
No top replies

bigdice67

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 06:55 am
Sex and the City.
Cold Case.

But I get very grumpy if I can't see C.S.I.:Las Vegas
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 06:58 am
I watched Sex and the City a couple of times. It got old very fast, 'cause it seemed to be a one joke show. Also, I had been quite taken with Chris Noth on Law & Order. I did not like the part he played in Sex and the City.

Cold Case is a show that kind of grew on me. It is rather formulaic, but I often find it interesting.

I used to love CSI- Las Vegas, but I think that the excitement is wearing off on me. CSI Miami- Fuggedaboudit!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 07:03 am
Actually, Phoenix, there's very little on television that I would make a special effort to watch. The one exception last year was Angels In America. The weekly serials I can take or leave, really.
0 Replies

smorgs

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 07:10 am
I don't watch any of the soaps in England, which omits me from loads of conversations in work. Whilst visiting Canada (Vancouver) someone said I had a 'Coronation Street' accent! I was horrified......always thought I was quite posh. Do you guys know what Coronation Street is? :wink:
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 07:14 am
Yes, my idea of a British "soap". Many Americans can't distinguish between the accents of the UK classes...just as many Britons can't distinguish between a New Hampshire and a Georgia accent.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 07:16 am
panzade- I probably miss the shadings, but I certainly know a Cockney accent from the Queen's English.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 07:21 am
Sarah, I have no idea what a coronation street accent is.

Phoenix, I watch Monk every chance that I get, and SVU. Used to watch King of the Hill and Home Improvement but that's about it.

Anyone here ever watch The Librarian? A mixture of all the fantasies rolled into one. I think it was a great spoof.

Got a marvelous early Christmas gift from my son-- A video and DVD player combined, so I'll be watching a lot of movies, I suppose.
0 Replies

smorgs

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 07:22 am
The difference between Northern and Southern accents (in GB) is quite marked. We have a whole different vocabluary here in the North! e.g. Top = good, dead = very, blimey = really, and of course swearing is a whole other area. My five year old neice frequently says Bugger Off, we use it all the time, and don't consider it rude. :wink:
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 07:59 am
Ok, Sarah. I believe that McTag explained that. Thanks.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 08:04 am
Sarah- I think that you will find something similar in the US. People from different parts of the country express ideas in different ways. Unnerstand, dontja???? Laughing
0 Replies

bermbits

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 08:12 am
I catch the "news" nightly as well as CSI reruns (and the new episodes). Monk is a regular (when I remember to watch. COPS and World's Wildest Police Videos (or whatever the actual name is) also are on.

Other than those, the TV is always on for background, bit while I am probably missing much, there doesn't seem to be much worth watching.

The only must-see TV for me was Hill Street Blues and St. Elsewhere!
0 Replies

Grand Duke

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 08:20 am
bermbits wrote:
...World's Wildest Police Videos (or whatever the actual name is) also are on.

I'm a massive fan of World's Wildest Police Videos!

Hi. I'm Sheriff John Burnell (Ret'd)...
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 08:22 am
I always loved the medical shows. I go back as far as Dr. Kildare, and Ben Casey. Always watched St. Elsewhere.
0 Replies

Grand Duke

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 08:29 am
I never saw any of Twin Peaks, and everyone was raving about it.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 09:02 am
Grand Duke- Until you mentioned it, I hardly remembered "Twin Peaks". It just passed me by!
0 Replies

George

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 09:14 am
I won't watch any reality show except "The Amazing Race"
(and I'm afraid I'm hooked on that).

I've been told I'm missing a great show in "Lost".
Maybe I'll try to catch it on reruns.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 09:17 am
I watched the very first "Survivor", and was taken up with the idea. After that, all the others seemed to be "same old, same old", and I had no desire to watch them.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 09:43 am
I don't get to watch too much grown up TV but I make it a point to catch 60 Minutes and The Daily Show. Other than that, I miss just about everything. Somtimes I really miss relaxing in front of the TV.

People tell me that my voice sounds just like the mom on Home Improvement and I've always meant to try to see that show just to find out.
0 Replies

smorgs

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 09:53 am
Letty wrote:
Ok, Sarah. I believe that McTag explained that. Thanks.
Well Bugger Off then!
0 Replies