TV Blockbusters that You Never Watched

Letty

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 10:09 am
Very Happy I guess that means the same thing as GTFOH, Sarah.

I loved the theme behind St. Elsewhere, and that's WHERE Denzel Washington got his start.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 10:17 am
I've recently been turned on to "Family Guy" an animated show on FOX and now syndicated on FX I believe. It's quite good.
0 Replies

smorgs

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 10:19 am
Letty, you made me Laughing

Cheers!
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 10:37 am
My taste in TV shows is sitcoms, sitcoms, sitcoms. I hardly ever watch crime or courtroom dramas, or any drama shows, actually. I am proud to say that I never watched one minute of Miami Vice. But...and I hate to admit this...I did have one of those queer white Don Johnson jackets.
0 Replies

smorgs

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 10:40 am
With the sleeves pulled up? Laughing
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 10:49 am
Yup. Heehee, what a goof I was.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 10:55 am
Never watched "Friends," though I peek in from time to time now that it's in reruns on WTBS. But I find some of the characters (the men) insufferable.

I stick to quality shows: Right now "Dog, the Bounty Hunter" has captured my imagination. "Growing Up Gotti" can be compelling, too...
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 10:57 am
I practically never watch network tv.. I watch the cable news channels, history, discovery, and heavy doses of Comedy central and HBO. I do watch Smallville...but that's about it for network...
0 Replies

winterwolf1965

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 05:00 pm
I have satalite with every channel imaginable and all the movie packages available.

And still I am a slave to "Judging Amy", all the CSI's and "Without a Trace".

Jerry Bruckheimer is my hero.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 05:06 pm
ug.
that show with paris hilton...
the road trip or something like that
COMPLETELY avoided that dumb--s show.,
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Tue 21 Dec, 2004 08:50 am
Law and Order
Nip Tuck
The O.C.
Lost
E.R.
JAG
Sopranos

...all law/police/medical/drama series in the past several years EXCEPT for Desperate Housewives and Sex in the City. I've been too busy watching reality shows. Embarrassed
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sat 25 Dec, 2004 11:40 am
no cable or satelite, so i have never seen, sex and the city or the sopranos

i basically never watch commercial tv, i watch public broadcasting from the u.s. or the cbc (public funded canadian national broadcaster) or tv ontario (provincialy and member funded broadcaster)

this means i watch many documentaries, nature shows and lots of brit tv and a few years back the cbc was heavy into some australian shows

my veiwing list:
brit list - coronation street, emmerdale, heartbeat, the roya;, born and bred, monarch of the glen, various mysteries (frost, prime suspect, hetty wainthrope, daziel and pascoe, rosemary and thyme etc), various comedies (last of the summer wine, darling buds of may, waiting for god, reginald perrin, black adder etc)

aussie tv - a country practice, blue healers, the flying doctors, richmond hil, and of course the dreaded neighbours
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 25 Dec, 2004 11:44 am
My current television watching is: Boston Legal, NYPD Blue, Lost and reruns of M*A*S*H*, Sienfeld, Raymond and Alfred Hitchcock Presents.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sat 25 Dec, 2004 01:10 pm
I never watched "Friends" or "Seinfeld", or any of the reality shows (I'm in protest against them). None of the CSI, Law & Order type shows. Too much of that brand of reality (crime, murder, the dregs of humanity) weakens my belief in mankind.

I was watching NYPD Blue until Sipowitz became a 'sex symbol' and that young, pretty blond cop started chasing after him. That was too outrageous to believe and I lost interest after that.

Since I started working from home again, I wanted to find a soap to get into, just for the daily ritual, but they're all just too stupid to waste time on. I can't believe that I used to watch them years ago.

I watch alot of HBO but did not watch "Angels in America" with Al Pacino, Meryl Streep and Jeffery Wright. I saw it onstage and just couldn't get into it.

Happy Holidays to everyone!! Very Happy
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 26 Dec, 2004 05:22 am
Can anyone fill me in on how Carnivale was received in the US? I missed the first episode but what I saw in the 2nd one, tonight, was really quite intriguing. (I don't know if this in in the "blockbuster" category ... I doubt it.)
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sun 26 Dec, 2004 09:42 am
'Carnivale' is one of the very few programs that both my husband and I got into immediately and watched together. It moved too slow for alot of people but that's what iliked about it. There's a A2K thread, started by Lightwizard I think, where we discussed each episode.
0 Replies

ForeverYoung

Reply Sun 26 Dec, 2004 09:52 am
eoe, I can't stand the so-called Reality Shows either.

There was a special about how they ain't so real ... showed re-takes, directing and so on: what a farce!
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Sun 26 Dec, 2004 09:57 am
I worked a lot of late hours all through the Nineties, and as a result completely missed the Seinfeld phenomenon.

I have relatives who regularly quote portions of episodes verbatim, L their AO, and I just get to look at them like they're fools.

I have seen a few of the shows in re-run, and they are funny, and I see why it was successful, but the whole worship and chanting and cult-like adoration some people exhibit gives me the same amusement as does a stroll through the primate habitat at the zoo.

Or sitting in church.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sun 26 Dec, 2004 10:28 am
I remember reading last year that Liza Minelli and that thing she was married to were supposed to have a reality show but it was cancelled because of their desire to rehearse their reality over and over and over. Laughing
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 26 Dec, 2004 05:23 pm
eoe wrote:
'Carnivale' is one of the very few programs that both my husband and I got into immediately and watched together. It moved too slow for alot of people but that's what iliked about it. There's a A2K thread, started by Lightwizard I think, where we discussed each episode.

Thanks, eoe. As you've no doubt gathered it's being shown in Oz now. I'll try & find that thread. It'll be very interesting to read what A2Kers thought of it. A rather brave venture, I thought. Obviously not a crowd pleaser, but well worth producing it, anyway. Someone's labour of love, I imagine.
0 Replies