It Begins....

DrewDad

Reply Sun 19 Dec, 2004 01:00 am
Idaho wrote:
Quote:
everything for his war...nothing for the citizens he was elected to represent.....

You have got to be kidding. Have you looked at the budget? Out HHS budget is throught the roof, about $75 billion more than defense. Then there is Ag, Labor, Education, Transportation, Veterans, HUD, Justice, DOE, NASA, Interior, EPA, State, Commerce, NSA, etc, with budget increases nearly across the board. How is an increase a decrease? Must be that new math - no wonder Johnny's math scores are poor. Dislike the president all you want, but at least be honest.

The NASA "increase" quoted in the article is 1%... a net decrease in real dollars.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Sun 19 Dec, 2004 01:02 am
They say sex sells... but fear sells better.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sun 19 Dec, 2004 06:48 am
no accounting for taste....
0 Replies

Synonymph

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 10:09 am
Ticomaya wrote:

Okay, Joe, just because I said BPB was a little over the top when he said Bush could do anything and get a pass, did not mean I didn't agree with everything Bush has ever said or done in his political career. That's crazy talk!

I'm just saying that, hypothetically speaking, I might not support some position he might take, given the right circumstances, and proper lunar alignment.

This means you believe Bush is handling environmental (including climate change) issues correctly, and doing a good job of working to make the air clean.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 10:39 am
Joe Nation wrote:
Okay, Ticomaya, if he can't do anything without getting a pass, what three things do you find unsupportable about this President's agenda?

Take your time, I don't know if you believe him to be infallible, as he believes himself to be.

Joe (not a follower of the American Pope.) Nation

1) Amnesty for illegal aliens- I don't support this and he is wrong

2) His continued support for the free loaders of this nation in the form of welfare. Those that do the least should get the least. At least corp. gets something done and provides a service.

3) His lack of teeth on the new intelligence reform bill by allowing illegal aliens to have DL as well as not pushing for a form of racial profiling for people who are from the Middle East.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 10:42 am
Baldimo wrote:
Joe Nation wrote:
Okay, Ticomaya, if he can't do anything without getting a pass, what three things do you find unsupportable about this President's agenda?

Take your time, I don't know if you believe him to be infallible, as he believes himself to be.

2) His continued support for the free loaders of this nation in the form of welfare. Those that do the least should get the least. At least corp. gets something done and provides a service.

3) His lack of teeth on the new intelligence reform bill by allowing illegal aliens to have DL as well as not pushing for a form of racial profiling for people who are from the Middle East.

two steps to the right of bush......what a guy!! Laughing
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 11:39 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
Baldimo wrote:
Joe Nation wrote:

two steps to the right of bush......what a guy!! Laughing

Well we were asked and I responded. No one said you had to agree, that is just my opinion. Besides what is wrong with what I said anyways? Immigration does need to be stricter and there is a specific group of people who are trying to attack the US, why not look more closely at people who come from the Middle East. When was the last time an 80-year-old grandma tried to blow up Americans?
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 11:51 am
Yea...what a problem the liberal spenders will have now that their charity will not go up at taxpayer expense.

Regardless of war, it's time to cut domestic spending that is wasteful.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 12:44 pm
Joe Nation wrote:

I find it comical that some of you took Tico's words seriously. Laughing

How about these Joe?

1. Kyoto- Yes it calls for America to do the most. So what? It's work that needs to be done both for the environment and to reduce our dependence on fossil fuels. We should meet our end and more and then look down our noses at those who don't try to keep up with us. The most credible leaders are those who lead.

2. Death Tax- You can't take it with you and some re-distribution really is necessary. Beats the snot out of Life Tax in my book.

3. No Child Left Behind- Bureaucratic BS. Education needs a complete overhaul, and 90% of the "administrators" need to find a new job.
0 Replies

Synonymph

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 12:56 pm
OCCOM BILL wrote:

I find it comical that some of you took Tico's words seriously.

It must be because he's blatantly inadequate at communicating sarcasm.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 12:57 pm
Cinnesthesia wrote:
OCCOM BILL wrote:

I find it comical that some of you took Tico's words seriously.

It must be because he's blatantly inadequate at communicating sarcasm.

ouchie.....
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 01:03 pm
Quote:
You may assume what you wish, and feel free to freely do that about the free pass thing. You could also take dlowan's New Testament references and run with 'em.

Tico (tongue sometimes fully inserted in cheek) Maya

I'll just leave it to you to guess when the tongue is where ...
0 Replies

Synonymph

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 01:10 pm
Ticomaya wrote:
Quote:

"Tico (always leave them begging for more) Maya"
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 01:21 pm
Quote:
3. No Child Left Behind- Bureaucratic BS. Education needs a complete overhaul, and 90% of the "administrators" need to find a new job.

Couldn't agree more, Bill. I think we should really be taking a hard look at the Japanese system of schooling; I've read some very interesting things about how they run stuff over there, and they sure seem to get some results. Obviously, this is America, so it would have to be modified, but we can still use the ideas and such.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 01:23 pm
Our educational system sucks no doubt....we have to constantly keep an eye on our cubs to make sure they're learning anything.... but.... an uneducated uninformed intellectually lazy society is necessary to keep blatant profiteers in power.....so all is going according to plan.....
0 Replies

Synonymph

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 01:28 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
.... an uneducated uninformed intellectually lazy society is necessary to keep blatant profiteers in power.....so all is going according to plan.....

Whose plan is this, Bear? Do you believe the government is deliberately trying to stifle education? Sounds like a conspiracy theory to me.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 01:29 pm
Whose plan? China's?
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 01:32 pm
McGentrix wrote:
Whose plan? China's?

no chinas plan is to buy up our country...and of course people are willing to sell it to them...IBM for instance....a few people getting rich at the expense of many...the current system model....
0 Replies

Synonymph

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 01:33 pm
[I detest the current administration, but they're not even interested enough in education to give it that much priority, even in a negating capacity.]

Or are you referring to Horace Mann, et al?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 02:30 pm
Ticomaya wrote:
Quote:
You may assume what you wish, and feel free to freely do that about the free pass thing. You could also take dlowan's New Testament references and run with 'em.

It's too damn early here to be reading THAT sort of post....
0 Replies