It Begins....

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2004 03:55 pm
everything for his war...nothing for the citizens he was elected to represent.....

http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/12/17/bush.spending.ap/index.html
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,447 • Replies: 40
No top replies

Ticomaya

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2004 04:09 pm
Nothing ... except the peace of mind of knowing the security of this nation is in the hands of someone willing to take necessary action to protect us from terrorists. That's all.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2004 04:24 pm
it is amazing to me that the people who wish to appear the toughest are the ones willing to hand their balls to anyone posing as a strong man because they are so frightened......and I'm not trying to make a personal insult...I'm completely flabbergasted at the way bush can do anything, ANYTHING and get a pass for it as long as he says it's in order to keep us safe.....you know who was safe from a terrorist attack...Iraqis under Saddam Hussein, except they were eventually attacked by our terrorist government.......the Germans under Hitler....Italians under Mussulini...wake up folks for God's sake....
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2004 04:38 pm
I didn't take it as a personal insult (even before the editing Very Happy ), but I do think you are a little over the top when you claim Bush can do "ANYTHING" and get a pass. Just because he says it's to keep us safe doesn't mean I'm going to believe it. But if I agree that it will keep us safe, then I believe it will keep us safe. And by "us," I mean me, my wife, my children, and all my new cyber-friends in New York.

Why is it liberals think they have cornered the market on critical thinking?
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2004 04:48 pm
That's nice. I wonder when he'll get around to closing those loopholes that allow Haliburton and many other multimillion dollar companies to cheat on their taxes? Is that in there? Hmmm...
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2004 04:54 pm
Okay, Ticomaya, if he can't do anything without getting a pass, what three things do you find unsupportable about this President's agenda?

Take your time, I don't know if you believe him to be infallible, as he believes himself to be.

Joe (not a follower of the American Pope.) Nation
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2004 05:06 pm
kicky wrote:
That's nice. I wonder when he'll get around to closing those loopholes that allow Haliburton and many other multimillion dollar companies to cheat on their taxes? Is that in there? Hmmm...

My guess is it will be right after he is elected Senator.

[quote="Joe "I'm not really a liberal" Nation"]Okay, Ticomaya, if he can't do anything without getting a pass, what three things do you find unsupportable about this President's agenda? [/quote]
Okay, Joe, just because I said BPB was a little over the top when he said Bush could do anything and get a pass, did not mean I didn't agree with everything Bush has ever said or done in his political career. That's crazy talk!

I'm just saying that, hypothetically speaking, I might not support some position he might take, given the right circumstances, and proper lunar alignment.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2004 05:12 pm
Come on, you can do it, so far they haven't instituted the KGB, what three things in Bush's agenda fail to get your backing or is he as perfect as Fox News tells us he is?

Joe( last of the Liberals will be my epitaph) Nation
0 Replies

Joe Republican

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2004 05:17 pm
Ticomaya wrote:

I'm just saying that, hypothetically speaking, I might not support some position he might take, given the right circumstances, and proper lunar alignment.

So are we to assume BPB's post about the free pass is true? You're skating around Joe's question, and it speaks for itself.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2004 05:26 pm
Ticomaya wrote:
kicky wrote:

My guess is it will be right after he is elected Senator.

Funny!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2004 06:00 pm
But it isn't all that funny, really.

I find it absolutely weird that Bush can get apparently unalloyed support from someone like Tico.

Like WHEN in a normal democracy (or any other damn thing) does a leader get support from normally bright folk on EVERYTHING? I think it is a symptom of same damn weirdness.

At least Tico allows in the possibility that jesus might slip on the water or stop providing the loaves and fishes of "security" at some time....I wonder if some of the righties here would even allow for THAT?

Is it something to do with how oddly frantic American politics has become in its divisions? You know, you cling to your demi-god in reaction to how the others see it as a demi-devil?

Really Tico - you ARE kidding when you say Bush has never done ANYTHING you disagree with?
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2004 07:26 pm
Joe Republican wrote:
Ticomaya wrote:

So are we to assume BPB's post about the free pass is true? You're skating around Joe's question, and it speaks for itself.

You may assume what you wish, and feel free to freely do that about the free pass thing. You could also take dlowan's New Testament references and run with 'em.

Tico (tongue sometimes fully inserted in cheek) Maya
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2004 08:31 pm
Ticomaya wrote:

Why is it liberals think they have cornered the market on critical thinking?

There's obviously something wrong with their "critical thinking" or they'd have won the election.

Basically, if all the republicans ever did was represent the interests of the rich, the country would still be getting its money's worth, that's what republicans are SUPPOSED to do. The fact that they (republicans) are presently having to pull duble duty and represent the common man as well indicates some sort of a massive failure and abdication on the part of the dems.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2004 08:37 pm
the problem with critical thinking is that there are more non critical thinkers.....obviously......
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2004 09:26 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
the problem with critical thinking is that there are more non critical thinkers.....obviously......

A real critical thinker would take that into account and find a way to deal with it, wouldn't he?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2004 10:14 pm
Ah - a vicious regression - where next, guys? Lol!
0 Replies

revel

Reply Sat 18 Dec, 2004 12:08 am
It's what they wanted all along anyway so why would they object?

Most conservatives one complaint has been Bush's spending on things other than defense and security.

Bush will end up getting the deficit under control, (maybe)but he will have made his promises in terms of education and the no child left behind scam be seen for what it was. A light of mirrors for moderate republicans and security blinded democrats.

He just was talking about a bill for controlling the pollution of the oceans, but in the same breath he talks about not promising any money for it .

I mean what is up with that and why can't people see him for what he is?

Another troublesome thing is this thing about the not approved of yet drug for African mothers aides patients.

Oh, well, he will only be here for just a little while longer. I think we as a nation and the world can hold out until he is gone.
0 Replies

Idaho

Reply Sat 18 Dec, 2004 09:42 am
Quote:
everything for his war...nothing for the citizens he was elected to represent.....

You have got to be kidding. Have you looked at the budget? Out HHS budget is throught the roof, about $75 billion more than defense. Then there is Ag, Labor, Education, Transportation, Veterans, HUD, Justice, DOE, NASA, Interior, EPA, State, Commerce, NSA, etc, with budget increases nearly across the board. How is an increase a decrease? Must be that new math - no wonder Johnny's math scores are poor. Dislike the president all you want, but at least be honest.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 18 Dec, 2004 09:48 am
Idaho wrote:
Quote:

You have got to be kidding. Have you looked at the budget? Out HHS budget is throught the roof, about $75 billion more than defense. Then there is Ag, Labor, Education, Transportation, Veterans, HUD, Justice, DOE, NASA, Interior, EPA, State, Commerce, NSA, etc, with budget increases nearly across the board. How is an increase a decrease? Must be that new math - no wonder Johnny's math scores are poor. Dislike the president all you want, but at least be honest.

I didn't write the article....
0 Replies

Synonymph

Reply Sat 18 Dec, 2004 10:30 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
it is amazing to me that the people who wish to appear the toughest are the ones willing to hand their balls to anyone posing as a strong man because they are so frightened.

Maybe it's because on some level they identify with the person in power, and consciously or subconsciously want to be him.
0 Replies