Is money still an aphrodisiac?

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2004 03:50 am
Do women look for the rich guy or is this a myth?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,933 • Replies: 36
No top replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2004 04:07 am
Most powerful aphrodisiac ever devised, in my experience.
0 Replies

australia

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2004 04:13 am
Really? It hasn't worked for me. My experience is that if you play the rich angle, they think you are shallow.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2004 05:29 am
Play the poor man, then, when you get to know a woman, gently reveal how much money you have and act all embarassed about it. Try that, and see how it works, heh heh.
0 Replies

australia

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2004 05:36 am
I try that, and then they blame you for being mysterious for not talking about yourself. Sometimes you can't win.

Maybe in this day and age, generation xer's don't care about material stuff. They care about body, looks and travelling.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2004 05:55 am
Money still is an aphrodisiac, but not in the same extent that it was in the past. Before feminism, when women were relegated to mostly lower end jobs, the way for her to have a successful future, was to marry a rich man. In those years, a poor but gorgeous girl could catch a wealthy guy. and greatly increase her status in life.

Nowadays, when women are represented in just about all fields of endeavor, it is not important for them to "marry rich".
0 Replies

australia

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2004 05:57 am
I have exactly the same theory as you phoenix.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2004 06:06 am
I have no idea. I never know, or ask, how much money a man has when I am considering going out with him. And I pay my own way - and expect to be, and remain, financially independent.

Anyhoo - I have only, I think, met one really wealthy man - he was nice enough, but I wasn't interested.

Wanky cars and flashy stuff and conspicuous consumption are a mega turnoff for me - though good quality things are fine.

Mebbe it might be nice to meet a fella who had enough money to put in the kitty that I didn't hafta work full time for the rest of my life! But that ain't gonna happen, and a man's money has just never been an issue.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2004 06:09 am
I think you're just dating the wrong women, australia.
0 Replies

australia

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2004 06:10 am
Yep, if a guy is trying to show off his money through cars etc, then it is a real turn off for a lot of girls.

I think in this era, the guys body is more important to girls than money.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2004 06:12 am
australia wrote:
Yep, if a guy is trying to show off his money through cars etc, then it is a real turn off for a lot of girls.

I think in this era, the guys body is more important to girls than money.

I think it's more complicated than that....
0 Replies

australia

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2004 06:15 am
Please enlighten me. I don't know what I am talking about.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2004 07:31 am
Well, for starters, personality is important. I think that probably trumps body and money. As a married man with neither, I am speaking only from my own experience.

The art of seduction depends on listening, really, and responding in a loving and interested way. For some guys, that can be difficult, but when you meet the right woman, you just fall into it naturally, trust me. Wink
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2004 08:16 am
Money, of course, can't buy you love.

Poverty don't buy nothin'.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2004 08:32 am
Rog- Money can't buy happiness, but at least you can be comfortable in your misery! :wink:
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2004 08:57 am
cavfancier wrote:

The art of seduction depends on listening, really, and responding in a loving and interested way. For some guys, that can be difficult, but when you meet the right woman, you just fall into it naturally, trust me. Wink

I don't agree, but won't go into it here.

Women are attracted to powerful men. Ask any hot woman what she wants in a guy, and most won't say "money," but say things like "confidence, someone who's driven/motivated/stable," ect.

Women are impressed and attracted to guys who appear to be successful, because women are naturally looking for a provider. A successful, self-sufficient woman may not say "I'm looking for a guy with money," but she's still drawn to a guy who has the "high-status" traits.

Picture how a rich, powerful, confident guy carries himself. How he walks into a room, talks to people, and how he interacts with women.

You don't have to be rich to attract women, but you can build up your confidence to a point and learn to interact in a way that will attract women.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2004 05:04 pm
Slappy's right, of course. It's how you project yourself that counts. But, in the final analysis, that's still about money in a roundabout way: the woman is attracted to the man who radiates confidence and success, but that equates with "a good provider."
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2004 05:53 pm
Not in my book it don't MA.

Lots of th efellas I have been most intenely attracted to - and who DO have confidence etc - have not been focused on money at all - and will never be "good providers".

Not challenging that it is sometimes true, MA - just not prepared to see it as a generalization.

I agree with the confidence part - but people can have confidence for LOTS of reasons.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2004 06:18 pm
I'll probably regret this--but I always had a much more tantalyzing attraction to men who worked with their hands. The muscle-y, body-competant REAL men. (They haven't ever had more than enough money to keep a suitcase in the fridge...)

<laughing>

I dated and married men I enjoyed talking to--men I felt equal to--I suppose you could say I am a horrible sexist. Or, maybe I just didn't find a man who had both attributes. An interest in politics, news, conversational on a myriad of subjects AND such a dominant physical presence that completely subdued me... What a shrinking violet I was in their company. <laughs>

(Probably couldn't have stood the subdued thing for long periods of time...)

Never found it in one man. Luckily, did find one or the other in several.

The money thing is funny. I accidentally hooked up with men who did have money (family money)-- but, never sought it out.

The only time my father ever disappointed me was when he said I should choose a man for money. He said life would be easier. I was 17. It was the first time I spoke disrespectful words to him.

Funny, both of those men (with money) ultimately made their portions of my life miserable.

And, whenever I think of the buff hunks, I ALWAYS smile.

<smiling>

(Is that sexist?)
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2004 07:42 pm
Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:
cavfancier wrote:

I don't agree, but won't go into it here.

Women are attracted to powerful men. Ask any hot woman what she wants in a guy, and most won't say "money," but say things like "confidence, someone who's driven/motivated/stable," ect.

Women are impressed and attracted to guys who appear to be successful, because women are naturally looking for a provider. A successful, self-sufficient woman may not say "I'm looking for a guy with money," but she's still drawn to a guy who has the "high-status" traits.

Picture how a rich, powerful, confident guy carries himself. How he walks into a room, talks to people, and how he interacts with women.

You don't have to be rich to attract women, but you can build up your confidence to a point and learn to interact in a way that will attract women.

Oh, I agree that confidence is key Slappy. I'm sorry if I was misunderstood. I still believe that communication is more important than wealth though.
0 Replies