Does time really heal?

Reply Sat 2 Sep, 2017 10:44 am
My Story is quite long and complex.
But I was with my ex boyfriend for 3 years and now single 4months since he ended our relationship.
He wasn't my first relationship but definitely my first love. I'm struggling emotionally to move on. He was good to me for the first year then the last two years were the worst. He was abusive, manipulative and emotionally unavailable. He made me quite dependant on him and him alone. He confessed several times during our relationship that he doesn't love me & never did. He destroyed my confidence and openly flirted with woman and would put me down in front of his friends, mine and sometimes clients. When we broke up I lost everything including my home. I'm 24 and I feel like I can't let go of the pain he caused me especially near the end of the relationship. I feel like I can't even begin to meet new people until I let go off the feelings from the past. I think of him everyday and we have no contact. In general since the breakup I feel dull, like the passion I had is gone. I'm not afraid of never finding love I'm afraid of never feeling it again.
When will I heal? I'm afraid this relationship has destroyed me as a person. How do I let go of the pain?

View best answer, chosen by Lovebugme
jespah

Reply Sat 2 Sep, 2017 10:47 am
@Lovebugme,
You should get help from a professional. You've got a lot to process. Work this out with an impartial professional counselor. Talk about why you chose someone like this in the first place, and why you stayed as long as you did. Talk about concerns you have about starting any new relationships.

You can get better. This can get better. It does not have to imprison you forever.

I wish you well.
Lovebugme

Reply Sat 2 Sep, 2017 10:56 am
@jespah,
I was looking into this recently and I will definitely try.
Thank you very much for your kind words. It gives me hope.
PUNKEY
  Selected Answer

Reply Sun 3 Sep, 2017 06:45 am
@Lovebugme,
Please re-read your own post. You were miserable!!

That wasn't love.

Lovebugme

Reply Sun 3 Sep, 2017 03:39 pm
@PUNKEY,
I thought this too. But why does it hurt so much if it wasn't?
0 Replies