I need Guy help!!!!!

Reply Thu 16 Dec, 2004 12:42 am
Well last year i was dating this guy who i was tottaly head over heals for. WE were togeather about 4 months. well then he started dating theis other chic you i cant stand. but now hes single and i really like him still. So i was talking to my friend and she said that she was talking to him and he said " well ya shes pretty cool " refering to me. And i have no idea what that means like if he just wants to be friends or if he likes me or if he was just satying that because he didnt want to talk about it with her. well guys i'd really like your oppinions on this
thanx a ton
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 813 • Replies: 10
No top replies

australia

Reply Thu 16 Dec, 2004 01:51 am
Take the plunge and ask him out. What have you got to lose?
0 Replies

fidelitygastro

Reply Thu 16 Dec, 2004 07:20 am
the statement 'she's pretty cool' (i've used it tons of times),as it is, doesnt mean anything at all. a neutral stance.

but it may as well depend on the environment ....

if he said it when he's happy , he's not feeling too good abt u.
but the line's pretty cliched, so dont worry about this. we say it , when we dont have anything else that could be said about her.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 16 Dec, 2004 09:49 am
He's single, you're single, ask, sure. If you were currently friends, I'd worry a bit about disrupting that, but don't see any barrier to going ahead and seeing what happens from what you describe. He may say "no", of course, so prepare yourself for that possibility.

Good luck!
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Thu 16 Dec, 2004 10:55 am
Some guys just need to be hit with a brick.

I needed to be hit with a BIG brick.
0 Replies

LDSCHIC3588

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2004 05:09 pm
WEll we are still friends so i dont know if i want to ruin that. And im kinda old fashioned and dont ask guys out.Plus i dont think i could handle it if he did reject me and say no.but thanx for your advise
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2004 06:51 pm
You were together for four months, and he dumped you for another chick? Strike One, and he's out.

That's just my way, of course.
0 Replies

LDSCHIC3588

Reply Sat 18 Dec, 2004 02:22 am
But i really really like him still. and hes soo sweet i just cant get over him. especialy his smile it makes me melt.So he cant get one strike and be out. And is 4 months very long? (i havnt had many relationships.
0 Replies

fidelitygastro

Reply Sat 18 Dec, 2004 05:07 am
hmm...4 months wud be long if the relationship is going nowhere.sure it would. but u seem to be confused. that's natural. so strip off everything that bothers you , and let your heart out to him.and as sozobe said, he may well say 'no', so be prepared for it. believe me, this girl i know once said there are literally millions of guys out there she fell in love with , or their smiles!!
0 Replies

LDSCHIC3588

Reply Tue 21 Dec, 2004 03:55 pm
thanx i needed to hear that. I really appreciate it. I "forgot" that there were other guys i could fall in "love" with thanx again
0 Replies

kitchenpete

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2004 06:52 am
DrewDad wrote:
Some guys just need to be hit with a brick.

I needed to be hit with a BIG brick.

That's been my problem over the years, too! Laughing

My advice - if he's gone off with someone else after 4 months, he might do the same thing again. You don't want to be "second best", do you?

Enjoy meeting guys - remember that we're simple human beings too - everyone different. Each encounter will teach you something about yourself. Always be prepared to learn those lessons from yourself - your own reaction and emotion when confronted with a potential partner is very valuable and should be understood. You'll know what to look for and what to avoid.

Good luck, KP
0 Replies