PLEASE HELP ME WITH MY FRIEND

Reply Wed 15 Dec, 2004 10:01 pm
my friend has liked this girl for a while, hes really rusty around the girls. So he has been talking to her for a while and asks her out tonight, she basically said no but was nice. So i start talking to her tonight and sparks fly between us, so i asked her out sat night she said yes. Now my friend is pissed off, cant really blame him, but what do i do??
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 743 • Replies: 7
No top replies

JustBrooke

Reply Wed 15 Dec, 2004 10:13 pm
Your friend needs to get over it.

I have a rule........I never date someone that a friend of mine has dated. But in your case......your friend never even went out with her.

I reckon he's feelin' just a little jealous because she said yes to you and not to him.

Still ....... he has no right to be pissed at you. Go out with this girl. Let your sparks continue to fly and don't feel bad for something that you did no wrong in!
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Wed 15 Dec, 2004 10:15 pm
She's open game. She turned down your friend.

However, you could have pretended to get his "permission" first. Ask him "hey, I know she said no to you, but I sense she's kind of digging me. Would you care if we hung out?" Unless he's a total prick, he would have given you the go-ahead.
0 Replies

Aurora Dark

Reply Fri 24 Dec, 2004 01:21 am
Honestly, I usually suggest the "get permission" idea first... it's just a nice thing to do, to spare his feelings.

But the fact is, she didn't want to date him. So obviously she wasn't the girl for him. She wouldn't have ended up with him anyway... nothing would've happened between them.
I suppose, if he keeps bothering you, you could be sure he knows that. Make sure he knows that -she- genuinely chose you, and that you weren't trying to betray him or anything intentionally. He needs to feel that you weren't intentionally being cruel to him or anything... I kind of understand his feelings, in that regard.

But again, the fact is, she chose you. Her heart wasn't with him, so... -shrug- It was inevitable that she would be with someone else anyway.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 24 Dec, 2004 03:25 am
justa_babbling_brooke wrote:
Your friend needs to get over it.

I have a rule........I never date someone that a friend of mine has dated. But in your case......your friend never even went out with her.

I reckon he's feelin' just a little jealous because she said yes to you and not to him.

Still ....... he has no right to be pissed at you. Go out with this girl. Let your sparks continue to fly and don't feel bad for something that you did no wrong in!

My thoughts exactly.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Fri 24 Dec, 2004 09:24 am
I disagree. If you knew your friend was interested in this woman, and has been for awhile, you should not have approached her, whether she shot him down or not.

Geez, with friends like you all, who needs enemies?
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Fri 24 Dec, 2004 09:28 am
I agree with eoe.
0 Replies

fireball

Reply Mon 17 Jan, 2005 11:18 pm
eoe wrote:
I disagree. If you knew your friend was interested in this woman, and has been for awhile, you should not have approached her, whether she shot him down or not.

Geez, with friends like you all, who needs enemies?

Even though he is rusty with us girls. You should not have asked her out.
Out of respect to your friend.
0 Replies