Did I **** up beyond reverse?

Reply Sat 26 Aug, 2017 04:53 pm
The chain of events leading to this guy basically dumping me after about 4 dates.

Tuesday, August 15th at 8:04 am
Me: How was closing?
Him: It wasn't busy so that was nice, it was only four of us and we clocked out around 1:35
Me: Sounds pretty easy. Closing on weekdays doesn't sound too bad.
Me: Well all my school classes posted online so I have stuff to do

Friday, August 18th at 2:03 pm
Me: Hey
Me: I just wanted to see if you wanted to grab dinner tonight or tomorrow night. Umm yeah just let me know.

Friday, August 18th at 3:36 pm
Him: No I'm sorry I can't
Me: Ok. I'll see you around then I guess.
Friday, August 18th at 3:59 pm
Me: We're cool though?

Friday, August 18th at 8:33 pm
Me: Ok.

Friday, August 18th at 9:02 pm
Him: Sorry I thought I responded, yea we're good

Friday, August 18th at 9:42 pm
Him: Let me be blunt My Name I found our conversations interesting the little times we hung out I had a crush on you cause you can handle my conversations on an intellectual level but, I do a lot of observing with human interactions and the truth is don't trust you right for me and I don't want to be misleading
I should of told you sooner and I do apologize for that

Saturday, August 19th at 1:34 am
Me: Ok. That's fine. I just hope I'm not right for you because I'm very limited in my interactions with you because of my situation and also because of school. And I wish you had told me sooner. I figured something was up but still. Ok.
Me: Actually I'm not sure I want you to elaborate. I was sad enough reading that text. I wasn't truly expecting this to be honest. So I should probably just let this be.
Saturday, August 19th at 5:52 am
Me: Nope I still have one more thing I need to say. I was hoping to say this in person but don't know if I'll find the right time. But I don't think that because you know how I think is exactly the best way to judge if I'm right or wrong for you. In my past relationships I've learned a lot that most of it is part of the adventure you're willing to go on. You learn to look through each other's eyes and you see what there world is. And I dated one guy, maybe more idk yet, who I wasn't expecting it to ever work out but the time we had together was amazing because I saw the world through his eyes. And nothing ever came of it because well he lived in Paris and I lived here. But we still talk because our adventures together were so much fun and very memorable. So what I'm saying is I kind of think you might just be scared idk, maybe I'm totally wrong. But I wasn't expecting you to act the way you did. Ok I've said my peace now. We don't have to talk about this again. Let's just be friends.

Monday, August 21st at 4:37 pm
Me: Hey His name.
Him: What's up
Me: Watching Fate/Zero. Yourself?
Him: Cleaning around my house
Me: Sounds relaxing. I like cleaning.
Me: Fates actually really good. This is my first episode. Did you ever finish Twin Peaks?

Me: So, classes were canceled for me tomorrow because of the Trump rally. Could I treat you to a birthday lunch? After you are finished with work. If that is you want to hang out, I understand either way.
Tuesday, August 22nd at 9:14 pm
Me: His name, I honestly don't understand what happened between us I didn't want to ask and still don't. But I can't figure out what made you think, "I don't trust that you're right for me." I'm sorry but I'm confused by that statement. There were no indications you felt this way. I cared for you and then you completely changed your mind I guess. Call me crazy, believe me it's fine. But I would rather know what happened between us then sit around and play dumb, blame myself, or blame you. Please just respond to my texts. Deal with your feelings and own them. I really thought you liked me and that you enjoyed my company but for you to turn around and act like it meant nothing when I'm pretty sure it did, and just say you don't like me. It hurt like hell because you didn't even try to learn anything real about me. I don't like playing these childish games.
What did I do that I can't even take a friend to lunch for his birthday?
My only other option is to believe you're a complete jerk. Which is part of the reason why I want to quit my job.

A girl at work also overheard a conversation I had with someone I trusted to tell about this situation. She then went on to ask around, eventually asking this guy as well as his sister who we were talking about. I am totally embarrassed but still just want to make things right. How do you do that with someone who does not want to talk?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 734 • Replies: 3
No top replies

centrox

Reply Sat 26 Aug, 2017 05:29 pm
Quote:
How do you do that with someone who does not want to talk?

You don't. You move on. Drop this and do something else. (How old are you?)
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Sun 27 Aug, 2017 06:35 am
Well, he DID give you a reason, even though he's got a very self- serving attitude about himself and an elevated sense of entitlement. He hardly knew you and already he jumps to conclusions. I think you are right: he comes off as a jerk.

But respect that he cut it off before things got too involved. And no, he's not even going to have a casual lunch with you. He won't even give you that. Right now he may regard you as a pest. Can you imagine trying to have a relationship with him!?

Take the high road and move on. There are lots of guys out there who would love to have someone take them to lunch. You sound like a very nurturing and giving person.

0 Replies

tibbleinparadise

Reply Sun 27 Aug, 2017 09:23 pm
@hmwebber,
" I don't like playing these childish games." He's not playing, he's not even responding. He doesn't want to play anything. He doesn't want to talk!

When you message somebody a lot and they don't engage...they don't want to talk to you. You don't pester somebody until they respond. It was super clear early on that this really one sided.
0 Replies