Kerik, Doh!

PDiddie

Reply Wed 15 Dec, 2004 10:15 am
This says everything that anyone could need to understand how this administration works:

Quote:
Throughout the process, the (anonymous) Republican close to the administration said, everyone at the White House knew that Mr. Bush liked Mr. Kerik, placing him in the special category of "this guy's our guy." Mr. Bush admired Mr. Kerik for his service as New York City's police commissioner on Sept. 11, 2001, for his willingness to try to train the police force in Iraq and for campaigning tirelessly for the president's re-election.

NY Times

When Kerik's name came up, eyes glazed over in the White House and the zombies began chanting, "9/11, 9/11..."

No one in the WH dared question it. No one in the WH objected when Commisioner Kerik's 'colorful' past, uncovered with a simple Google search, revealed him to be a common hoodlum. And that's mostly because Bush simply does not tolerate dissent. Loyalty is the only thing that matters.

The President has set the bar so low that even George Tenet can crawl under it and get a Presidential Medal of Freedom.

What a pathetic excuse for governing.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 15 Dec, 2004 10:17 am
you can only scrape the bottom of the barrel so long...then you have to start picking up the barrel and looking under it....
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Wed 15 Dec, 2004 10:18 am
BPB
BPB, anyone that Squinney loves can't be all bad.

Sign me up!

BBB
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 15 Dec, 2004 10:18 am
revel wrote:
Finn d'Abuzz
Quote:
Only in a extremely partisan discourse is there some supposed material fault on the part of the Bush administration.

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/12/15/politics/15home.html?hp&ex=1103173200&en=09251fe68d0ba15a&ei=5094&partner=homepage

Quote:
Those problems, law enforcement officials and Republicans said, were just two of the factors that led to the collapse of the Kerik nomination and surprised a White House focused on changing more than half the cabinet.

The story of Mr. Kerik's nomination is one of how a normally careful White House faltered because of Mr. Bush's personal enthusiasm for Mr. Kerik, a desire by the administration to quickly fill a critical national security job and an apparent lack of candor from Mr. Kerik himself.

Apparently only in an extremely discourse can no fault be held for President Bush. (on anything)

Bush's personal enthusiasm can hardly be considered a material fault; in fact this entire episode is immaterial.

Bush nominates Kerik, Kerik withdraws, and the process to find a replacement begins anew. In the meantime, Ridge remains in the office doing his job. How has the nation been effected, let alone harmed?
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 15 Dec, 2004 10:23 am
that's like saying we've been eating bull **** and when trying to replace it with horse ****, find that the horseshit won't quite do the job. So we continue to dine on bullshit, while we look for something new to eat.

It's **** for dinner the whole time, and that does hurt the country and it's citizens. Eat enough **** and eventually you get sick....obviously.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 15 Dec, 2004 10:23 am
Pdiddie wrote:
Kerik's 'colorful' past ... revealed him to be a common hoodlum.

Confused

Keri probably would have done a helluva job. Hey, I've got an idea ... let's find a bureaucrat for the position. That'll be effective.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 15 Dec, 2004 11:15 am
Quote:
Bush nominates Kerik, Kerik withdraws, and the process to find a replacement begins anew. In the meantime, Ridge remains in the office doing his job. How has the nation been effected, let alone harmed?

Because it's not a good sign when your CIC is nominating criminals to one of the most important cabinet positions in America. It doesn't exactly inspire confidence in his other selections, yaknow?

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 15 Dec, 2004 11:20 am
The one and only qualification for a bush cabinet position is to be a rubber stamp for him...that's the bottom line and it's undeniable....
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 15 Dec, 2004 11:20 am
And there is more:

Quote:
An apartment in Manhattan that the former police commissioner, Bernard Kerik, secured for his personal use after September 11, 2001, was originally donated for the use of weary police and rescue workers who were helping at ground zero, a real-estate executive says.

After the clean-up had settled into a routine, the executive said, Mr Kerik, who was still police commissioner, asked to rent the two-bedroom flat for his own use.

During his use of the apartment, Mr Kerik - who is married with two children and lived at the time in the Bronx - and Judith Regan engaged in an extramarital affair there, according to someone who spoke to Mr Kerik about the relationship. Ms Regan published Mr Kerik's best-selling autobiography in 2001. Mr Kerik refused to answer any questions on Tuesday regarding the flat.

Link to Kerik Article

Not quite as gross as getting a blowjob in the oval office, but on a scale of nastiness, it's up there!
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Wed 15 Dec, 2004 11:26 am
Perhaps if Alberto Gonzales had been allowed to torture Bernard Kerik, the nation could have been spared this untidiness.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 15 Dec, 2004 11:28 am
Phoenix wrote:
Not quite as gross as getting a blowjob in the oval office, but on a scale of nastiness, it's up there!

Why? Is Judith Regan skanky? Shocked
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 15 Dec, 2004 11:33 am
Quote:
Why? Is Judith Regan skanky?

I don't know about Regan, but there was a commentary on the radio that the apartment was overlooking "ground zero". The thought of Kerik conducting an affair right in the shadow of where so many people died, just does not sit right with me. It sounds pretty cold of Kerik.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Wed 15 Dec, 2004 11:41 am
What a fun thread! Sorry I didn't discover it sooner. Couldn't wade through all eight pages, so forgive me if I repeat what others have said, but:

How about how Rudy, everyone's favorite 9/11 hero, is reflected in all this? He had to know that stuff about Kerik. Of course, Rudy has a "colorful" past, too.

Though one can see why Rudy would want Kerik in that post. They've been raking it in, hand over fist, since they both left office in NYC. Having Kerik in that job would have made that money look like chump change...
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Wed 15 Dec, 2004 12:08 pm
D'artagnan
D'artagnan, you got it right!

Some patriots they both are, don't you think?

I would be very interested in learning if the NY police department of Internal Affairs has done any investigation of Kerik's history of corruption?

BBB
0 Replies

Magus

Reply Wed 15 Dec, 2004 12:13 pm
Kerik and Giuliani seem cut from the same cloth... as far as "extra-marital activities" go, anyway.
Sleazy is apparently fine, as long as you're a sanctimonious Republowcrat.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 15 Dec, 2004 12:51 pm
I don't care if Kerik had an affair with Regan, in that apartment or any other. I wish all sides in politics would stop with the use of sex lives as a target point. (For anyone who doesn't know, I don't like this administration.)
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 15 Dec, 2004 01:02 pm
Magus wrote:
Kerik and Giuliani seem cut from the same cloth... as far as "extra-marital activities" go, anyway.
Sleazy is apparently fine, as long as you're a sanctimonious Republowcrat.

Does it need to be party affiliated? Can't we just agree that most politicians are sleazy?
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 15 Dec, 2004 01:04 pm
I think republowcrat pretty much efficiently covers the two main groups of politicians....
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Wed 15 Dec, 2004 01:13 pm
panzade wrote:
Not that I don't believe you eh, but I never saw a disparaging thing about Teresa's background.

I have.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Wed 15 Dec, 2004 01:16 pm
I have, too, including one genius who said he or she (I forget) preferred Bush over Kerry because of their wives.

Sometimes I think universal suffrage may not be all it's cracked up to be...
0 Replies