Kerik, Doh!

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 14 Dec, 2004 11:52 am
Ticomaya wrote:
ehBeth wrote:
Tico - this board was full of comments about Teresa's place of birth and early background during the campaign. Nasty comments.

I dunno why Kerik's wife's origin is of interest, though I find it odd that he refers to her fair skin.

Okay. Must have been before my time began here ...

believe it Tico beths' is a non partisan statement of truth.....
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Tue 14 Dec, 2004 12:02 pm
Not that I don't believe you eh, but I never saw a disparaging thing about Teresa's background. Of course I skipped a lot of slime-ball posts.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 14 Dec, 2004 12:07 pm
panzade wrote:
Not that I don't believe you eh, but I never saw a disparaging thing about Teresa's background. Of course I skipped a lot of slime-ball posts.

I don't recall seeing much about her origins either. Perhaps some links would help?
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Tue 14 Dec, 2004 12:22 pm
A short list sample of Teresa Heinz Kerry attackers
A short list sample of Teresa Heinz Kerry attackers:

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=32018&start=0

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=29779&highlight=teresa+heinz+kerry

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=28816&highlight=teresa+heinz+kerry

http://www.able2know.com/forums/search.php?mode=results

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=30193&highlight=teresa+heinz+kerry
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 14 Dec, 2004 12:39 pm
Like I said, I don't recall seeing any thing about her origins.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 14 Dec, 2004 01:22 pm
I glanced through the links BBB posted, and the only person I saw that even mentioned Teresa's heritage, was .... well ... PDiddie.

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=788716#788716
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Tue 14 Dec, 2004 03:23 pm
I remember her being attacked for her mouth...but not for her heritage.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 14 Dec, 2004 04:11 pm
hehehehe

i figured out who the big fusser about Ms. Heinz-Kerry and her background was. a poster who id'd themselves as a science professor. Lives in Boston - hates all things Democratic - including Heinz ketchup and pickles - and Ms. Heinz-Kerry's ability to speak french.

As vocal as that character was/is, I shouldn't have let that colour my view of the discussion as much as it must have.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Tue 14 Dec, 2004 04:14 pm
Never mind eh...the difference between you and the goons on A2K is you don't waste hundreds of pages fighting for your pride.

Salute! my dear.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 15 Dec, 2004 12:56 am
farmerman wrote:
finn, the process seems to involve people who are, as we say.'without clue', so why not private contractors. Kerik could have been done by a simple call to any day room of a NY paper. These things, especially the Tiffany badge and the judy Regan thing were topics on "wait wait, dont tell me". Not like it was a big secret. DC people oughta see outside the beltway once in a while.

you have to admit , its funny.

I don't know that it's funny, but I can appreciate how the Administration might be chagrined.

Bottom line though is that Kerik was selected and then deselected...for cause.

Only in a extremely partisan discourse is there some supposed material fault on the part of the Bush administration.

What is becoming increasingly tiresome is this "gotcha" mode wherein opponents of Bush (read: NY Times, et al) launch preposterous assumptions based on an unsubstantiated statement here or there.

At some point, one might hope that Americans might recognize that we have, far and away, enough enemies in this world without manufacturing them from our own populace.
0 Replies

revel

Reply Wed 15 Dec, 2004 07:51 am
Finn d'Abuzz
Quote:
Only in a extremely partisan discourse is there some supposed material fault on the part of the Bush administration.

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/12/15/politics/15home.html?hp&ex=1103173200&en=09251fe68d0ba15a&ei=5094&partner=homepage

Quote:
Those problems, law enforcement officials and Republicans said, were just two of the factors that led to the collapse of the Kerik nomination and surprised a White House focused on changing more than half the cabinet.

The story of Mr. Kerik's nomination is one of how a normally careful White House faltered because of Mr. Bush's personal enthusiasm for Mr. Kerik, a desire by the administration to quickly fill a critical national security job and an apparent lack of candor from Mr. Kerik himself.

Apparently only in an extremely discourse can no fault be held for President Bush. (on anything)
0 Replies

revel

Reply Wed 15 Dec, 2004 07:53 am
Speaking of french; I was watching "la devorce" last night and I was wondering, is it really that bad for women there in terms of divorce and child custudy and so forth and are the men really that condescending? Or was this just a movie?
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Wed 15 Dec, 2004 08:42 am
Ticomaya wrote:
And can those who are excoriating Kerik for having an extramarital affair say they felt the same way about Clinton?

The real difference, as I'm sure you know but just overlooked, is that President Clinton never called us on to preserve the sanctity of marriage.

You know, like Bush's good friend Rudy Giuliani, that paragon of virtue who pushed for Bernie Kerik's nomination, has.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 15 Dec, 2004 09:09 am
PDiddie wrote:
Ticomaya wrote:
And can those who are excoriating Kerik for having an extramarital affair say they felt the same way about Clinton?

The real difference, as I'm sure you know but just overlooked, is that President Clinton never called us on to preserve the sanctity of marriage.

You know, like Bush's good friend Rudy Giuliani, that paragon of virtue who pushed for Bernie Kerik's nomination, has.

Laughing
LOL. Of course Clinton never stressed the sanctity of marriage. Are you saying Kerik did?

I'm sure you were aware, and just overlooked, that my point was focusing on those, and primarily those on A2K, who were having trouble with Kerik's extramarital relations, to the point of exclaiming it should prevent him from attaining the position of Director of Homeland Security, and contrasting that to how they felt about Clinton and his extramarital affairs, and their feelings about whether he should be made to leave the highest office in the US.

When Clinton was going through his difficulties in this regard, he caught a lot of flack for having his affair with Monica Lewinsky. Lying to the American People, mind you, was a much larger transgression as far as his job went. But the attitude of the Clinton supporters at the time was to minimize his affairs, and basically exclaim that it was a private matter, and should not bear upon his fitness for office.

Is this a situation where you feel there should be one set of rules for Republicans, and a different set of rules for Democrats?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 15 Dec, 2004 09:12 am
Quote:
Is this a situation where you feel there should be one set of rules for Republicans, and a different set of rules for Democrats?

Of course it is you silly goose, it's called politics and it's been played this way since the beginning. Are you suggesting republicans don't play this game equally well? (or better)
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Wed 15 Dec, 2004 09:17 am
Ticomaya wrote:

LOL. Of course Clinton never stressed the sanctity of marriage. Are you saying Kerik did?

LOL. Have you been taking reading lessons from McGentrix? I said what I meant quite clearly.

Tico wrote:

This is a situation where the glaring hypocrisy of the GOP is so obvious to anyone without partisan blinders that it is to laugh out loud until one shits himself (but manages to refrain from vomiting into his sweatpants).

That was a funny story, by the way. I read it to my wife until she went running out of the room screaming.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 15 Dec, 2004 09:22 am
PDiddie wrote:
This is a situation where the glaring hypocrisy of the GOP is so obvious to anyone without partisan blinders that it is to laugh out loud until one shits himself (but manages to refrain from vomiting into his sweatpants).

That was a funny story, by the way. I read it to my wife until she went running out of the room screaming.

Laughing

If you said what you meant quite clearly, then you clearly missed my point.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 15 Dec, 2004 09:43 am
Kerik I read, is a high school dropout. I am a high school dropout. Perhaps there is hope for me in politics after all...I have great ideas...and I know how to entertain a crowd...after 16 years with squinney I'm also a skilled ass kisser and a sneaky bastard.

Who wants on my election staff?
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 15 Dec, 2004 09:49 am
Shocked Just keep your staff away from me, please.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 15 Dec, 2004 09:52 am
It's a platform itself...
0 Replies