What's a great gift for our first Christmas together?

Reply Sun 12 Dec, 2004 11:45 pm
Please help. I have have fallen for my boyfriend so hard. He treats me so well and is everything that I wanted. I would like to give him a gift that will show how much he means to me. This is our first Christmas together and I would like for the gift to be memorable, since I know that the weekend will be. I have already bought him a bunch of other gifts that I know that he has been wanting for a while. The problem is, other than those, I can't think of any gifts. I would like for them to be surprising. I don't know, please help! Smile
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 938 • Replies: 11
No top replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 13 Dec, 2004 09:12 am
Can you give us anything to go on? Age, interests, price range...?

Happy to help with more info.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 13 Dec, 2004 09:23 am
How long have you been dating?

Will you be spending Christmas together?
0 Replies

tgmavtopdog

Reply Mon 13 Dec, 2004 02:06 pm
well, we have been together 7 months now, but we already talk about the future. marriage, kids and stuff. We will be exchanging gifts the weekend before Christmas, because we will be spending Christmas weekend with our families. He is 23, and a marine. Being a marine is his passion and he takes a lot of pride in it. He loves to laugh and "little things." (he saves all of the little things, such as notes or letters I give him). He loves to workout and run. He also loves the beach.

Thank you so much for your help.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 13 Dec, 2004 02:25 pm
Perhaps a weekend trip somewhere warm, on a beach. To spend a romantic weekend together.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 13 Dec, 2004 04:02 pm
That would be nice, if it's within your budget.

If your budget is a lot lower, maybe some sort of scrapbook, "Story of Us" sort of thing. A description of your first date with any memorabilia you have (napkin, receipt, petal from a rose he brought you), etc.
0 Replies

superjuly

Reply Mon 13 Dec, 2004 04:11 pm
Set up a nice candle light, strawberry and whipped cream, champagne (or wine, whichever you prefer) type of thing in the bedroom and wait for him. Wearing santa's hat and santa's hat only.

Oh, yes. He'll be surprised...
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 13 Dec, 2004 04:11 pm
Marines tend to be rugged, outdoorsy, individualists who often like to camp, fish, and hunt. Am I close? You can always get him a gift certificate from Cabela's (I don't think the mods will allow me to post a link, but you can find them through the "Shop" link at the top right of this page).

Merry Christmas!
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 13 Dec, 2004 04:18 pm
Kristie wrote:
Perhaps a weekend trip somewhere warm, on a beach. To spend a romantic weekend together.

Unless he just returned from someplace warm, with lots of sand.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 13 Dec, 2004 04:19 pm
roger wrote:
Kristie wrote:

Unless he just returned from someplace warm, with lots of sand.

very true....very true...maybe then a trip to the Alps is the answer. :wink:
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 13 Dec, 2004 04:36 pm
Maybe you could get him a live tree for christmas and then plant it in the spring as a symbol of your love for him.

Another earth-friendly choice allows you to have an indoor decorated tree for the holidays and a new tree for your yard in the spring. You can buy a sustainably grown live tree with roots and re-pot it, and then plant it afterwards in the spring. When planning to replant a tree after it has been kept indoors in a pot, make sure you keep it in a cold place, such as an unheated garage, until the soil softens. Live trees can be ordered through catalogs and the Web. For two dollars, Fedco Seeds, Inc. (www.fedcoseeds.com) will send you their catalog for ordering sustainably grown Christmas trees from farms in the Northeast. The trees are small with large root systems, making for better replanting and minimal shock. Also, Plant and Gnome -- www.plantandgnome.com -- in West Virginia, provides mail-order, sustainably grown trees through a free brochure available upon request. These companies, and others, can be found in the National Green Pages ( www.greenpages.com ).
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Mon 13 Dec, 2004 04:42 pm
if he likes to keep all the little things, make him something very personal. i like to draw, i always drew something for my man. and once i made a tape, full 90 minutes of it, of our 'history'. i have a very musical memory and remember where exactly i heard which song and have all the special moments associated with some songs. i attached a looong letter describing those moments and the music. kind of a memoir. the man in question still claims it was the best gift he received in his life.
0 Replies