do you ever not tell?

Reply Sun 12 Dec, 2004 04:27 pm
Do you ever not tell some one how you feel about them?
I mean should you sometimes just pretend to not care?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,094 • Replies: 11
No top replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 12 Dec, 2004 04:33 pm
no
0 Replies

danni-lee

Reply Sun 12 Dec, 2004 04:34 pm
i made the mistake of not telling someone how i felt, and i regret every moment of it, lifes just too short to keep quiet. anyways thats my two cents
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Sun 12 Dec, 2004 05:56 pm
Re: do you ever not tell?
tagged_lyricist wrote:
Do you ever not tell some one how you feel about them?
I mean should you sometimes just pretend to not care?

Maybe I'm strange...ok I am strange, but I see two sides to these questions and am not absolutely sure about the context in which they were posed, so I'll take on both sides and you can tell me where I went off course. Smile

The first question...do you ever not tell someone how you feel about them? Of course!, Especially if the feelings are negative or hurtful or degrading to the other person and there is really nothing to be gained by saying how you feel.

First question again...do you ever not tell someone how you feel about them? Possibly....especially if you feel deeply for this other person and know in your heart that those feelings are not reciprocal. By saying something in this case, you would only be setting yourself up to be hurt. There is really nothing to be gained by setting yourself up for heartache unless you are masochistic.

Second question...I mean should you sometimes just pretend not to care?
That depends. If you know that the other person doesn't care about you, in a way that you hope or wish they did, refer to my second response to question 1.

Second question again...I mean should you sometimes just pretend not to care? Absolutely NOT! If the other party is someone you care about and there is any chance this person may have feelings for you as well, why on earth would you want to pretend not to care? Most of the time, when these opportunities present themselves, you rarely get a second chance. Regrets last a very long time. All the what if's, woulda, shoulda, coulda's.

Look at your situation, see what it means to you, follow your heart and always keep in mind how you would feel being in the other person's shoes....
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 12 Dec, 2004 06:20 pm
I don't believe I've ever told Joe Nation how much I care for him.

Dammit! The time has come.

Joe, I really care for you.

C'mere, ya big lug, and give me a hug.
0 Replies

CerealKiller

Reply Sun 12 Dec, 2004 06:33 pm
Depends how you do it.

If you are pouring out your heart and bleeding all over them I think it can be perceived as weak,needy, and desperate -- particularly if they don't want to hear it or don't feel the same way.

If you do it with some coolness, sincerity, and the attitude "I feel this way but I can take you or leave you" it's cool.

Be strong and you'll be perceived that way. Avoid being an emotional tampon.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 12 Dec, 2004 06:36 pm
Sometimes, if you really care about someone - and know that telling them (forcing them to address it) would mess them or something in their life up - you keep your mouth shut.
0 Replies

LDSCHIC3588

Reply Thu 16 Dec, 2004 12:53 am
It really depends on their situation. If the have a bf or gf then you should probly keep quiet for a whil because no matter fow much you like them you shouldnt want to ruin their relation ship. so wait till they're free. but if they are un attatched then i would deffinatly tell them how you feel . i didnt tell the luv of my life how i felt for fim when he liked me and then nothing ever happened. its better for them to reject you and have you move on then never knowing what would have or could have happened.
0 Replies

tagged lyricist

Reply Sun 19 Dec, 2004 03:58 am
sorry guys was busy, but thanks for the input, I guess for me it just seems futile 'cos we don't live in the same cities, so no matter how much I like him it's not goona bring him any closer. Lady J I'm just fustrated as i feel that I messed up here, when i had the chance to tell him how I feel fave to face i never did it now i think it's futile.
0 Replies

australia

Reply Sun 19 Dec, 2004 04:19 am
Joe, try not to go into too much detail with your answers hehe
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 19 Dec, 2004 12:57 pm
tagged_lyricist - if distance is the only problem, i'd go ahead and say something. love can overcome distance. there are several examples on this board.
0 Replies

tagged lyricist

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2004 08:08 am
thanks ebeth i suppose i'm just a wimp
0 Replies