• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 950 • Replies: 10
No top replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Sat 11 Dec, 2004 10:22 pm
Quote:
"The Governor is a sex-fiend, children. We are required to provide him with the services of a troop of prostitutes or feed him strong medications to protect the female staff here".

That shoudl be one lesson in civics that they won't forget in a hurry!
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sat 11 Dec, 2004 10:23 pm
Priceless. I have fond memories of working in the State House newsroom in that building in Montpelier in the 1960s, just down the hall from the Guv's office. Hoff was governor then. He wouldn't have stood for any such nonsense as nudies on public display either, I don't think. Hadda go across the street to the cocktail lounge of the Montpelier Tavern Motor Inn to talk dirty and such.

BTW, that semi-nude statue of Lady Justice holding the scales is not in "the main lobby" of the Justice Department but in the large auditorium which is used for press briefings. The reason given why it was covered up three years ago was that, when addressing the assembled reporters, the Attorney General generally stands in front of that statue. In the adys before TV coverage, this was OK. But now, with cameramen shooting closeups, the impression is that there's a human teat right next to the AG's ear, The statue is roughly life-size. (Nobody thought of the simple expedient of moving the lectern to another corner of the room, of course. Just like nobody has thought of having the governor meet with youth groups in some place other than his inner sanctum.)
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 11 Dec, 2004 10:26 pm
How long was that nude statue on that desk?

And how many children were exposed to it?

I have this insidious, creepy-crawly feeling that is working its way into my veins and my very pores, that civilization as we know it is being taken over by the pagans and the savages.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 11 Dec, 2004 10:30 pm
Oh, good!
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 11 Dec, 2004 10:38 pm
Are you one of them, osso?

(This is MUCH worse than I feared)
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sat 11 Dec, 2004 11:00 pm
We just might lure him out of the swamp. How about some more statues of nekkid ladies?
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sat 11 Dec, 2004 11:07 pm
Hmm.. maybe he is going to put it in the bathroom.. Laughing

It still makes me wonder why people are so repressed. Why is it such a problem to have a statue that is nude? I dont understand the issue? Is it because it makes you think of sex? Well.. if my pants are rubbing me wrong,, I THINK of sex.. that doesnt mean I am going to abolish my pants.
Hmm.. that was a BAD example..
But . maybe.. somewhere in my rambling , you can get my point.. Embarrassed
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Sat 11 Dec, 2004 11:14 pm
shewolf, the "Pants Game" is over in the Trivia & Word Games forum. :wink:

This thread makes me thinK of joefromchicago's new avatar.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sat 11 Dec, 2004 11:17 pm
Laughing
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 12 Dec, 2004 07:52 am
I tell ya folks, it's only dem nipples that drive people wacko, nudity or even just booby is rampant and galore in the USA but we find nipples abhorent. Totally weird. I kinda think the "slave girl in chains" motif is the dream of of red-blooded grey haired republican. Personally, I really like party hats.
0 Replies