They Either Need a Taster or a whipping boy.

Letty

Reply Sat 11 Dec, 2004 09:30 am
I couldn't find nimh's Ukraine post, so I thought that I would ask what you think of the possibility that we need to go back to the days of having an official "taster" to determine what is poisoned or what is not.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&u=/ap/20041211/ap_on_re_eu/yushchenko_health

And Arafat's nephew is still suspicious of the cause of his uncle's death.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 972 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Einherjar

Reply Sat 11 Dec, 2004 09:33 am
nimhs Ukraine post
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Sat 11 Dec, 2004 09:41 am
the unfortunate thing about the difference between good and 'evil' intentions, is that in order to support the concept of good, it is impossible to guard against the possibilities of the evil, without adopting their though patterns, and, thereby losing the battle.

[the positive forces in the universe are, unfortunately, riddled with martyrs.]
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sat 11 Dec, 2004 10:11 am
Hey, Bo and einherjar. Just saw Walter's response on nimh's thread, but I'll continue anyway.

I suppose leaders in any given situation that brings them into the focus of contention, are a target. I was just curious how this could have happened given the supposed security that surrounds the man. Of course I wasn't serious about the "taster". Perhaps controversial leaders need a canary as they used to carry in the mines, to detect noxious gasses.
0 Replies