LIBERAL RACISM

hingehead

Reply Sat 11 Dec, 2004 04:50 pm
Only in his heart.

I'm intrigued that for you racism is intertwined with blackness...

So if a white guy criticized a white judge the same way that wouldn't be racism? Do you see the logical corner you've painted yourself into?
0 Replies

Larry434

Reply Sat 11 Dec, 2004 04:59 pm
hingehead wrote:
Only in his heart.

I'm intrigued that for you racism is intertwined with blackness...

So if a white guy criticized a white judge the same way that wouldn't be racism? Do you see the logical corner you've painted yourself into?

No corner painted into here.

Main Entry: racĀ·ism
Pronunciation: 'rA-"si-z&m also -"shi-
Function: noun
1 : a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race
2 : racial prejudice or discrimination

You see, racism is about race. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Sat 11 Dec, 2004 05:01 pm
You appear to be missing the point. Answer the question:

if a white guy criticized a white judge the same way would that be racism?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 11 Dec, 2004 05:06 pm
Larry434
logic: a science that deals with the canons and criteria of validity in thought and demonstration and that traditionally comprises the principles of definition and classification and correct use of terms and the principles of correct predication and the principles of reasoning and demonstration : the science of the normative formal
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Sat 11 Dec, 2004 05:09 pm
Larry, I owe you a sort of apology - I misread the article and thought Reid was black! D'OH. However my underlying point remains.

The columnists chief issue is the colour of the skin of the antogonists, not the antagonism itself.
0 Replies

Larry434

Reply Sat 11 Dec, 2004 05:40 pm
hingehead wrote:
Larry, I owe you a sort of apology - I misread the article and thought Reid was black! D'OH. However my underlying point remains.

The columnists chief issue is the colour of the skin of the antogonists, not the antagonism itself.

The columnist was seeking an explanation of Reid's, a white man, criticism of Thomas, a black man, with absolutely no evidence supporting his slurs of Thomas. The columnist speculated since there was no supporting evidence of Thomas's slurs, that they just might be racist.

Glad you got it straight.
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Mon 13 Dec, 2004 12:15 am
Quote:
Reid is, after all, the conservative leader of a liberal Senate faction. He belongs to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, a denomination that banned blacks from the priesthood until 1978. And he represents Nevada, a state with a less than sparkling record on civil rights

He sure sounds like a liberal.... Rolling Eyes
0 Replies