Still there?

Reply Fri 10 Dec, 2004 09:02 pm
I am affraid that in my relationship that spark is dimming! I feel that she still loves me very much with all her heart, but I feel like our relationship is turning into a frienship! I want that feeling back, the one where I would just lose my breath everytime I was near her. I don't know if it's the negative thoughts (that were just turning into friends) that I am having that have made this feeling start to fade or what? But please what can I do to bring back that strong love and feeling. Another reason I feel that I am feeling this is due to the fact we have had some distance in our relationship (living wise). She is coming back home for X-mass. What can I do to show her that we are still as good as we were when we first met? What can I do to show myself that?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 760 • Replies: 6
No top replies

hingehead

Reply Fri 10 Dec, 2004 09:53 pm
Apparently this is normal in any relationship. Somewhere along the line you move from 'being in love' to just 'loving' someone. Something about brain chemicals and hormones.

I understand the feeling you crave, but realistically if you feel that way about anyone more than three or four times in your life you're pretty lucky (or extremely flighty). And regardless is doesn't last all that long. You can go on searching for that feeling but that would mean finding another woman.

Your call.
0 Replies

Mikeymike

Reply Fri 10 Dec, 2004 10:11 pm
I don't want to find someone else thats just the thing!!!!!! Thats why I am here asking for all of your help
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Fri 10 Dec, 2004 10:55 pm
Well I guess what I was saying goes - that 'catch your breath' feeling only last so long in a relationship, you then move onto the next 'phase' - or so I'm led to believe.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 10 Dec, 2004 11:35 pm
Mikeymike--

You've posted several threads announcing what you want from this relationship. Meanwhile, the object of your affections has gone through basic training and is preparing for a career in the navy.

You "feel she loves you". Her actions don't seem to show this love.

Talk to her at Christmas--but be prepared to have your heart broken.
0 Replies

Mikeymike

Reply Sun 12 Dec, 2004 07:47 pm
Noddy24, I did recently recieve a letter from her. Based on the things in the letter I would say that things are going to be just fine between her and I. I now can rest my worries and know that everything is going to be ok.
0 Replies

superjuly

Reply Sun 12 Dec, 2004 08:02 pm
Mikeymike wrote:
Noddy24, I did recently recieve a letter from her. Based on the things in the letter I would say that things are going to be just fine between her and I. I now can rest my worries and know that everything is going to be ok.

Well.. your thread says you worry about your relationship turning into a friendship. Confused
0 Replies