I got a new job!! No longer a slave for value village UPDATE

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Sat 11 Dec, 2004 08:24 pm
Hehe...i'm the new shuttle driver!!!! Can you tell me anything about that?
0 Replies

J-B

Reply Sun 12 Dec, 2004 01:44 am
alcohol is fatal, quit it! Smile
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Wed 15 Dec, 2004 12:18 pm
Update-Someone at work told my supervisor before I got a chance to that I was quitting(she wanted my job)(and yes I know, I should have told management before I told a few people, but that's in the past now) anyways, so I had my floater day yesterday(paid day off) and came back to work this morning and told them first thing. I said I was sorry that they had found out the way they did and bla bla bla, I was like "I won't be back after friday". So they say "well, you can leave anytime if you want" (hint hint) Then I replied "I can stay till friday if you guys need me". They told me to go downstairs and work, so of course I did. Then just before noon, they send another girl to do my job, didn't tell me or anything. So we told her to ask the supervisor again if she was supposed to be doing what i was doing, and the supervisor then came over and said, "so and so will be on the table now", and that's it. So whatever, I went home. I don't know if they were trying to "fire" me, because I had already quit. Stupid sweatshop company. So my beef is, why is management such pussy's? Aren't they supposed to be the bigger person and come up to me and ask me to leave, not just send a new girl over, in the middle of it all, when she doesn't even know whats going on. Value Village is crooked. At least now I have an extended long weekend.....lol.....sorry for typing so much! Thanks for getting this far if ya did...hehehe
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Wed 15 Dec, 2004 12:20 pm
In the same token, weren't you "supposed" to give at least 2 weeks notice?
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 15 Dec, 2004 12:25 pm
ahh.. screw em.
If they are that horrible and have that high of a turn around. they wont hurt for your man hours.
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Wed 15 Dec, 2004 01:00 pm
Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:
In the same token, weren't you "supposed" to give at least 2 weeks notice?

Nope, policy says that with in the first 3 months of being hired value village can fire you for no reason without giving notice, and the employee can quit without giving any notice.....And I stated that to them, because they were pissed at me, they replied back with "it's just common courtesy"!!! They should practice what they preach.
0 Replies

nwadholm

Reply Thu 19 Jul, 2007 03:41 pm
vale village
i work for value village for many years it was fun at first then it got where they wanted more work out of you it got to be a sweat shop. and if you could't do it they may it hard for you they force me to retired i've only been to value village once since i retired. there nothing there that i want.
0 Replies