0

Communication Problems in long distance relationship

Reply Mon 14 Aug, 2017 02:57 pm
I realized a lot of people are having communication issues within their long-distance relationship, so I want to help. In the beginning of my ldr, I made it very clear to my girlfriend, that communication is key. Lack of communication and miscommunication are the ways to screw things up in your relationship.

Lack of communication happens when one partner becomes very busy and isn’t able to spend as much time with their significant other as they used to. Their SO doesn’t feel like he or she is a priority to the (busy) partner, but they understand how busy their partner is, so they don’t say anything. Resentment rises and one goes overboard with sarcasm. The other gets offended not knowing where this came from. An argument is born

It is important to explain how you feel, to prevent a future conflict. Say something along the lines of, “hey, I feel like we don’t talk as much as we used to.” This should wake up your partner, and make him or her realize that they’re not making time for their SO.

Miscommunication between couples are happening more than ever, especially now with texting. Arguments are springing up because your partner thinks you meant one thing when actually you meant another.

To solve this problem, just simply take the time to be clear and exact when talking over the phone or texting. You have to do this because over the phone body language can’t be read. Over text messages, your tone of voice can’t be heard.
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 441 • Replies: 0