Forbidden Relationship

Tue 13 Oct, 2020 07:07 pm
A 13 year old girl had a relationship with a 20 year old guy who was her mother's first cousin. (2016) Something happened, in short, incest. They loved each other. The girl had to leave the country at September 2016. They had a long distance relationship without ever getting to see each other again, only through chat. The girl stopped talking to him. They last talked in January 2017. The girl talked to him again around 2018. They had a long distance relationship again until November 2019 when her family found out. They threatened to file a case against the guy unless they stop talking. The guy decided its best to stop but the girl continued talking to him, so he commanded her wishes. They're still talking until now but they aren't in a relationship anymore. It's over. The girl doesn't know how to stop talking to him and move on. The girl suffers from depression and derealization which makes everything harder. She loves him. She doesn't know how to tell him to be with her once again. She wants to move on at the same time knowing that their relationship might not end well anymore. She wants a future with him and is trying to elicit a response from him that he wants the same. He doesn't directly tell her that he wants the same. The girl is turning 18 in December. Would her family still be able to file a case against him then?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,981 • Replies: 2
Topic Closed
No top replies

maxdancona

Tue 13 Oct, 2020 07:20 pm
@polarizedshark,
The 20 year old guy committed a crime. It is a crime because there is no way for a 20 year old to have a healthy relationship with a 13 year old. It is damaging when adults have sexual relationships with kids.

So now they are 18 and 25? It is no longer statuatory rape. It is still pretty unhealthy.

You make your own decisions as an adult. I hope you can make decisions that will lead to a happy life in the long term. I don't think they should be together.

Honestly the cousin part doesn't bother me nearly as much as the fact that this adult had sex with a child.
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Wed 14 Oct, 2020 08:17 am
@polarizedshark,
Quote:
Would her family still be able to file a case against him then?
I'm not sure anyone can give you a definitive answer to this without knowing what country the two people lived in at the time of the relationship. (I am simply pointing this out. I personally would not be qualified to answer the question. This would be best answered by talking to a lawyer.)

As far as the relationship itself, I would agree with what max wrote previously.
0 Replies