How can i convince my parents to travel to my girlfriend?

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2016 07:50 am
How can i convince my parents to travel to my girlfriend?

Hello people of the internet, 

I want to travel to my girlfriend in france, i live in the netherlands, it s 1087km. I am 17 now and by the time i will go i will be 18, i will probably go with my brother of 15. I want to travel to her in the christmas holiday in december/january but when i asked my parents they were not ok with it. They said that i don t know her parents (i saw her parents in the summer holiday when i also saw her) and that i only talked a bit with her (i met her this summer holiday, but it was more only my parents don t know) Also they ask how i will do it with traveling and so, i search before i asked exactly how to travel and all about it, i found a bus company named "Flixbus" and i think that will be a good idea t travel, i only need to be allowed. 
Things why my parents said no: 
1. They say we didn t talked much. 
2. That i don t know how her parents are. 
3. They probably don t believe in our love, probably they think it s fake or something... 
4. I must make homework and so, but it s holiday i can make it before that or after, after i will have 5 days and that s enough, also i will not miss any school days or something. 

Please help me to convince my parents, it would be the world to me if i can see my girl finally again and finally be with her...😇🙏🙏 

-Tien
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 1,282 • Replies: 8
No top replies

jespah

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2016 08:38 am
@Tien1888,
For those who use English measurements, the distance is around 675 miles, or about the distance from Boston, Massachusetts to Quebec. So it's an 11 hour bus ride, maybe more. That's kind of uncomfortable even in good buses, but hey, it's your butt.

Your parents are probably concerned about other things. What will your brother do during this vacation? Where will you stay? Where will he stay? What will either of you do for food? Five days is a long time to impose on this girl's parents, particularly because there are two of you doing the imposing.

And that doesn't even get into your relationship or whether you will sleep together while on the road, etc.

Yes, you are 18 years old, but try to see at least some of this from your parents' perspective, and from your girlfriend's parents' perspective. You are expecting them to feed and house two more or less stranger teenaged boys for nearly a week. Do you have any idea how costly that is?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2016 08:53 am
@Tien1888,
What discussions have YOU had with your girlfriend's parents about your plans?

Have your parents talked to your girlfriend's parents?

Both of those things need to happen.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2016 09:10 am
I'm just wondering why you need to be allowed if you're 18 at the time of the proposed travel.

jespah

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2016 09:19 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Well, for the brother, to be sure. But yeah, at 18 he can kinda do what he wants to.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2016 09:27 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Who's paying for the trip?
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2016 10:38 am
@ehBeth,
I would try to get those days as a Christmas present. (The ticket will be below 100 Euros.)

0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2016 10:49 am
@Tien1888,
Did your girlfriend's parents invite you and your brother to spend the holidays with their family? do you expect to stay in their home? do they know that? do you expect them to cover your meal costs? do they know that?

0 Replies

saab

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2016 11:35 am
First of all I think it very good that you have asked your parents for allowence
no matter how old you are. It is polite to tell the people you share a home with about your plans.
Have you thought about that New Year´s is much more important in France than Christmas? Maybe it does not even fit the French family to have you staying around this time of the year.
As far as I know you celebrate the 6th of December more than Christmas in the Netherlands or is it just the families I know.
Where will you two stay? If with the French family - think about that not every family want a boyfriend to sleep around with their daughter when visiting.
As far as I know if you stay with the family they would also invite you to share their meals and not expect any payment for that.
Still you should bring a present.
Why have we not heard anything about what your girlfriend wants to? It is just about you and your wishes. Maybe she does not even want you to come and see her.
0 Replies