Relationship problems

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2004 09:28 pm
I hope someone can help because I'm getting really depressed. My wife and I have been married for over 4 years - it's her 2nd marriage and my first. We've had a really good relationship until a few days ago when something happened and I'm now really depressed about things and our prospects. So here goes:

When it comes to sex, my wife and I have had a reasonably good thing going. However, she's always had some hang ups about certain things - mainly because of her ex husband who forced her to do things. Armed with this information from day one, I've always been very patient and careful not to pressurize her into anything.

Now the strange thing is that, apart from the certain hang ups she has, she does have a healthy appetite for sex and would often joke about us stopping off whenever we passed one of those XXX Adult Movie type stores on the highway. I've always shied away from it in the past because I knew there'd be things in the movie which would be a gamble as to whether she'd gotten over the hang ups yet and I was afraid of getting a bad reaction.

Well the other night something got mentioned about getting a movie again and this time I decided what the hell I will take the gamble. Needless to say, we're sat in bed watching this movie and a girl goes down a guy and he releases himself into her mouth (sorry, I'm not sure how graphic I'm allowed to get on here so please forgive me).
My wife's reaction was that she got totally grossed out and said so right there and then.
My heart just sank! Seeing her reaction I said "so you'd never do that for me then?" and she just said "but that's totally gross!".

It was immediately apparent to me there and then that 4 years with me had done nothing to get her over her old hang ups. Now before you all start screaming that I'm selfish or whatever, let me explain a few things:

First of all, I wouldn't want to pressurize nor have never pressurized my wife into doing anything she didn't want to so please don't make an assumption that that's what I'm doing or going to do.
Secondly, I'd never asked her to do that to me in the past - I had just HOPED she would as it would be the "ultimate" thing she could do for me. However, regardless of where the stuff ends up in the end, she'd never done it long enough for me to even come close anyway in the past which has also been very frustrating but I never said anything about it.

So here's why I'm getting depressed (and there's several reasons):

1] I'm worried that my sexual prospects in this relationship have kind of gone down the pan.
2] It's made me lose sexual confidence and my personal self-worth and esteem have gone down several notches. It seems I have no way of driving her to so much ecstacy that she can do those things without the hang ups.
3] I'm feeling a little jealous of the ex husband who used to get his way but I don't - and because he "persuaded" her to do stuff, I feel like I'm now feeling the brunt of it all with the hang ups she has.
4] I never thought I'd say this but I'm now beginning to wonder if I made a mistake with this marriage. I feel like there's little point in continuing the relationship if I'm never going to be totally happy in the bedroom.

We've spoken about this but to no real avail. I can't get to sleep at night and I'm like a zombie through the day. If she ever did that for me in the future then I will always have it in the back of my mind that she's only doing it to pacify me and doesn't really want to - therefore there's no point in me asking or pushing the subject further. The whole "thing" has now been lost for me totally.

So now I'm trying to put a brave face on and pretending like there's no problem because I know that it will only make matters worse if we argue about it more. The thing is, it's really chewing me up inside and I feel like things are now going to get worse before they get better.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 817 • Replies: 8
No top replies

fishin

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2004 10:12 pm
You're ready to throw in the towel because she isn't interested in performing one sex act with you?

Sorry, I'm not much good at sugar coating things but it sure sounds like you've built one major mountian out of that little ant hill you've got there.

I'm sure someone will come along with something more but really, IMO, you're being overly dramatic.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2004 10:23 pm
A blowjob is a make or break deal for your marriage?

That's really what this is about?

Gotta say it's making me shake my head. As much as I enjoy sex in all of its various permutations, the lack of interest by a partner in one or more alternatives doesn't seem like much of a reason to end a relationship.

Did you get married in anticipation of a blowjob, or was there something else that drew you to your wife?
0 Replies

Bru66

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2004 10:41 pm
What's wrong with orally pleasing your wife?
I have yet to meet a woman who does not like to receive oral sex.
0 Replies

superjuly

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2004 10:46 pm
You're right fishin', no sugar coating.

Now, from my perspective... you ARE being a selfish prick. I'm sorry, but you are.

You're talking about how depressed you are and that your marriage might be damaged goods because she won't swallow ???? Or that you MIGHT never get to come inside her mouth? Did I get that right? Oh please... I know a man has needs, but this goes beyond being inconsiderate.

You said that you were well aware that your wife have had a previous abusive and persuasive relationship from day one. Now, I hope you understand that she needs someone who will uphold and be supportive of this compromising situation. Not this:

Quote:
3] I'm feeling a little jealous of the ex husband who used to get his way but I don't - and because he "persuaded" her to do stuff, I feel like I'm now feeling the brunt of it all with the hang ups she has.

It seems, however, that she is willing to overcome. Plus, did she explicitly answered 'No.' to your question (if she'd ever do that for you)?
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2004 11:48 pm
summary
Summarizing your post:

"If my wife truly loved me, she would take my symbol of manhood into her mouth and allow me to blow my manly juices down her throat while she enjoyed every moment of pleasing me -- I guess she doesn't love me -- woe is me -- I'm so depressed about my marriage."

If you believe your entire sense of manhood and the sanctity of your marriage is all wrapped up in the ability to ejaculate in your wife's mouth while she's loving it, then your sense of self and marriage are screwed up.

Your wife doesn't want you to ejaculate in her mouth. It's that simple. You can call it a "hang up" if you want, but the truth it that some women enjoy doing it for their men and some women don't. If enjoying to give blow jobs was your single most important criteria in selecting a wife, then you are a rather shallow person. You have blown (excuse the pun) this issue totally out of perspective.
0 Replies

kellybelle

Reply Fri 10 Dec, 2004 01:26 am
I think that you've made it four years without the explosion in her mouth, so why does it matter now. Yeah, maybe you are disappointed because she won't do this, but let me tell you something: I guarantee that a lot of the girls out in this world that say they like that sh*t.....they are lying. Okay people, this is gonna be gross, but picture yourself with a mouthful of eggwhites, because that's pretty much what it's like. How romantic is that anyway?!
0 Replies

kellybelle

Reply Fri 10 Dec, 2004 01:42 am
Sorry if that was too explicit. Hope I didn't offend anyone. Embarrassed
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 10 Dec, 2004 05:37 am
Quote:
If she ever did that for me in the future then I will always have it in the back of my mind that she's only doing it to pacify me and doesn't really want to - therefore there's no point in me asking or pushing the subject further.

nick123456 - I agree with the assessments of my colleagues. From what you wrote in the quote above, it seems to me that you have placed your wife in a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" scenario. You are unhappy if she does not do what you want, but you would become suspicious of her motives if she relented. Not good.

It seems to me that you need to understand why a certain sex act would make or break your marriage. IMO, you have some major league self esteem problems. I think that you need to talk this out with a professional.
0 Replies