Lose the Right to Choose, Lose the Right to Vote?

SCoates

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2004 07:30 pm
dyslexia wrote:
littlek wrote:
I haven't read your post (yet), but I had a thought. If a woman takes alternative means to abort an unwanted pregnancy, at a point when a medical abortion is illegal, and she gets caught - what happens? Would she be tried for murder? And if so, wouldn't the resulting jail time cause her to lose her right to vote?

Well, not really as she would obviously be charged and convicted of a capital offense demanding a minimum of life imprisonment if she managed to avoid the death penality. In such a case, her sperm donor would required to vote twice.

In case the child turned out to be male? Certainly he wouldn't recieve extra votes for a female.
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2004 07:47 pm
Acquiunk wrote:
As a female can not become pregnant without the active participation of a male isn't it his resposiblity to keep his pants zipped rather than the responsibility of a women to "keep her legs closed". If women are the "weaker sex" she so addled headed she would not know how. Then it would seem to me that the burden is on the male, with his superior intellectual capabilities. I therefore would think that the male not the female should be prosecuted if the women had an abortion.

Same as you'd charge the farmer if his horse breaks loose and causes trouble.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2004 04:14 am
But you see in the red state mind, the same as it's always been, when something goes wrong, when men are led astray even by their own urges, it's always the woman's fault.

Joe
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2004 08:41 am
Remember, Joe, about that "red state" thing, we're all just shades of purple.

Anyway, it's all blue potatoes to me.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 10 Dec, 2004 08:45 am
Quote:
we're all just shades of purple.

Not according to those retained in power, we're red, tomato red, firetruck red, red as the ring around a polar bear's ass, and don't you forget it.

Now, please understand that I think the move to remove the vote from women will be gradual. We don't want to disturb their tender sensibilities. I think we need to encourage our girls to stop wearing pants and then we'll move to getting them to stop working outside the home. Yes, a return to days of yore when everyone was happy and content in the great United States, what a great day that will be!!

Joe (Hey, you hussy, take off those pants!) Nation
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 10 Dec, 2004 08:52 am
Get the shoes before the pants.

Barefoot and pregnant. That'll keep 'em in line.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 10 Dec, 2004 09:05 am
Now, Now, Now, we must keep our respect up throughout this change.
Just because women cannot be allowed to continue controlling their own bodies does not mean we should deprecate them. We are honoring them by taking away their freedom to choose. It's a sacred mission but we must carry on.

Joe
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 10 Dec, 2004 09:27 am
Ticomaya wrote:
Anyway, it's all blue potatoes to me.

YES!
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Fri 10 Dec, 2004 09:39 am
Well, I'll be.

Just last night I discovered that mashed potatos take on a lovely blue color when mixed with Draino.

Does anyone know of a colorless cleanser?

I just can't seem to control my own body or my own thoughts these days.

Must be hormones.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 10 Dec, 2004 10:00 am
or yellow waxy buildup.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 10 Dec, 2004 10:12 am
Joe Nation wrote:
Now, Now, Now, we must keep our respect up throughout this change.
Just because women cannot be allowed to continue controlling their own bodies does not mean we should deprecate them. We are honoring them by taking away their freedom to choose. It's a sacred mission but we must carry on.

Joe

Er, right! Sorry if I gave the wrong impression. I was just worried about deformities from the shoes, yeah, that's it.

Well, obviously the little darlings are incapable of making any sound choices. What if a female judge has PMS? We need to protect them like you said.

Wrap 'em up in warm cozies, don't give them anything to worry their pretty little heads about. We men need to make all the decisions so that our precious women can reside on their nice little pedestals and not get frown lines.

<Whisper> Can I let my wife make household decisions, though? What's the party line on lettin' 'em decide, like, what's for dinner?
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Fri 10 Dec, 2004 10:14 am
Joe Nation wrote:
But you see in the red state mind, the same as it's always been, when something goes wrong, when men are led astray even by their own urges, it's always the woman's fault.

Joe

It was that D****d apple Eve was passing around that caused all this.
0 Replies