Lose the Right to Choose, Lose the Right to Vote?

McGentrix

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2004 07:48 am
A lot of anger over speculation.
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2004 08:12 am
McGentrix wrote:
A lot of anger over speculation.

Yes. And rather hysterical speculation, at that.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2004 09:18 am
I wouldn't have described this thread as angry.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2004 09:20 am
FreeDuck wrote:
I wouldn't have described this thread as angry.

"Misguided" would be a better term for the original thesis.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2004 09:29 am
Sophistical?
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2004 09:42 am
One of the more interesting trends that demographers have noted in this country in the past 10 years, is that there is a distinct natalist movement in the US, and it is region specific. White females in the south and west (plains states) are having 3+ children, while those in the northeast and far west are having 2- children. These are statistical trends and cannot characterize any one individual. But they suggest there are two distinct trends, regionally located in the US as to family size. This is a revers of a previous trend in which the movement to smaller families among native born white couples was toward smaller families nation wide.
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2004 09:47 am
boomerang wrote:
My newspaper reprinted a Marie Cocco essay today that fits this bill.

She discusses the new sex-ed classes and the damsel in distress mentality that they teach.

http://www.newsday.com/news/columnists/ny-vpcoc074069868dec07,0,4034527.column?coll=ny-news-columnists

The way I look at it, if I can't be trusted to make decisions about my own body I certainly can't be trusted with something as dangerous as a stove.

If I'm too dumb to chose, I might just be too dumb to vote and cook and raise kids and all that other complicated intellectual type stuff.

They neglected to mention that once the damsel is rescued by her prince charming, they will go on to live happily ever after as green ogres, eternally pestered by a talking donkey.
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2004 10:18 am
They also neglected to mention that the womans CHOICE also includes the choice of keeping their legs closed or using protection.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2004 10:20 am
woiyo wrote:
They also neglected to mention that the womans CHOICE also includes the choice of keeping their legs closed or using protection.

not always. what about rape cases?
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2004 10:32 am
I think more people should lose the right to vote. If we have to start with women, then so be it.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2004 10:42 am
the only voters should be white males of euro descent property and slave owners. democracy works best for those that own it.
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2004 11:22 am
Kristie wrote:
woiyo wrote:

What about rape? Statistics show that abortions due to rape/incest amount to 1%

http://biblia.com/abortion/rape.htm

So that argument has no basis in fact.
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2004 11:35 am
As a female can not become pregnant without the active participation of a male isn't it his resposiblity to keep his pants zipped rather than the responsibility of a women to "keep her legs closed". If women are the "weaker sex" she so addled headed she would not know how. Then it would seem to me that the burden is on the male, with his superior intellectual capabilities. I therefore would think that the male not the female should be prosecuted if the women had an abortion.
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2004 11:38 am
Acquiunk wrote:
As a female can not become pregnant without the active participation of a male isn't it his resposiblity to keep his pants zipped rather than the responsibility of a women to "keep her legs closed". If women are the "weaker sex" she so addled headed she would not know how. Then it would seem to me that the burden is on the male, with his superior intellectual capabilities. I therefore would think that the male not the female should be prosecuted if the women had an abortion.

I thought NO meant NO!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2004 11:42 am
I suspect this poster's husband agrees with dys

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1050382#1050382

Quote:
"women seem to have the odd idea that they are equal somehow. My wife keeps telling me were equal but I dont listen to her. Lets see I make all the money, fix any problem and keep our friends..... I am the man of the house and if she fights to much I walk away and do anyways. It has worked great for 3 years and now she just gos with what I say. Women just need to be trained like dogs do, but with mind games no beating. Also make sure that she does not have any of those danm friends that keep telling her to do something about it. When ever she says I am going with THAT person tell her we have an dinner apointment with the parents or something. Women belong in the house working with kids or making money with no kids and danmit CLEAN THE DANM HOUSE!"
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2004 12:42 pm
Laughing
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2004 12:42 pm
woiyo wrote:
Kristie wrote:
woiyo wrote:

What about rape? Statistics show that abortions due to rape/incest amount to 1%

http://biblia.com/abortion/rape.htm

So that argument has no basis in fact.

It means a lot to that 1%
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2004 12:53 pm
There is always the hospital for a D&C. Those are now and have always been legal.
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2004 03:31 pm
Add this to the percentage
Link

Quote:
For condoms, the typical failure rate is about 12%, somewhat worse than birth-control pills (8%), but better than the diaphragm (18%), withdrawal (19%) and rhythm (20%). [Source: "Contraceptive Technology," Irvington Press, and Family Planning Perspectives journal.] Researchers know that, as with other methods, the failure figures include many couples who don't use contraception every time. If couples used condoms consistently and correctly, researchers estimate, the condom's failure rate would plummet to 2% or 3%, or perhaps even less.

Although I do not endorse abortion as a means of birth control, I do feel that there are cases when precautions have been taken and pregnancy results unexpectedly.
I support abortions inside the 1st trimester, and it seems reasonable to have such practices available to women within this range.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2004 06:43 pm
Now you see, I have screwed up. I have exposed our agenda to criticism. Sorry. I want to be make the Republican Red State base issues done deals. So first, I want abortion outlawed, I mean, the number one stirring issue amongst the conservative brethren is the plague upon the earth called abortion on demand, but I want all abortion outlawed in every state, especially in the red states which voted that way in order to bring about fundamental change in our nation. SO first, abortion outlawed.

Okay, next: No more talking about sex in schools. I wanted to put evolution there second but I was overruled by a series of polled responses down at R.J's so it's sex (and all that condom talk) out of the schools first and then no more shilly-shallying about evolution. We was made by God and all that humanism crap is crap. Evolution is the cause of all the drug use, homosexual activity and promotion of same, and the result of too many so-called educated people running the schools.

====
The really sad part in all this is that those poor schmucks who voted for George last month really thought he might carry through with some of this, but if they did they would lose their best stir the pot issues. So Republicans rage against abortion to win elections and then do nothing.
and the rubes never seem to catch on, we don't call them stupid for nothing, it's just that they get nothing for being stupid.

====
The man and the woman marriage, so sacred in our culture that we must pass a Constitutional Amendment stating that marriage is a holy vow being a male human and female human so we don't get any marriages between a woman and a chimpanzee or something. That's important too, but first we must roll back women's voting privilege, they've had it for almost a hundred years and look where they have taken us. I think they voted for F D R. Rolling Eyes

Okay. call your government lackeys get the agenda passed,

Joe (rock-ribbed and ready) Nation
0 Replies