Why the Dems Lost Ohio

revel

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2004 07:43 pm
I think the Ohio result is reflective of kind of how it is through out the whole United States, almost split down the middle with republicans just slightly ahead. Every vote definitely counts in this polarized era.

I think also most people are just burned out from the elections and politics in general after all the mud slinging and charges and counter charges of the past two years. Maybe now we can just discuss world events without considering how it affects anything politically.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2004 08:26 pm
Yeah right.
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2004 08:39 pm
DimestoreDiva wrote:
With all the irregularities and the Bush campaign controlling the voting, no one knows what the real count was. I have met a lot of people from Ohio and they are among the dumbest in the country but even they are not this stupid.

Some of the people over at DU were saying that very thing (about dumb Ohioans), only they didn't say it quite as nicely.
0 Replies

angie

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2005 11:40 pm
This article succinctly summarizes details of the alleged (?) voter fraud that took place during the 2004 election. It is well worth the five minute read.

http://www.freepress.org/departments/display/19/2005/1065

Ten preliminary reasons why the Bush vote does not compute, and why Congress must investigate rather than certify the Electoral College
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Sat 8 Jan, 2005 12:02 am
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20050106/capt.dcgh10201061945.electoral_votes_dcgh102.jpg

Quote:
Sen. Boxer Quits 'Flawed' Political System
by Scott Ott

(2005-01-06) -- Just minutes after failing to halt the certification of President Bush's electoral victory, Sen. Barbara Boxer, D-CA, announced her resignation from the Senate today, saying she is "wracked with doubt" about the precise margin of her own victory in November.

While the official vote count showed that Mrs. Boxer trounced Republican Bill Jones by nearly 2.4 million votes, she said today that if even one voter was disenfranchised in California, then her "election is tainted and American troops in Iraq are dying in vain."

"I feel dirty," she said at a hastily-called news conference. "I'm leaving the senate so I can sleep at night and face myself in the mirror. If I stayed, I would be no better than George W. Bush."

Former Sen. Boxer encouraged her Democrat colleagues to "follow my principled leadership and abandon your ill-gotten seats of power."

President George Bush, when told of the resignation, said, "Sen. Boxer has fought for years to make America better. Today, she has won that fight, and deserves the gratitude of all Americans."

This, of course, is satire.
0 Replies

tommrr

Reply Sat 8 Jan, 2005 01:52 am
Oh Tico...if only in Cali we could be so lucky...
0 Replies

Magus

Reply Sat 8 Jan, 2005 02:12 pm
Ticomaya wrote:

President George Bush, when told of the resignation, said, "Sen. Boxer has fought for years to make America better. Today, she has won that fight, and deserves the gratitude of all Americans."

[/quote]

For snide, arrogant, back-handed compliments... W has the best scripters.
(...or should W be credited with generating this nastiness all on his own?)
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 8 Jan, 2005 02:23 pm
"
Quote:
This, of course, is satire
."
a term applied to any work of literature or art whose objective is ridicule Yeppers sounds like Bushco (although I am also known for the same thing)
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Sat 8 Jan, 2005 03:38 pm
Magus wrote:
Ticomaya wrote:

For snide, arrogant, back-handed compliments... W has the best scripters.
(...or should W be credited with generating this nastiness all on his own?)

What are you talking about?
0 Replies