Me and my girlfriend are both 15, should we "do it"

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2017 02:48 am
So me and my girlfriend are both 15 we have been togheter for a year, and we didn't have sex but she did a blowjob a month ago which of course I really enjoyed, I didn't force her we were at her home on our own and she was the one that asked but then, after the blowjob she wanted to do the "real thing" and I didn't know what to do so I said I didn't have a condom. Is it okay if she wants and I want to have sex to do it? With a condom of course. I wasn't ready back then so I wanted to ask some people on the internet since I don't like to talk about this to people I know since it makes me uncomfortable. I know there will be some people who will say that we're young and don't love eachother and that we're just horny, but I really love her. She is one of the prettiest girl I have ever seen, her caracter, her smile, I am just crazy in love with my girl. Also to remind we live like 300 meters away from each other and our parents let us sleep in the same bed, we cuddle and kiss every night almost. We were also on a vacation on our own and it was something incredible to be with her, I had a gf before but I think this is the one that I shouldn't let go to the end of my life.

jespah

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2017 08:42 am
@Inlovewithher,
Get a birth control method beyond condoms, because condoms are not foolproof and the consequences of her getting pregnant are a far bigger deal than they would be if you were both 10 years older.

As for whether you are emotionally ready, the fact that you cannot discuss sex with anyone in person should tell you something.
0 Replies

tibbleinparadise

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2017 09:38 am
@Inlovewithher,
At fifteen it is unlikely that she is "the one".

As Jespah said, if you can't even talk about sex with anyone that should tell you enough about your level of maturity.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2017 09:42 am
@Inlovewithher,
It is hard for us to say because we do not know you. Just remember that this sort of relationship is an adult relationship - are you ready to be an adult? To take adult responsibilities? If not, then I would say the answer is "No."

Just remember too it may seem right now that you want to spend your life with this girl - but you are both 15 and you have much in front of you - you both will change in the next years as you graduate high school, potentially go off to college and go into the work force. This is an age where you are still "finding yourself" so between finishing high school and moving into adulthood you may find that you have different goals (and your goals during this time will change).

I am not saying that the two of you will not necessarily change in the same ways and still be compatible - just that there is a very good chance you may not.

You just want to take that into consideration before engaging in an adult relationship. And as the wise jespah said take the proper precautions prior to if you decide this.

(also there is no rush - you have decades to be an adult and only a short period to be a teenager)

and also - your feelings are completely normal - I would venture to guess most of us on here have been in your situation where in our teenage years we met someone we felt was the one - and it honestly really feels that way - the feelings are real, you do really care for the other person. But I would also venture that a very small percentage ended up with that person.

I will be the first to admit - I felt that way - and no I am not with that person.
0 Replies

Inlovewithher

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2017 10:35 am
Thanks to everyone for trying to help me out, this really helped me out, the fact that I feel uncofortable to talk to someone about us wanting to have personally doesn't change much since we're both kinda shy. I will also ask her multiple times and do it at the right moment, I personally am emotionally ready I will talk to her about everything. If she wants to do it I will Get a birth control method beyond condoms. Thanks.

ehBeth

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2017 10:56 am
@Inlovewithher,
Talk to your girlfriend about birth control. She needs to talk to a physician about the right method for her. Pills? Injections? Implants? Each method has its own timeline.

Responsibility for birth control is something you both need to deal with in advance.

The reality is that one or both of you will have to talk to someone else (doctor) before you go ahead with this. Condoms are certainly an important component so make sure you have them on hand. Definitely great for disease prevention and a part of birth control - but only a part.

__

The question of should you do it? that's really difficult for anyone else to answer for you. There are ramifications to sex beyond the physical pleasure and potential for disease and pregnancy. People have to be emotionally prepared as well. It can be a really big deal for some people. Not for all, of course, but you both have to be prepared for the possible reactions one or both of you may have.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2017 11:04 am
@Inlovewithher,
Inlovewithher wrote:
after the blowjob she wanted to do the "real thing" and I didn't know what to do so I said I didn't have a condom.

before this happens again, make sure you know how to reciprocate for the blowjob
izzythepush

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2017 12:15 pm
This is a bit wordy, but the message is that having sex before you're fully developed runs a higher risk of developing cervical cancer. Better to leave it a few years.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2670004/
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2017 12:16 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:
before this happens again, make sure you know how to reciprocate for the blowjob

You can't go wrong with a nice pat on the head.
0 Replies

Inlovewithher

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2017 12:51 pm
Beth I can't thank you enough for your help, since she wants to do it and wants to do it for her first time with me and I ddo aswell, we will see a doctor and I hope everything will go neat without any problems thank you so much.
maxdancona

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2017 01:07 pm
@Inlovewithher,
I tell my kids that the most important thing is that you are in a respectful, equal relationship. It might be good to wait a couple of years, because you do get more emotionally experienced.

If you are in a caring relationship where you both listen to each other and respect each other I think it is fine. Sexual relationships come with really strong feelings, you need to be mature enough to handle them... and to be honest, relationships between 15 year olds can be great, but you should be realistic. Is it quite possible you and your girlfriend will break up at some point, you should be realistic about that.

Relationships come with a range of emotions, some are great, some hurt. That is the nature of sexual relationships. If you are going to jump into this part of adult life, you need to be willing to accept that sometimes breakups hurt a lot. Sex makes these feelings even more intense. (The good news is that we all go through this, and we all survive and move on.)

I think people are overreacting a bit about the doctor part. Birth control is a real issue, condoms are not perfect (but provide protection from some diseases). Birth control pills work well if your girlfriend is good about taking them. Many people (including myself) think IUDs are great; they work very well and can be taken out when she wants a baby.

But honestly, other than condoms, birth control choices belong to your girlfriend and her doctor. Be supportive of her decisions.
0 Replies

eurocelticyankee

Reply Wed 2 Aug, 2017 03:07 am
@Inlovewithher,
0 Replies

Inlovewithher

Reply Wed 2 Aug, 2017 03:33 am
We always listen to each other and take it very serious when it comes to stuff like this, she will be talking to her doctor. Thanks.
0 Replies