Funny $15 minimum wage meme

Reply Mon 31 Jul, 2017 02:55 pm
http://i.imgur.com/YCkiRXE.jpg

Laughing Laughing Laughing

centrox

Reply Mon 31 Jul, 2017 03:42 pm
Who finds this "funny", right wingers? Sounds a bit fascist to me. Lots of assholes think they can pull Adam Smith out of a hat and win arguments.

0 Replies

ascribbler

Reply Mon 31 Jul, 2017 08:54 pm
@Angelgz2,
Welcome back Angel, you are a breath of air, if I may quote you:

Quote:
Media has the power to exaggerate a republican's fault and downplay a democrat's apparent moral deficiencies. Unfortunately the young generation today are so brainwashed by our liberal education system leading to their tendencies to believe everything their hear in the news -- as long as the comment disparages republicans, vilifies the rich and sympathizes the poor. The increased unwillingness of these so-called "progressives" to have a real, educated, and civil conversion with a conservative is evidence that they are not as "progressive" as they wanted to believe. Rather, it's evidence that these "progressive" individuals are the cause of today's divisive society, which, is further exemplified by their hostile attitude towards any conservatives by generalizing the latter as "fascists", "racists", or "homophobes"
emmett grogan

Reply Mon 31 Jul, 2017 09:24 pm
@Angelgz2,
What, Adam Smith didn't believe that money supply affects both pricing and market volume???

The meme is not funny. It is misinformed.
0 Replies

ascribbler

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2017 09:12 pm
@ascribbler,
Ironically, it's back to Grade 1 little school comprehension class for the down voters and the op.

Sit up straight and raise your hand for permission to speak.
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Wed 2 Aug, 2017 05:38 am
Credibility is questionable when Rep. Pelosi is identified as a "senator".
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
centrox

Reply Wed 2 Aug, 2017 11:16 am
@Angelgz2,
Angelgz2 wrote:
And mind you I am DEFINITELY a minority here at my company.

You mean they aren't all jerks like you?
Angelgz2

Reply Fri 4 Aug, 2017 09:23 am
@centrox,
Quote:
You mean they aren't all jerks like you?

Nope the only jerk here is you. If you don't have anything intelligent, or a valid counter argument, you should shut your hole instead of behaving like a 12 year old.

Quote:
...sound like fascist to me

Here's something educational for you. Perhaps if you are not so ignorant you could earn a higher wage without whining:

"Fascism /ˈfæʃɪzəm/ is a form of radical authoritarian nationalism, characterized by dictatorial power, forcible suppression of opposition, and control of industry and commerce, that came to prominence in early 20th-century Europe."

Apparently those who disagrees with you is either a "fascist" or a "jerk", like many liberals who LOVES to suppress disagreements without any thing to back their disagreements. You wanna control the industry and force small business owners to pay $15 regardless with no regard to market forces. The only fascist here is YOU.
centrox

Reply Fri 4 Aug, 2017 10:36 am
@Angelgz2,
Angelgz2 wrote:
Nope the only jerk here is you.

It is you, buddy. You think posting stupid photo/cartoons is a valid political statement, and you want to keep poor people poor. Like I said, JERK.

0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Sat 5 Aug, 2017 06:21 am
@Angelgz2,
If people want $15/hr for flipping burgers or directing me to the proper isle for the product I'm looking for, then they are crazy.
centrox

Reply Sat 5 Aug, 2017 06:50 am
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:
the proper isle for the product I'm looking for

The Isle of Man? The Isle of Wight? The Isle of Skye?

ascribbler

Reply Sun 6 Aug, 2017 04:10 am
@Angelgz2,
The things that you find reprehensible in left wing political supporters were displayed in your support of the right wing cant that I quoted.

Aisle wager no economists think that consumer spending multipliers on wage increases to low income households will not boost economic growth.

So why don't you want those that are struggling to be better off?
0 Replies

emmett grogan

Reply Mon 7 Aug, 2017 07:59 am
@Angelgz2,
What a vile response to honest and polite argument. Having a bad day?
0 Replies

emmett grogan

Reply Mon 7 Aug, 2017 08:02 am
@Baldimo,
Quote:
Re: Angelgz2 (Post 6475228)
If people want $15/hr for flipping burgers or directing me to the proper isle for the product I'm looking for, then they are crazy.

But the CEO of McDonald's works hard for his hundred plus million a year, right????? And the people who actually make something or provide services to you deserve low wages and your contempt.
Baldimo

Reply Mon 7 Aug, 2017 01:45 pm
@emmett grogan,
Quote:
But the CEO of McDonald's works hard for his hundred plus million a year, right?????

You don't think he does? How much work does it take to run a multi-billion/multi-national company? Do you think he works less than 40 hours a week?

Quote:
And the people who actually make something or provide services to you deserve low wages and your contempt.

Contempt? Have you ever worked fast-food? I have and I can promise you that flipping burgers, which they don't do at most of these places any more, it's all timed on a conveyor belt(BK) or timed with a double sided cooking grill(McD), so no skills are involved other than equal placement of the patties. There are already machines on the market that can cook a burger from start to finish to include putting on all the fixings, places like McD's have had a machine that can cook the fries from start to finish, it only takes a person to put them in the container that is going to the customer. I don't have contempt for the workers, I have a realistic understanding of what it takes to do their jobs and the skill level required to do it and it isn't a skill set that is worth $15hr. The only thing in the future saving some of these jobs will be the customer wanting a person to interact with and not a machine, which at this point can do every aspect of the fast-food industry from taking orders to actually making all of the food.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Mon 7 Aug, 2017 01:48 pm
@centrox,
Any comment on what was actually written or just picking at spelling errors?
0 Replies

centrox

Reply Mon 7 Aug, 2017 01:49 pm
Never trust anyone who flies on the Heinliner.

Baldimo

Reply Mon 7 Aug, 2017 01:53 pm
@centrox,
What do you have against Bobby H? Where you insulted by Starship Troopers as a young adult?
centrox

Reply Mon 7 Aug, 2017 02:16 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:
What do you have against Bobby H? Where you insulted by Starship Troopers as a young adult?

My uncle was an SF fab since about 1940 and had a huge collection of paperback novels and US/British magazines. I mean huge. I was a very early reader as a child and grew up on Heinlein, Asimov, Blish, Clarke, and many more from ages about 8 to 20. I read "Starship Troopers" in around 1962 when I was 10, and it just seemed like a straightforward space-war story. As I grew older I began to find the experience of reading Heinlein a bit like being trapped in a plane next to a very talkative, confident, and patronizing American conservative of the libertarian persuasion.
0 Replies