please help me, this is my first time with this

Reply Fri 3 Dec, 2004 09:08 pm
me and my girlfriend have been together for about 6 months now, weve had a 4 year relationship before but now we are very intimate and more serious. Weve never done anything too sexual, but its obvious we are both moving in that direction each time we are alone...i want to go down on her, so how do i initiate it. Should i talk to her about it before, talk to her when we are alone...idk please help
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 961 • Replies: 9
No top replies

hingehead

Reply Fri 3 Dec, 2004 09:14 pm
Do you guys talk about sex freely now? It might sound weird if you suddenly ask 'How about some cunnilingus?'

Also when you say 'We've never done anything too sexual' do you mean 'with each other' or 'with anyone'?
0 Replies

MrBob329

Reply Fri 3 Dec, 2004 09:17 pm
anyone, like weve basically been together since 6th grade, we are seniors now and we have only been intimate with eachother, and ive asked her about how she feels about sex but its not a common topic of conversation
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Fri 3 Dec, 2004 09:40 pm
Welcome to A2K Bob - I got 62% on Slappy's slut index and I'm easily double your age so I don't think I'm the appropriate person to give advice on this one.

So how does she feel about sex?

As a callow youth (and as a dirty old man) I love(d) to give a woman head - if she enjoyed it. But given your relative inexperience you have to sort out a couple of things in your own head.

a) Does she want you to do it?
b) Are you doing it because you think she'll feel she'll have to reciprocate? Or let you go all the way? What's your motivation for this? Raging adolescent hormones are strong motivators but poor thinkers.
c) Even if she's agreeable to all this, what are you going to do when you get down there?

From a jaded old sex fiend's perspective:

Not all women like receiving oral sex.
Women who like oral sex don't all like it the same way.
Sex where one of the participants is uncomfortable and merely putting up with it is no fun at all and should be avoided at all costs.

And my golden rule: If a women can't please herself sexually what chance do you have?
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 3 Dec, 2004 09:43 pm
I would suggest that there is quite a range of experiences available before you get to oral sex.

Be open about where you want the relationship to go. Take it slow, make sure you respect her boundaries, don't frighten her.
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Fri 3 Dec, 2004 09:44 pm
well relationships are all about talking. if you cant communicate then there is no relationship. so my advice is that when you two are feeling "frisky" and start doing things calmly ask if she would like it. dont go saying 'hey let me stick my tounge in your *beeep*" but say it was class. something like "sweetheart let me try something with you. would it be alright if i went down on you" "would you like it if i went down on you" she might be insecure about her body and not want you to. its all in the way you ask my friend.
0 Replies

MrBob329

Reply Fri 3 Dec, 2004 09:46 pm
i want to do it because i want to please her, i wouldnt mind if she doesnt want to go down on me. That wouldnt bother me at all. But you know, now that you are making me analyze this, which is something i needed to do, im not so sure if i want to because im pretty sure i please her now and not only that we have a very established relationship i mean its like 5 years and we are 17, thats a long time, and we do legitimately care about eachother we arent the ones to be in it for sex. Its funny because all my friends are like typical teenage guys who think about sex all the time, but me and my gf dont really make it a priority but still manage to make eachother happy if you know what i mean
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Fri 3 Dec, 2004 09:55 pm
Mr Bob, if you're main motivation is to please her (in all senses of the word) then your already half way to achieving it. Just keep communicating and paying attention to what she says (especially non-verbally, she might say the words she thinks you want to hear but her body language will tell you what she really thinks).
0 Replies

Mikeymike

Reply Fri 3 Dec, 2004 11:04 pm
JUST GO FOR IT!!!!!!! YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!
(peanut gallery cheers!!!!)
0 Replies

Aurora Dark

Reply Sat 4 Dec, 2004 01:06 am
MrBob329 wrote:
im not so sure if i want to because im pretty sure i please her now and not only that we have a very established relationship i mean its like 5 years and we are 17, thats a long time, and we do legitimately care about eachother we arent the ones to be in it for sex.

I see where you're coming from (but for the record, I'm female so my viewpoint may differ somewhat Razz)...

However, don't be afraid or nervous to pursue further sexual territory. YES, be careful. YES, be sure not to move too fast. But there is nothing wrong with bringing a deeper level of sex into a successful relationship. If you two are so close and so great together, some experimenting shouldn't tear you apart. If it does, chances are you weren't as close as you believed...

I used to avoid these things like a plague; I was even afraid to shed clothes! I've always seen love from the dreamy/romantic aspect, so I didn't want to make my relationships 'impure'. But I only gained more openness and respect for myself and from my sig other when I finally decided to let down some of my guard. Ultimately, the territory is bound to be explored someday, and who better to do that with, than someone you deeply care about and that deeply cares for you? Sex won't ruin anything unless you allow it to become something negative.. the act itself (this includes oral sex, by my definition) is neither good or bad, it always depends on the compatibility (physical and emotional) of the couple.

If you want to try it (and she grants you permission, of course) don't be weary to do so... just be careful and safe, be wise.

But truly:
COMMUNICATION IS EVERYTHING. I tend to believe that the most successful couples are often the ones that can talk about anything and everything without fear or apprehension. It sounds like, even after all of your time together, you two could improve that a tad... you should be able to openly speak with her about sexual things, as easily as anything else. I suggest working on that, becoming more used to achieving that level of comfort with her (even if you two end up doing nothing of that nature Wink).
0 Replies