i need help with getting guys

Reply Fri 3 Dec, 2004 12:19 pm
i can never find a guy that im satisfied with and all my relationships don't last. im kinda pretty and hang out with alot of guys but none of them like me the way i want them to and i need to find a way to notice me in a different way. do i need a make over or do i need to change my attitude or is there just something wrong
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 702 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 3 Dec, 2004 12:21 pm
how old are you? the age of the guys you are trying to date might be a factor.
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Fri 3 Dec, 2004 12:36 pm
It may well have to do with the kind of people you hang out with. It may be that a different set of friends is the answer.
0 Replies

Mikeymike

Reply Fri 3 Dec, 2004 06:43 pm
Always remember this for the rest of your life!!!! There is nothing wrong with you. And second never change yourself for anybody! My advice it to wait for it to happen, because it will come along when you least expect it! Or just try looking somewhere else
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Fri 3 Dec, 2004 07:10 pm
For me, what worked was letting them notice me in their own time. Any "different" attempts resulted in me being something I wasn't or something I couldn't keep on being. After awhile, my attempts to be something I dreamed up in my head would get unmasked with "who I actually am."

I'm sure if compared to your own scenario, the guys you hang out with DO notice you. They just may taking for granted the "awesomeness" that they see daily *you* .....and be going through all the wrong girls first.

Your time will come. Until then, just keep your eyes open. It's so true that it hits you when you least expect it. You'll prepare one way and cupid will hit from the side you weren't keeping guarded. Smile

I spent endless nights wondering why, why, why..
fighting my inner self.
It just wasn't my time. I hadn't learned what life/God/whatever you believe in... wanted me to be prepared for. Smile

I'm not saying you'll be prepared with the right armor and sword or anything like that .....but maybe your heartaches/disappointments will help you appreciate the end prize?
0 Replies

Aurora Dark

Reply Sat 4 Dec, 2004 01:11 am
I'm wondering why your relationships don't last... Do you end it, or do they? What are the complaints? What are yours?

That very well could hide your answer Wink

(It's a bit of a stretch, but from experience I've seen this work for others; analyzing why relationships themselves failed sometimes helps a bit when understanding your appeal as a person, for better or worse)

PS: It is true that you should never change yourself for someone else (indeed!), but you can certainly change perspective. By this I mean: What are you looking for in a partner? What do you want from someone? How do tou want them to treat you?
Changing these, broadening them, or narrowing them down, or maybe even altering some of them (just as examples: I find that many of us are very picky, and overlook good guys because of weird things they do to turn us away. Or sometimes, we settle for guys that don't treat us well, to go for a "sexy personality". Anything of that sort). My advice may sound silly to others, but the moment I changed my "what I want in a guy" vision and rearranged my priority list to something more broad and more based on his character, I found a perfect match :]
Turns out I'd been looking for the wrong kind of personality (and style, since those two are often related) to match mine >_> lol
0 Replies

australia

Reply Sun 5 Dec, 2004 03:51 am
Put an ad in an internet dating site. The amounts of guys that respond to that are amazing. Then you can pick and choose !
0 Replies