Who is your favorite Physicist?

fresco

Tue 29 Aug, 2017 06:49 am
@Olivier5,
...only if you assume 'word usage' is separate from 'idea generation'....
......Not according to the Sapir-Whorf hypothesis !
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=sapir+whorf+hypothesis&oq=sapir&aqs=chrome.2.69i57j0l5.4807j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
Olivier5

Tue 29 Aug, 2017 06:52 am
@fresco,
Language can be changed if found problematic; as you say yourself words are just currencies. They are not the point, they are ways to communicate the point.
fresco

Tue 29 Aug, 2017 07:06 am
@Olivier5,
Yes...'the point' being what action (if any) to take next....and I include considering, responding, filing away, ignoring ...etc as actions.
Leadfoot

Tue 29 Aug, 2017 08:10 am
@fresco,
Quote:
There is no 'right picture'.
Your tendency to religious absolutism is showing !

That sounded a lot like negation, not to mention absolutism.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Tue 29 Aug, 2017 08:33 am
@fresco,
Sure, as well as understanding and even misunderstanding.
fresco

Tue 29 Aug, 2017 09:08 am
@Olivier5,
Smile This could run and run....how is 'understanding' shown if not by subsequent action ?
I'm reminded here of the interesting case of a brain damaged WW1 veteran reported by Merleau-Ponty. This man was unable to 'salute' when asked, but did so immediately an officer entered the room. The sound of the word no longer triggered appropriate action. Did he 'understand' the word ? ....an interesting question !
Olivier5

Tue 29 Aug, 2017 09:13 am
@fresco,
I was actually agreeing woth you, stressing that understanding is an action.
fresco

Tue 29 Aug, 2017 09:30 am
@Olivier5,
Appreciated !
0 Replies

brianjakub

Tue 29 Aug, 2017 11:30 am
@Susmariosep,
Before In continue this discussion, I wantn to know who your favorite Physicist is and why.
Susmariosep

Tue 29 Aug, 2017 05:36 pm
@brianjakub,
Dear Brian, you ask me:
"@Susmariosep,
Before In continue this discussion, I wantn to know who your favorite Physicist is and why."

Honestly and sincerely and with no reservations in my mind, I have no favorite physicist at all; I try to make sense with their ideas, from critical reading, and making sense of them or nonsense, by comparing them to truths, facts, logic, and the best thoughts of mankind from since the dawn of man's conscious intelligence.

Now, dear Brian, I like very much for you to read this post from my favorite poster - hehehehehehehe:
Quote:
• Post: # 6,493,961 | Susmariosep | Tue 29 Aug, 2017 05:16 pm

@Olivier5,
Dear Olie, I see you are now into what I call stubborn evasiveness, with your text:
Quote:
From Olie:
Quote:
From Susmariosep: "all that is in existence, it is put there by some entity."
Or several entities, more often. Like in the case of the elephant I was talking about.

You know, dear Olie, I am thinking all the time about a thread on Autopsy of Impasses, right now I have you and Brian for protagonists, with me on the one side and you two on the other side.

The purpose of the proposed thread is to examine how impasse occurs, by examining the cognitive psychology of the protagonists.

Right now I have the idea that impasse occurs when humans use words with their insistence that the words they use are understood by them in their own way, and they have the natural right to understand words in their own meanings of the words in concern.

What do you say about that?

Nevermind, let us you and me talk about the elephant you mention above, namely: "...several entities, more often. Like in the case of the elephant I was talking about."

Tell me where previously you brought in elephant, so that I will know what for you is the definition of the word, elephant.

Dear readers here, let us all sit back and await with bated breath to witness what other words Olie will bring in, to replace my phrase in bold: "all that is in existence, it is put there by some entity".

That phrase, some entity, is chosen by me precisely for all protagonists to specify what they want to mean with the phrase from me, some entity.

You see readers, if my opponent protagonists want to refer to the creator cause of everything with a beginning, then it is all right with me, except that I have to explain to readers that by elephant Olie means also what I mean with the phrase, some entity, namely, the creator cause of everything with a beginning.

That is typical of atheists' speech, because they have this taboo and phobia of the thought/concept of creator cause of everything with a beginning.

Take notice that they also use words like: flying spaghetti monster, invisible pink unicorn, tooth fairy, Santa, etc., all of them of course with people who do read and think on the cognitive psychology of atheists, they refer to what theists understand, like one theist Susmariosep, the creator cause of everything with a beginning.

So, dear Olie, what are you referring to with your elephant, in place of my some entity?

For your notice, Dear Olie, by some entity I am talking about God in concept as first and foremost the creator cause of everything with a beginning.

No more, please, of evasiveness, and also please don't dwell in flippancies, because you will lapse into profanities, and that is the end of civility with you in a web forum.
barmpot

Tue 29 Aug, 2017 11:23 pm
The juvenile graffiti writer strikes again !
Susmariosep

Wed 30 Aug, 2017 11:04 am
@barmpot,
Dear Barmpot, I like very much to exchange thoughts with you, let us try this question:

"Think and tell me what is the first rule of logical explanation, for example, explain why there is something rather than nothing."

Okay, everyone, let us all sit back and await with bated breath to witness how Barm think, as to tell mankind what is first rule of logical explanation, like to the question, why is there something instead of nothing.

Dear Barm, if you want me to be first to tell mankind what is the first rule from me, on how to give a logical explanation to the question, why is there something rather than nothing, please tell me so when you reply to this post, but please, no profanities, okay?
0 Replies

brianjakub

Wed 30 Aug, 2017 12:17 pm
@Susmariosep,
The creator of the massage gets to decide what the message means to himself. Hopefully the receiver of the message can figure out the senders exact message he intended to send by asking a few clarifying messages. If the message from you is, "I think there is a creator?" And you and Ollie go back and forth to make sure you understand each other's point of view clearly, you can then Ollie can decide for himself if it agrees with his perception of the facts, or reality. The problem is, there are a lot of interpretations of reality, and many are valid. I think most physicists think the universe is physically real, and it stores a lot of energy. If you put the energy in order, and store it in something rotating so it can be observed it becomes information (matter). That's all matter is, information stored by rotating something. How it changed from pure energy into information, is a hard topic for a physicist to discuss because we don't see much energy turning into information or matter today. Physicists hate speculating, so they don't like to discuss it. You speculate, a Creator did it. Olie speculates gravity did it in the Big Bang in the past, or in Supernova's even now. Both are pure speculation, because we can't interview the Creator, and I can't see inside a Supernova. The key question is . . . Where did all this information come from, and what is it telling us. Einstein, Shrodinger, Planck, Bohr, Maxwell, Bose, Hawking etc. . . Are great at telling us what the information is saying, but they suck at telling us where all this information came from.
barmpot

Wed 30 Aug, 2017 12:28 pm
@brianjakub,
Uh oh ! You might get a marriage proposal for that lot !
0 Replies

Olivier5

Wed 30 Aug, 2017 12:54 pm
@brianjakub,
Thanks for an excellent post. I agree that the most interesting philosophical question in the creation "story" (whichever creation story one decides to adopt) is NOT the creation of matter and energy in the big bang -- unobservable empirically, unthinkable almost at this stage -- as much as that of their progressive structuration into "shapes", "forms", "information": particles, atoms, molecules, self-replicating molecules, living organisms, and ultimately, thoughts.

It is interesting because this aspect of "information creation" can be observed as a continuous process, and that makes it a scientific question. But one that involves many different sciences, which makes it philosophical. And is it not a historical role of philosophy to explore new fields for future scientific enquiry?
0 Replies

Susmariosep

Wed 30 Aug, 2017 01:29 pm
Dear readers here, Let us all sit back and await to witness the reaction of our dear brain-stopped posters here, see below for their identities.

As usual I tell you, they will go into evasiveness, instead of contributing some thinking and civil writing to attend to the issue I am propounding, namely, that when there is something rather than nothing, it is because some entity brought it about.

Here below is the reproduction of the post I am presenting to our dear brain-stopped colleagues to react to.

[ Disclosure: I see you guys are again into your favorite brain stopper, namely, evasiveness, inspired by frear and false pride. ]

Postscript, read the text below in bigger font.

@Barmpot, Olivier5, Brianjakup, and all posters here with good will and desire for knowledge of reality:

Please react to this post from my favorite poster, and no profanities and also no flippancies, but genuine thinking and civil writing, and abstain also from smug and but disingenuous self-hubris, okay?:
Quote:
• Post: # 6,494,493 | Susmariosep | Wed 30 Aug, 2017 11:22 am

@Olivier5,
Dear Olie, you tell me:
"And I am talking of the possibility of several gods. In my experience it always take a group of entities to create something. Like a mother AND a father would create a child, right?"

Several gods must have brought it about, namely, the something rather than nothing, aside from themselves.

That is pretty good.

Now, think further, don't the several gods have to work together at all to bring about something so that something is present than nothing aside from themselves?

Isn't one god the better thought of mankind from since the dawn of man's conscious intelligence?

Think on Occam's razor.

That is the big trouble with your brain, you are always into evasiveness, instead of doing what comes spontaneously with your brain, as your brain and everyman's brain has been wired to think logically, otherwise man would not have survived up to today.

Read this post from my favorite poster here, and reply to it with your nature-endowed logical brain:
Quote:
• Post: # 6,494,483 | Susmariosep | Wed 30 Aug, 2017 11:04 am

Dear Barmpot, I like very much to exchange thoughts with you, let us try this question:

"Think and tell me what is the first rule of logical explanation, for example, explain why there is something rather than nothing."

Okay, everyone, let us all sit back and await with bated breath to witness how Barm think, as to tell mankind what is the first rule of logical explanation, like to the question, why is there something instead of nothing.

Dear Barm, if you want me to be first to tell mankind what is the first rule from me, on how to give a logical explanation to the question, why is there something rather than nothing, please tell me so when you reply to this post, but please, no profanities, okay?

brianjakub

Wed 30 Aug, 2017 02:34 pm
@Susmariosep,
Everybody is evasive because you talk down to everyone, and take a lot of words to say very little. Sometimes I think you are an auto poster full of egotistical phrases.
Susmariosep

Thu 31 Aug, 2017 03:22 am
@brianjakub,
Dear Brian, Do you know? That you must always seek the most simple explanation in everything that puzzles you, for example you have this explanation of why people are evasive with me - which I see to be most un-simple:
"Everybody is evasive because you talk down to everyone, and take a lot of words to say very little. Sometimes I think you are an auto poster full of egotistical phrases."

The rule of seeking the most simple explanation why everyone is evasive towerd me is that they are fearful of getting exposed as know nothing or having wrong knowledge.

There, do you now come to the conviction of the need to always seek the most simple explanation?

Dear readers here, let us all sit back and await with bated breath to witness whether Brian will seek the most simple way to react to me in this post from me.

I tell you, he will seek the most simple way to react to me in this post, that is by going into evasiveness from my invitation to him that we both work together as to find out all the most simple ways and means of explaining something, anything that puzzles us, like for example, why do people here take to evasiveness in reacting to my thoughts, or for example, why do people take to evasiveness in answering their own question, why is there something instead of nothing.

I always seek the most simple explanation, that is why I can comprehend anything that puzzles me, and after having found the most simple explanation, it no longer puzzles me.

Dear readers here, adopt this lesson in your cognitive life or intellectual life, ALWAYS SEEK THE MOST SIMPLE EXPLANATION.

Dear Brian, let us we two now go into all ways and means of seeking the most simple explanation of anything that we want an explanation for, like for example, why is there something instead of noting.

You want to go first or me, let me know.

Hehehehehehehehehehehehehe.
brianjakub

Thu 31 Aug, 2017 03:48 am
@Susmariosep,
Because someone, in a quantum creation event made all the particles of quantum mechanics that we know about and don't know about yet. The simplest reason to make something out of nothing, would be for the purpose of sharing it, because sharing is the simplest reason to create anything.
Susmariosep

Thu 31 Aug, 2017 03:54 am
@brianjakub,
Noted, but no comment.
0 Replies